When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

I got one from Emory. I didn't apply to the other two, so I'm useless in regards with those. 

Hmm do you know how long it took? My apps were sent on the 9th or 10th and I haven't heard confirmation from like ... 4 of the schools and I'm just a nervous nelly 

/sorry so many questions/

I applied to Emory and GW, and received confirmation from both. GW sent me the confirmation email the day my application was mailed out (10/30) and Emory.... well, it took them about a month and a half. 

I applied to GWU and submitted my app late Nov. and still haven't gotten a confirmation email :/ 

Same... hrrrm 

Also, final question - so the application date for one of the schools I applied to was 12/15... I submitted my SOPHAS application on 12/09 but it hasn't been mailed out... does that mean it'll get discredited/ignored? or is it just the submission deadline and thus I made it in time

Also, since I'm on I'll ask my sisters question for her... Did anyone receive confirmation from Vandy or Penn?

Edited by KennedyAM

Also, final question - so the application date for one of the schools I applied to was 12/15... I submitted my SOPHAS application on 12/09 but it hasn't been mailed out... does that mean it'll get discredited/ignored? or is it just the submission deadline and thus I made it in time

It depends on the program, but schools typically look at the submitted date, not the mailing date. They factor in that SOPHAS has to process your application.

Same... hrrrm 

Also, since I'm on I'll ask my sisters question for her... Did anyone receive confirmation from Vandy or Penn?

I called SOPHAS about the same thing! They said as long as you submit by the deadline you are fine. It takes SOPHAS a little longer to mail them out because they have set dates on when they mail out applications. I submitted 11/29, but SOPHAS didn't mail them out until 12/12 (and one of my deadlines were 12/1). You're fine :)

Hmm do you know how long it took? My apps were sent on the 9th or 10th and I haven't heard confirmation from like ... 4 of the schools and I'm just a nervous nelly 

/sorry so many questions/

Emory took a really freaking long time for me. I think they're barely starting their reviewing period this month, so they're just starting to send confirmations. I applied back in October and didn't hear a word from them until end of November/early this month. And a lot of schools don't send out confirmation emails, or they send them out after their deadline has passed.

Hang in there! We're all on this anxiety train together.

I called SOPHAS about the same thing! They said as long as you submit by the deadline you are fine. It takes SOPHAS a little longer to mail them out because they have set dates on when they mail out applications. I submitted 11/29, but SOPHAS didn't mail them out until 12/12 (and one of my deadlines were 12/1). You're fine :)

Awesome! thank you :) I'm getting anxious for it to send, but as long as it's already submitted we're guud. Woo anxiety train ahha 

Nope. I think Penn isn't beginning their first rounds of reviews until Dec. 20th. I would hang tight with these two schools since they have later deadlines. They're not likely to start reviewing this early.

Nope. I think Penn isn't beginning their first rounds of reviews until Dec. 20th. I would hang tight with these two schools since they have later deadlines. They're not likely to start reviewing this early.

ah thanks for all your help :) she figured, which is fine because she's away until mid february in Santorini anyway just wanted me to confirm for her! 

Almost had a heart attack when I read: "The Admissions & Financial Aid Office at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health would like to.....................................

.......to wish you and your family a Happy and Safe Holiday Season."

:blink: I can't  :blink:

SAME HERE hahaha

Almost had a heart attack when I read: "The Admissions & Financial Aid Office at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health would like to.....................................

.......to wish you and your family a Happy and Safe Holiday Season."

:blink: I can't  :blink:

I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT ALONE ON THIS.

Same... hrrrm 

Hi KennedyAM!

I just received an email from Vandy to inform that they have received my application. Just a receipt, not even a confirmation. They also mentioned that the decision would be made no later than Feb.1.