When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

I just checked the "Results" section and people have already heard back from Harvard! There are both rejections and acceptances--I'm so nervous now! :o I haven't gotten anything yet.

Probably a little late to this thread....

I applied to University of Texas Houston Health Science Center customized MPH program in Austin. Application deadline is 3/1. Emailed program to see if I could get a confirmation that they have received my application- no word yet.

E-submitted through SOPHAS on 2/4 and my application was verified and mailed the week of 2/20. 

GPA: 3.2 GRE V: 162 Q: 148 (yikes) W: 4.5 

I don't see too many people talking about Texas on this thread...so any intel is great. Just a waiting game now.

Good luck to everyone.

I applied to the MPH program in Austin too, Health Promotion though. I haven't heard anything from them, and I emailed admissions the other day and the lady didn't give me any useful information of course. So I guess it's just a waiting game still.

I applied to the MPH program in Austin too, Health Promotion though. I haven't heard anything from them, and I emailed admissions the other day and the lady didn't give me any useful information of course. So I guess it's just a waiting game still.

My correspondence with them throughout the application process has been subpar. BUT, you can't beat the price and location. When did your SOPHAS app get sent over? They don't say much about response times on the website except that it can take them up to 90 days to respond.

I've been lurking here for awhile and I thought I'd share my results.

So far I've been accepted to:

Johns Hopkins (MSPH), Duke (MSc), Georgetown (MSc), Brown (MPH), Boston University (MPH), Columbia (MPH), George Washington (MPH), UPenn (MPH), Yale (MPH), Emory (MPH), and Thomas Jefferson (MPH)

Waiting on:

Harvard (MSc) and UNC (MPH)

Rejected:

None

My correspondence with them throughout the application process has been subpar. BUT, you can't beat the price and location. When did your SOPHAS app get sent over? They don't say much about response times on the website except that it can take them up to 90 days to respond.

Yeah they really haven't reached out to me at all! My app got sent over the first week of February I believe. I was a little later than I wanted with my app,long story. 

Yeah they really haven't reached out to me at all! My app got sent over the first week of February I believe. I was a little later than I wanted with my app,long story. 

I actually reached out to two separate people after my application was mailed to see if I could verify that they have received it, or if I would get a confirmation of receipt at all (I don't trust SOPHAS). Haven't heard a word back.

I actually reached out to two separate people after my application was mailed to see if I could verify that they have received it, or if I would get a confirmation of receipt at all (I don't trust SOPHAS). Haven't heard a word back.

Completely understandable. SOPHAS dumb and long processing period set me back like at least two weeks. I believe they got mine because I got an email from UT and they gave me a myUTH account and all that so I can monitor my application.

This has been really useful for me as I refresh my email over and over, so I'll share:

OSU (MS Epi): Submitted SOPHAS 11/13 or 14, received email to finish supplemental app 11/14, completed app acknowledged by email 11/25, accepted by email 12/4

Minnesota (MPH Epi): complete as of 11/19, acknowledged by email 11/20, accepted by email (link to website) 12/19.

Minnesota (MS Outcomes Research): complete as of 11/19, acknowledged by email 11/20, accepted by email (link to website) 2/6.

UIC (MS Epi): SOPHAS acknowledged 1/18, supplemental app acknowledged 2/4 (I had to email them because the system still said incomplete; it was actually done right away), still waitinggggg

Harvard (SM80 Epi): SOPHAS acknowledged 1/6, still waiting

Good luck to everyone! I haven't heard of anyone except perhaps PhD/SD applicants hearing from either UIC or Harvard yet.

I wish I had done that-- I waited anxiously for SOPHAS to open, not realizing how little additional instruction there would be on there for how to write the personal statement. If I'd known what I know now, I could have just used UIC's website to write it over the summer, and submitted in October! That would have been so much smarter.

I saw one person on SDN who got into a UIC master's program already too, but it was an MPH and not my field. Did you apply to the MS, or MPH at UIC? Going MS made me very nervous, but everyone I talked to at those programs was encouraging so I went for it.

I also applied to UIC MPH, Community Health Sciences. My stuff was acknowledged a couple weeks ago so I'm behind. But the fact that some of you applied much earlier and still haven't heard worries me. I know there was a UIC teacher and faculty strike last week I believe only for a couple days. Hope that's not setting it back.

UPDATE: Sent another annoying email to someone at the UTSOPH regional campus in Austin, and they said that my application will be reviewed this week and that I should potentially hear back next week. Nervous.

UPDATE: Sent another annoying email to someone at the UTSOPH regional campus in Austin, and they said that my application will be reviewed this week and that I should potentially hear back next week. Nervous.

Any chance you could send me that email address? Just in case who you contacted is different than who I talked to last week who told me nothing..

Edited by wiggy1325

Applied to USC in mid November for the Residential MHA program. "Interviewed" in early February. Just received a full tuition Dean's Merit scholarship (arrived last week but my mail hasn't been delivered in a while due to weather). Really, really pumped.

For future applicants, check my profile and stuff if you'd like to compare.

I've been lurking here for awhile and I thought I'd share my results.

So far I've been accepted to:

Johns Hopkins (MSPH), Duke (MSc), Georgetown (MSc), Brown (MPH), Boston University (MPH), Columbia (MPH), George Washington (MPH), UPenn (MPH), Yale (MPH), Emory (MPH), and Thomas Jefferson (MPH)

Waiting on:

Harvard (MSc) and UNC (MPH)

Rejected:

None

Damn! Congratulations!

@Anyone who has been admitted to UMN: When you received your admissions decision, did it include finaid/scholarship/GA position awards? Or have you received any since?

I did not, which surprised me because according to the website people who applied by 12/1 were automatically considered for several of the scholarships available. I don't qualify for the ones with a separate application, but the site I read is this one: http://sph.umn.edu/students/prospective/scholarships/

I did not, which surprised me because according to the website people who applied by 12/1 were automatically considered for several of the scholarships available. I don't qualify for the ones with a separate application, but the site I read is this one: http://sph.umn.edu/students/prospective/scholarships/

Yeah, dude, same here. I actually think I've been receiving faulty info re: their finaid. I scoured SDN Forums and Gradcafe forums and couldn't find anyone that reported receiving a scholly/GA with their admissions decision BEFORE the second batch of decisions in early March (March 5th this year).

I'm obviously just speculating, but i think they send out their first wave of finaid w/ their second wave of decisions. If not, then :(

Yeah, dude, same here. I actually think I've been receiving faulty info re: their finaid. I scoured SDN Forums and Gradcafe forums and couldn't find anyone that reported receiving a scholly/GA with their admissions decision BEFORE the second batch of decisions in early March (March 5th this year).

I'm obviously just speculating, but i think they send out their first wave of finaid w/ their second wave of decisions. If not, then :(

I hope you're right, because I love what I've read about their program but it would be more than twice the cost of UIC for me! That SOP was easiest for me to write because I found so many research programs of theirs I'd love to be involved in, but if they can't offer anything I'll have to just try later when applying for PhDs.

OSU was fairly clear about not offering funding right away, in contrast. I applied by their priority deadline to be considered for fellowships etc., and my decision letter admitted me but encouraged me to continue seeking ways to fund my education. I think that's pretty clear (and unfortunately not surprising for a masters). :(

Best of luck!