When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

This might sound like an odd request for some of you, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some quotes of their acceptance letters/email on this threat. I feel like it will be helpful for all those who are still anxiously waiting to hear back. It just give us something to look up to. 

I applied to HPM at Harvard SM2 and didn't hear back today :( I'm guessing that's a no?

Don't say that! You're making me super nervous too... I called them today but they were out of the office. :\

By some miracle I also got into Harvard. SM2 in HPM.

Did I get rejected?! :( Or are they just waiting until tomorrow? I applied for the Global Health and Populations program.

I'm basically freaking out to the max. I need candy in my life.

If you call and ask, can you let us know what they say?

Not sure what program you applied to, but the SM2 HPM class looks super tiny. Assuming their "current students" section includes all the students. Looks like 9 total..meaning only 4-5 per cohort. On top of that, further breakdown between policy vs management vs research. They must admit a very small amount of applicants.

This might sound like an odd request for some of you, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some quotes of their acceptance letters/email on this threat. I feel like it will be helpful for all those who are still anxiously waiting to hear back. It just give us something to look up to. 

I've pasted the letter from Harvard below. I just removed paragraphs with personal information such as Harvard ID/login information.

On behalf of the Committee on Admissions and Degrees, I am pleased to extend to you an offer of admission to the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH).  We hope that you will join the HSPH class entering in the 2014-2015 academic year as a candidate for the  full time Master of Science (80-credit) program in Global Health and Population for the 2014-2015 academic year.  with an expected graduation date of May, 2016.

You will be joining a group of students who bring with them not only impressive professional experience and excellent academic training, but also dedication to the profession of public health.  You are to be commended on the fine record of achievement by which you earned your place in this year’s cohort.  You will benefit from your association with each other as well as from the challenges of the public health program.

Congratulations on your admission to the Harvard School of Public Health.  We look forward to hearing from you and sincerely hope that you will accept our offer of admission.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 617-432-1031.

If you call and ask, can you let us know what they say?

Not sure what program you applied to, but the SM2 HPM class looks super tiny. Assuming their "current students" section includes all the students. Looks like 9 total..meaning only 4-5 per cohort. On top of that, further breakdown between policy vs management vs research. They must admit a very small amount of applicants.

I think the "current students" section is comprised of some of their featured students and not everyone. And if it is everyone, then that is an mind-blowing small amount. In either case, I still haven't received anything yet, so... I'm really sad.

I think Harvard epidemiologic methods ScD results should be out fairly soon.  A POI emailed me yesterday to let me know that since I got into the biostatistics PhD and seemed more likely to accept that offer than one from epi, I probably won't receive an offer from epidemiology but that I am welcome to work with any of the jointly appointed professors.  Oh, well.  They weren't wrong.  Honestly, I feel like it was worth paying the two application fees to make sure I ended up in the right department.  I wasn't sure how applying to two departments would pan out, but I have to say I'm impressed with the care and thought they seem to have put into evaluating fit.  My only regret is that some of my application fee ended up going to support that godawful SOPHAS.

I think the "current students" section is comprised of some of their featured students and not everyone. And if it is everyone, then that is an mind-blowing small amount. In either case, I still haven't received anything yet, so... I'm really sad.

It may not be over yet...I emailed them and her response was: 

We anticipate this review period being complete within the next 6-10 days.  Best of luck with the process!

It may not be over yet...I emailed them and her response was: 

We anticipate this review period being complete within the next 6-10 days.  Best of luck with the process!

Nice! :D