When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

btw for those waiting on harvard, they only release notifications on thurs/fri

Really? How do you know? Now that makes me super nervous for tomorrow!

Hm, well it seems like the business day is over and all the acceptances for the week is out. I'm just going to have to prepare myself for tomorrow's email. :o

Heard back my email today that I was accepted to BU off the waitlist. Guess they're getting to it before the April deadline!

They made people decide whether to accept funding by March 4th. Congrats on the acceptance!

Got a nice call from Harvard today. Got a scholarship! Good luck to everyone else. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get into Harvard. Future applicants, adcoms must really look at applications holistically. And, applicable work experience will take you far. I'm wishing the best for everyone else!

Got a nice call from Harvard today. Got a scholarship! Good luck to everyone else. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd get into Harvard. Future applicants, adcoms must really look at applications holistically. And, applicable work experience will take you far. I'm wishing the best for everyone else!

Congrats on your scholarship! Did you get a call from the HPM department or the Office of Financial Services?

Congrats on your scholarship! Did you get a call from the HPM department or the Office of Financial Services?

It was a call from the HPM department. The person I spoke with was super nice and answered all my questions. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I applied to OSU but we won't hear anything till May if you haven't heard anything yet...

If you get a reply from OSU please post here.

I am an international student with no experience other than a pharmacist for 3 months - I have a B.S in pharmacutical science.

GPA 3 and GRE V 150 Q 152 W 2.5, I also have full scholarship from my government. I wonder if they will accept me with my grades and lack of experince. -_-"

Edited by kitoos

Hm, well it seems like the business day is over and all the acceptances for the week is out. I'm just going to have to prepare myself for tomorrow's email. :o

Hope you ended up getting in where you wanted to!

I finally heard back from my last one! (Also my first choice)

UIC (MS Epi): SOPHAS acknowledged 1/18, supplemental app acknowledged 2/4 (I had to email them because the system still said incomplete; it was actually done right away). I emailed for an update at the end of February, when I was told I might hear back, and was quoted another 2-3 weeks. Apparently some faculty were out of the country.

I was accepted last night by email from the student coordinator in my division. An application for divisional financial aid and a curriculum outline were included.

To anyone still waiting, or waiting in future years, I really recommend contacting your program. I worried about being a pest because I felt like I contacted UIC so much (I actually met someone in admissions a year before applying), but they were always responsive and informative whenever I reached out.

I finally heard back from my last one! (Also my first choice)

UIC (MS Epi): SOPHAS acknowledged 1/18, supplemental app acknowledged 2/4 (I had to email them because the system still said incomplete; it was actually done right away). I emailed for an update at the end of February, when I was told I might hear back, and was quoted another 2-3 weeks. Apparently some faculty were out of the country.

I was accepted last night by email from the student coordinator in my division. An application for divisional financial aid and a curriculum outline were included.

To anyone still waiting, or waiting in future years, I really recommend contacting your program. I worried about being a pest because I felt like I contacted UIC so much (I actually met someone in admissions a year before applying), but they were always responsive and informative whenever I reached out.

Congrats! I actually  live in Chicago now and work very close to UIC, but am excited to be moving to the west coast. After working in healthcare for 5ish years in Chicago, I've noticed our city is not the most progressive in terms of public health initiatives compared to other cities like Seattle/SF/Boston/NYC. I've worked with the Chicago dept of public health and it is a tiny understaffed office...not much going on (compared to SF dept of public health which is huge and does a ton of cool health programs/partnerships). Anyways, just wondering if you have any thoughts on this? Seems like if you want to work in healthcare in Chicago you are pretty much restricted to hospitals or private companies. 

Congrats! I actually  live in Chicago now and work very close to UIC, but am excited to be moving to the west coast. After working in healthcare for 5ish years in Chicago, I've noticed our city is not the most progressive in terms of public health initiatives compared to other cities like Seattle/SF/Boston/NYC. I've worked with the Chicago dept of public health and it is a tiny understaffed office...not much going on (compared to SF dept of public health which is huge and does a ton of cool health programs/partnerships). Anyways, just wondering if you have any thoughts on this? Seems like if you want to work in healthcare in Chicago you are pretty much restricted to hospitals or private companies. 

