Official Canadian University Thread 2014

cwasson

Well I'm officially dying of agony...6 months of waiting. :(

I feel your pain. I submitted my app to UBC Counseling Psych on October 16! Apparently they are waiting to hear back from the FGS. This is getting ridiculous!

I feel your pain. I submitted my app to UBC Counseling Psych on October 16! Apparently they are waiting to hear back from the FGS. This is getting ridiculous!

OMG I knoww I applied to M.Ed. Human Development and Learning (same department) and coordinator said that it might come out this week but I highly doubt that would actually happen -_-

For those of us who were waiting to hear from McMaster, I received my acceptance into the MA in Political Science today.

Me too! Congratulations!!! I am so happy that they finally got responses out! No more waiting, now time to make a decision. I've accepted to Brock, but with no deposit, I could easily change my mind. Gah! I have no clue what to do!

Me too! Congratulations!!! I am so happy that they finally got responses out! No more waiting, now time to make a decision. I've accepted to Brock, but with no deposit, I could easily change my mind. Gah! I have no clue what to do!

Congrats!!!! It will definitely be a tough choice! I'm still trying to decide as well!!

Apparently the Poli Sci and Econ departments work on a similar timeline, I just got my offer yesterday (after being told it's coming in an informal email a few days ago)

Congratulations!!! 

any news from the ed psych and counselling psych department at mcgill?

i called the department today and the coordinator said we will be getting our results next week.

Hello all, I just got an acceptance to Carleton's M.A in Legal Studies, and I'm quite happy. However, there was nothing in Carleton Central about funding. I just wanted to know if this is something that's happened to others, where they've gotten an a delta fe well before any information on funding is given to them. I spoke with my grad supervisor who advised that it may be a while, but I don't know though. Thanks

I have applied to University of Calgary's MSc in Counselling Psychology, and to UofT (OISE)'s program in 'