When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

On another note, for those who applied to Emory, on OPUS there's an option to pay your admission deposit even though decisions haven't been made yet. I thought that was kinda interesting.

Unless it's an error on their end in that they updated the website before they officially send out your acceptance???? Crossing my fingers for you!

I see it on the bottom of my OPUS page. I applied to epi.

I just got my admission package for BU. I got $12000 merit scholarship. I thought this was generous until I looked up how much BU costs. Damn.

accepted to Yale's Social and Behavioral Sciences Masters program today. I applied late December. :)

Congrats!! I wish Yale's EMD would start sending out decision already!! 

I see it on the bottom of my OPUS page. I applied to epi.

I just got my admission package for BU. I got $12000 merit scholarship. I thought this was generous until I looked up how much BU costs. Damn.

And living in Boston isn't necessarily cheap lol. 

fyi: Someone from Emory emailed me last Friday to tell me that I did not take a stats class which is a requirement for the MSPH degree, but that I would be considered for MPH. Well, I did take stats (named Quantitative Methods), so I called them and spoke with a super nice secretary who apologized for the mistake and told me that they will be reviewing the MSPH applications very soon (I am guessing this past week since that was on the 10th )...so...we should be hearing soon I think. I am not sure about straight MPH and if that is reviewed at a separate time.  Good info to have for some :)

Anybody on here applying to Industrial Hygiene programs? I've already gotten positive responses from UT Health Science Center and South Florida. Still waiting to hear from Tulane, Michigan, and Johns Hopkins (a guy can dream, right?).

I was accepted to the Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases MPH at Yale last Thursday! Haven't heard from my other 6 schools yet, though! Getting super antsy :S I was hoping to hear from another school before the long weekend, but oh well!

Being from Atlanta, I am really itching to hear from Emory. I went to one of their info sessions in the Fall and volunteered to do a survey on the new RSPH website. As a thank you they mailed me a box of goodies (like a water bottle and t-shirt) which I thought was pretty cool. Everyone came across as really nice.

Anyway, good luck everyone and congrats to those accepted! Hopefully the wait will be over soon :D

I was accepted to the Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases MPH at Yale last Thursday! Haven't heard from my other 6 schools yet, though! Getting super antsy :S I was hoping to hear from another school before the long weekend, but oh well!

Congrats! When did you apply?

Hi All:

January is killing me; I just want to hear back from one school and it will squash the frequent panic attacks I've been having. :)

I applied for the following programs with a great GPA from my MPH program (4.0), decent GREs (mid 150s range), tons of PH experience, and a great PS. 

Harvard, DS, Global Health and Population- received fin aid application and invitation to apply to summer admissions. Has anyone else received this? Does this bode well?

NYU, PHD, Sociobehavioral Health

Tulane, PHD, Global Community Health and Behavioral Sciences

UT, PHD, Behavioral Sciences, Austin- someone agreed to be my chair at UT, if accepted, but I"m not sure how far this will get me

Pitt, PHD, Behavioral and Community Health Sciences

SLU, PHD, Behavioral Science and Health Education. 

Harvard and Pitt are my first choices, but at this point, I just hope I get in somewhere!

Hi All:

January is killing me; I just want to hear back from one school and it will squash the frequent panic attacks I've been having. :)

I applied for the following programs with a great GPA from my MPH program (4.0), decent GREs (mid 150s range), tons of PH experience, and a great PS. 

Harvard, DS, Global Health and Population- received fin aid application and invitation to apply to summer admissions. Has anyone else received this? Does this bode well?

UT, PHD, Behavioral Sciences, Austin- someone agreed to be my chair at UT, if accepted, but I"m not sure how far this will get me

Harvard and Pitt are my first choices, but at this point, I just hope I get in somewhere!

I applied to Harvard too (Epi SD) and yes aslo received the financial aid application and the summer admissions thing. i think they send it to every applicant. I called HSPH admissions office last week. Apparently HSPH start sending decisions around mid-feb .

I also applied to Pitt and Tulane

Got my official admissions package from BU. With the merit awad of $12K (non-repeating, of course), that brings the total tuition down from $84,800 to $72,800 - plus living costs in one of the country's most expensive cities.

Yup. Those are my exact sentiments. 

Anyone here apply to Yale Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases PhD program? If so, have you heard anything? Supposedly we should be notified this week if we are invited for an interview but it appears there is nothing on this site regarding any activity. Of course not everyone is on here and posting but I'm anxious and wondering.

Anyone here apply to Yale Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases PhD program? If so, have you heard anything? Supposedly we should be notified this week if we are invited for an interview but it appears there is nothing on this site regarding any activity. Of course not everyone is on here and posting but I'm anxious and wondering.

No, I didn't, but from other posts/results search, people from the master's program in Epi Microbial Diseases have started hearing back. I would assume this means PhD interviews are close to being announced. You might try the biology forums - a lot of PhDs post there, and microbial disease is something of a crossover.

Got my official admissions package from BU. With the merit awad of $12K (non-repeating, of course), that brings the total tuition down from $84,800 to $72,800 - plus living costs in one of the country's most expensive cities.

Wow. That's... I don't even know what to say.

Hi All:

I'm very curious about your academic endeavors. What made you decide to pursue an MPH? And then now a PhD? :)