When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

I just received an acceptance email from Mt. Sinai! It's nothing impressive compared to the other schools listed in this thread but the feeling that I have something is soooooooo relieving. Especially since I'm applying as a massive underdog with a horrific GPA.... Weeee.

Just thought I'd share. I hope everyone is doing well thus far :)

It's the ones that don't do rolling admissions that are killing me. I mean, what do you mean I have to wait until the deadline to be reviewed?!? We have the security of one school, but there's still a whole lot of waiting to do, haha.

I just got an e-mail from University of Pittsburgh confirming my application was complete. They also said most departments won't begin reviewing applications until after the January deadline, but if you look at the results search on this website, it looks like some public health studetns have already been accepted at Pitt. So...could be two more weeks or four more months.

I just got an e-mail from University of Pittsburgh confirming my application was complete. They also said most departments won't begin reviewing applications until after the January deadline, but if you look at the results search on this website, it looks like some public health studetns have already been accepted at Pitt. So...could be two more weeks or four more months.

I was the one that posted in the result search about a Pitt acceptance :)  I also got the email saying I wouldn't hear until after Jan... but was accepted four days later.  I am guessing it has a lot to do about with which department you applied to.

I have also heard from BU, GWU and Tulane that my applications are complete and under review.

Edited by etg98

They seem a bit slower. I heard back from them 4 weeks ago saying they'd received my application and still haven't heard more than that even though their website says 2-4 weeks for an admission decision. I suppose we're heading into peak application season.

For anyone else who applied to the University of Iowa - I went to visit this past weekend and the college of public health is BEAUTIFUL - right on the river, and the building itself is less than two years old, very modern. Also had tons of graduate research assistantships available - every student I talked to had one and said they are always available for those to do research.

i emailed at the beginning of the month and they said "We will begin loading applications the second week of this month.  At that time you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to log in to our database and check the status of your application." but then I never heard from them. Getting nervous

Anyone heard anything from Emory MPH?

i emailed at the beginning of the month and they said "We will begin loading applications the second week of this month.  At that time you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to log in to our database and check the status of your application." but then I never heard from them. Getting nervous

Oh...that doesn't make me feel very good. I just shot them an email. I'll update you all when I get a response.

I just got  an email reply from Emory. It looks like they pushed it back to the end of the month.

Thank you for your interest in Rollins School of Public Health. We have not processed any applications yet. We will begin to process them by the end of this month. We will let you know when we process your application. Thank you for checking with us. 

Hope this information was helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Just got a confirmation from Harvard that they have processed my application and it's now under review! Decisions at the end of February/beginning of March. 

Edited by bjohns14