Thanks! I've actually worked in a non-profit hospital here in Chicago for four years (I assume it was what got me in), so I've noticed it but it doesn't affect me directly. I'm interested in researching health disparities, particularly in health literacy and outcomes, so hospitals are really the best setting for that as well as the setting where I'm comfortable working. I would be interested in a TT professor position if it worked out that way, but I think the most realistic and attractive career to me is really working in a hospital research center.

I don't hear much from the Chicago department of public health, but UIC itself seems pretty active-- Ceasefire is their program. I'm attending Malcolm X for some prerequisites right now, and I got an email from them about summer research opportunities at UIC the other week which I excitedly opened... And it was for their Diversity in Public Health Program that I mentioned admiring in my SOP! It made me pretty happy to see that their program was a real thing I'd encountered in my daily life, and not just a defunct workgroup that hadn't been taken off the website-- something I've definitely experienced other places.

If I had to pick a community resource that I think is really dynamic here, it would have to be the library. I'm not sure why that is, although it could be that they have branches in every neighborhood in a city that is still very segregated.

Thanks! I've actually worked in a non-profit hospital here in Chicago for four years (I assume it was what got me in), so I've noticed it but it doesn't affect me directly. I'm interested in researching health disparities, particularly in health literacy and outcomes, so hospitals are really the best setting for that as well as the setting where I'm comfortable working. I would be interested in a TT professor position if it worked out that way, but I think the most realistic and attractive career to me is really working in a hospital research center.

I don't hear much from the Chicago department of public health, but UIC itself seems pretty active-- Ceasefire is their program. I'm attending Malcolm X for some prerequisites right now, and I got an email from them about summer research opportunities at UIC the other week which I excitedly opened... And it was for their Diversity in Public Health Program that I mentioned admiring in my SOP! It made me pretty happy to see that their program was a real thing I'd encountered in my daily life, and not just a defunct workgroup that hadn't been taken off the website-- something I've definitely experienced other places.

If I had to pick a community resource that I think is really dynamic here, it would have to be the library. I'm not sure why that is, although it could be that they have branches in every neighborhood in a city that is still very segregated.

Ah that make sense! I don't know much about the public health research field in Chicago. but glad to see that it's pretty robust. I'm more interested in expanding preventive care and implementing innovative delivery models, and while I love my city, it just seems way behind on these types of initiatives, which is why I have made the decision to move. Hopefully one day our city will prioritize public health and pick up the ball!

Still waiting on Alberta, Toronto and Waterloo (all applied to basically the last week before deadline.. heehee)

Admitted to Berkeley's online MPH on Wednesday (also applied last week of app period) -- Has anyone here been accepted there/is going?? I'd like to bounce thoughts

Thanks!

Edited by plumbunnie

Still waiting on Alberta, Toronto and Waterloo (all applied to basically the last week before deadline.. heehee)

Admitted to Berkeley's online MPH on Wednesday (also applied last week of app period) -- Has anyone here been accepted there/is going?? I'd like to bounce thoughts

Thanks!

I'll be starting Berkeley's MPH program this fall (full-time, not online). It is definitely the way to go if you want to live in the bay area :)

Did UPenn fall off the face of the planet or am I the only one who hasn't heard back from them?

Sounds time to contact them. Most admissions deposits are due two weeks from now, and you don't even have an admissions decision? Weird.

Did UPenn fall off the face of the planet or am I the only one who hasn't heard back from them?

Sounds time to contact them. Most admissions deposits are due two weeks from now, and you don't even have an admissions decision? Weird.

I'm currently in the same situation with UT-Houston. I have an admission deposit due on the 15th for one school (probably going to end up going there), but I would like to see what all of my options are before I commit completely. Either way I'll be mailing off the deposit next week. Hopefully I'm not making a mistake...

Edited by busybev

I'll be starting Berkeley's MPH program this fall (full-time, not online). It is definitely the way to go if you want to live in the bay area :)

That's wonderful! I am pretty jealous. For relocation reasons I couldn't make the journey westward but if I end up in the online program, look out for me during the on-campus period! Haha ~ but question-wise, would you mind sharing your stats? (not sure if this is the thread in which to ask.. lol)