When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

This is what I got from Yale:

Once we have begun the initial evaluation of your application, you will be notified whether it is complete or incomplete - we have not begun that process as of today. The first decisions will most likely go out end of Dec. – early Jan. - Admissions Office

My first app is due Jan. 2nd and my last one Jan. 21st.  I'll be finishing my applications after exams, so polishing my letters of intent and CV during the second and third weeks of December.  One LOR has already been submitted to each of the programs by one referee and I'm still waiting on the others.

The earliest I will hear back is in mid-February.  It could be March or April, however, until I've heard back from all the programs.

Hi fellow applicants,

I am so happy to have found this thread. :) I am really doubting my internet searching skills lately :blink: 

Congratulations to all those who got accepted. !! 

here is my status:

I was done with applying for MPH in Epidemiology programs by the end of Oct '13. Have applied to 13 Univeristies. - 

Harvards( :ph34r:) UNC, Boston, UMich, UIllinois, Emory, UTHSC,UAlabama, USF, Texas A&M,  USC, Drexel, Ukentucky. In order of my preference. 

I was expecting the decisions to be emailed in late jan/early feb.

Till now UK and Drexel have emailed acceptance letter. But, rejection from UMich :/ 

*UK has asked to pay $150 to reserve the the place and to be considered for scholarship/FA 

*Drexel has acceptance with Deans merit scholarship of $17K/yr for both years. $500 to confirm the acceptance.  They have mentioned assistantship application deadline is 1st jan '14.

Should I wait for decision from other colleges? What are my chances in better universities than these? I am quite confused.. :/

And, should I mail the admission director/committee expressing my interest in the program? will it help ? I am thinking this way as Umich rejected my application straightaway with little communication.  :wacko: 

Edited by vibs

hi y'all i have been lurking for a long minute ... i am applying to these epi PHD programs : berkeley , boston u , Tulane , Harvard (SD) , UCLA , Pittsburgh.  Hopkins (international health , GDEC) , University of Washington (global health-implementation sciences) . : gpa:3.6  gre: 157 v , 158 Q.  submitted all my applications at the end of last month. All the schools i have applied to  have confirmd they have received my applications.  heard it takes longer for phd applicants to get their decisions. any other phd applicant willing to share their experience?

Till now UK and Drexel have emailed acceptance letter. But, rejection from UMich :/ 

I WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM MICHIGAN....urgh...I also applied by the end of October and not a peep out of them except a "We didn't get your application fee" e-mail (they did - now cleared up). Suppose that might have slowed down my application. Sorry about the rejection though :(

I've been noticing most of us applied to a large number of schools - I applied to nine, now I'm seeing ten, eleven, thirteen from others. Just curious: what are people's thoughts as to why they applied to so many? Now that I've been accepted to two places that were in my top choices, I already regret at least four other applications, since not one of them stand a chance of me attending as long as I got in anywhere else. Are people worried about not being accepted anywhere? Are you just very excited by all of the programs you're applying to? Or is it worth having a large number of options so you have a large number of options when it comes down to what you want to pay in tuition? 

hi y'all i have been lurking for a long minute ... i am applying to these epi PHD programs : berkeley , boston u , Tulane , Harvard (SD) , UCLA , Pittsburgh.  Hopkins (international health , GDEC) , University of Washington (global health-implementation sciences) . : gpa:3.6  gre: 157 v , 158 Q.  submitted all my applications at the end of last month. All the schools i have applied to  have confirmd they have received my applications.  heard it takes longer for phd applicants to get their decisions. any other phd applicant willing to share their experience?

I'm guessing you'll have to interview at most of these places? - and interview offers for PhD students usually don't go out any earlier than January.

I've been noticing most of us applied to a large number of schools - I applied to nine, now I'm seeing ten, eleven, thirteen from others. Just curious: what are people's thoughts as to why they applied to so many?

I applied to 8 schools, 9 programs total. I wanted to play it safe. While I have research and work experience and decent GREs, I had a low GPA. It also doesn't help that forums such as this one and the Student Doctor Network can make you feel overly paranoid about your own academic status. 

Long story short, I freaked out and over applied. I do regret applying to 2 or 3 schools at this point though.

I applied to JHU's MPH program. My application was complete 9/22 and I was accepted 10/10.  Has anybody else heard back from JHU? I can't find a peep about other acceptances online.  

yayy!  I'm there now (MHS program).  You should come here, it's wonderful!!  congrats

I was accepted to the University of Michigan School of Public Health Hospital and Molecular Epidemiology MPH program on 11/21.

I also applied to the JHU MHS program and I received a card in the mail stating that my application was under review on 11/18 even though I had been complete as of 10/10. They also said that I wouldn't hear back until the spring.

I WANT TO HEAR BACK FROM MICHIGAN....urgh...I also applied by the end of October and not a peep out of them except a "We didn't get your application fee" e-mail (they did - now cleared up). Suppose that might have slowed down my application. Sorry about the rejection though :(

I've been noticing most of us applied to a large number of schools - I applied to nine, now I'm seeing ten, eleven, thirteen from others. Just curious: what are people's thoughts as to why they applied to so many? Now that I've been accepted to two places that were in my top choices, I already regret at least four other applications, since not one of them stand a chance of me attending as long as I got in anywhere else. Are people worried about not being accepted anywhere? Are you just very excited by all of the programs you're applying to? Or is it worth having a large number of options so you have a large number of options when it comes down to what you want to pay in tuition? 

Thank you Katethekitcat!! If I hadn't read your post I would have totally forgot to pay Michigan's "second" application fee!!! Ahh and I had submitted my application 11/29 and it completely slipped my mind! Thank you thank you!!!

Also, to everyone else--Good job getting those apps in early & congrats to everyone who has heard back already!! I just submitted my apps for MPH programs last week to: UW, columbia, Johns Hopkins, GWU, Tulane, and Michigan! 

Damn. I know we all applied to different schools, but I'm so jealous that a lot of you have heard back from places! I guess, while we're waiting, anyone started looking into financial aid and FAFSA stuff yet?

Hey everyone, please remember to post your decisions using the "Submit Results" tab, with stats if possible...it's really helpful information to other people who are applying.

How do I get to the submit results tab? I am new to this forum.

Go to the top of the page - right under the huge "thegradcage.com" logo, on the left, are several navigation tabs; the one furtherest right is a "submit results" that lets you enter whether you were accepted/rejected, your program, the date you heard back, your application stats, etc (all anonymous) and then posts them for other users to see. You can search results from past years and get a sense of what GRE scores, GPAs, etc, got people admitted or rejected, and when they can expect to hear back. Obviously it's not perfect - it can't express things like personal statements and resumes - but it's fun to obsess over.

I was accepted to the University of Michigan School of Public Health Hospital and Molecular Epidemiology MPH program on 11/21.

I also applied to the JHU MHS program and I received a card in the mail stating that my application was under review on 11/18 even though I had been complete as of 10/10. They also said that I wouldn't hear back until the spring.

Did you get an email about Mich or did you check your status page on the portal?