When did you apply and when are you hearing back?

katethekitcat

I think it's different depending on the school.  So far I've only heard back from Pitt and that was by email, and they sent a letter a few days later.

If you go here http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php and type in your school and program of choice it will give you admissions stats for specific people, and it'll also give you an idea of how people are usually notified for that program.

Hi all,

Like many others, I've been lurking. Below are my stats. I have don't have any admissions or rejections yet, but all places have confirmed receipt of my application. Congrats to those with acceptances! I am thrilled that everyone is so supportive here. It is really nice not to see the rude, mean posts that I see elsewhere! Good luck to everyone.

University: Well known, highly ranked public school

UGPA: 3.5
Major/Minor: Public health
GRE: 
159 V, 156 Q, 5.0 writing

3.5 years of full-time applicable research at a non-profit.

I submitted most of my apps on 11/11 to SOPHAS and they were mailed on 11/20 I think.

I applied to
health services research and health policy and management programs: UNC, University of Minnesota, Emory, Johns Hopkins, Boston University, University of South Carolina, and George Washington. I may add one more school because I (like everyone else) am afraid I won’t get in. 

So far I've only gotten emails. Some schools may send physical letters and acceptance packages with additional info, including financial stuff, but we live in a digital age. I think most schools notify by email nowadays. 

I just got an email from Emory's financial aid office congratulating me on my acceptance and telling me to apply for financial aid. I haven't gotten an acceptance notification yet.

I'm confused.

Disregard my last post. I think my brain just combined two emails. I should sleep...

Did you get the OPUS email...I don't understand it. It says I haven't sent my GRE scores which concerns me

I wanted to throw out a question for those of you who are ultimately interested in getting an MD--why pursue an MPH first? (This is coming from someone who isn't interested in an MD, but who has always been curious) Is it a resume booster for when you do apply to MD programs? 

@faithfullyWaiting  there is a thread discussing this topic on grad cafe .. you should look it up.

Did you get the OPUS email...I don't understand it. It says I haven't sent my GRE scores which concerns me

Nope. I didn't see anything regarding that. Where does it say that on your OPUS page? The damn thing is difficult to navigate...

Nope. I didn't see anything regarding that. Where does it say that on your OPUS page? The damn thing is difficult to navigate...

It is in my "to do list" but now i see it as initiated, so maybe it is fine?

I wanted to throw out a question for those of you who are ultimately interested in getting an MD--why pursue an MPH first? (This is coming from someone who isn't interested in an MD, but who has always been curious) Is it a resume booster for when you do apply to MD programs?

For me I have a decent GPA and MCAT scores and good experiences, but I felt that I wanted to be a physician who conducts health disparities research, specifically, research related to chronic and infectious diseases in minority populations. Overall, I was not ready for the time commitment of medical school after finishing undergrad. I felt that I wanted to learn laboratory research methods that would help me conduct my own population research studies as a physician and I didn't want to take a break between medical school or a year off to pursue an accelerated MPH. I also did not want to apply to MSTP programs either. I think this path made more sense and ultimately it is a win win. My chances of getting into medical will be increased if I do well in the masters program, I can get more experience in biomedical and epidemiological research, and I can apply early knowing that I do not have to retake the MCAT or take the 2015 version of the test. I'm currently working and I am not stressed out with the thought of even applying right now. I'm taking things one step at a time and I think ultimately this will be beneficial. A lot of my friends with high GPA's and MCAT scores still took time off to get their MPH, do other programs and travel. It is really difficult to go straight into medical school nowadays.

For me I have a decent GPA and MCAT scores and good experiences, but I felt that I wanted to be a physician who conducts health disparities research, specifically, research related to chronic and infectious diseases in minority populations. Overall, I was not ready for the time commitment of medical school after finishing undergrad. I felt that I wanted to learn laboratory research methods that would help me conduct my own population research studies as a physician and I didn't want to take a break between medical school or a year off to pursue an accelerated MPH. I also did not want to apply to MSTP programs either. I think this path made more sense and ultimately it is a win win. My chances of getting into medical will be increased if I do well in the masters program, I can get more experience in biomedical and epidemiological research, and I can apply early knowing that I do not have to retake the MCAT or take the 2015 version of the test. I'm currently working and I am not stressed out with the thought of even applying right now. I'm taking things one step at a time and I think ultimately this will be beneficial. A lot of my friends with high GPA's and MCAT scores still took time off to get their MPH, do other programs and travel. It is really difficult to go straight into medical school nowadays.

Yes... what he, or she, said. 

It is in my "to do list" but now i see it as initiated, so maybe it is fine?

Hm, mine is empty. I'm sure you're okay.

Are decisions going to be announced on OPUS? There's no way in hell I'm gonna remember my pre-assigned password to check it as frequently as I like.

Hm, mine is empty. I'm sure you're okay.

Are decisions going to be announced on OPUS? There's no way in hell I'm gonna remember my pre-assigned password to check it as frequently as I like.

I assume so because there is a decision link

Hi Guys! Cong to everyone who has ads and pray for those who don't have one yet.

I recently got ads from Mount Sinai and UTexas. Both for Biostats.

I see someone has already posted ads from these unis. But still excited!! Got somewhere to go this fall!

BTW, to katethekitcat, I also applied to UMN but not positive to make it. Really curious about that cute way to inform!!!

When did you apply to Mt. Sinani/when did you receive your acceptance?

Also, did you get a confirmation email from them... I'm starting to worry because I didn't get a confirmation email 

When did you apply to Mt. Sinani/when did you receive your acceptance?

Also, did you get a confirmation email from them... I'm starting to worry because I didn't get a confirmation email 

I'm not OP but I also got into Icahn School (formerly Mt. Sinai, they apparently changed the school name). I e-submitted 10/22/2013/mailed out 10/30/2013 and got in 11/7/2013, so about a week turnover. They were pretty fast with reviewing my application. I never got an email confirming they received my application. I was notified via email about my acceptance. 

I'm not OP but I also got into Icahn School (formerly Mt. Sinai, they apparently changed the school name). I e-submitted 10/22/2013/mailed out 10/30/2013 and got in 11/7/2013, so about a week turnover. They were pretty fast with reviewing my application. I never got an email confirming they received my application. I was notified via email about my acceptance. 

Ah thank you! mine's been about two weeks I think... eep haha  :wacko:

Ah thank you! mine's been about two weeks I think... eep haha  :wacko:

I wouldn't worry too much. I applied early so I got in early. Considering that Icahn's final deadline isn't until August, I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of their first applications. It's the peak of the application season right now; I'm sure the rates admission offices work at are just slowing down. Try not to stress. You'll be fine!

I wouldn't worry too much. I applied early so I got in early. Considering that Icahn's final deadline isn't until August, I wouldn't be surprised if I was one of their first applications. It's the peak of the application season right now; I'm sure the rates admission offices work at are just slowing down. Try not to stress. You'll be fine!

Hahah thank you so much! Just anxiously awaiting the first reply. I applied 11/17 but was revised 11/27 and mailed so I'm sure that's peak! just an anxious little bugger 

Anyone else heard from U of Michigan? They're my top choice, and it looks like people on this forum have heard back both positively and negatively, but I haven't heard a peep. Application was in over 6 weeks ago at this point. I'm going for Hospital Epidemiology.

Anyone else heard from U of Michigan? They're my top choice, and it looks like people on this forum have heard back both positively and negatively, but I haven't heard a peep. Application was in over 6 weeks ago at this point. I'm going for Hospital Epidemiology.

I haven't heard anything either!! Mine was only sent about 4 weeks ago though, but it's still so nervewracking to see so many people hearing back.

Hi Bjohns,

I feel like I have read that most schools want a final official transcript mailed directly to them if you are accepted. Of course various schools do things differently, but I recall this being what most schools I looked at wanted. I'm sure the admissions office would clarify for you if the school's website isn't clear. Good luck and hope this helps!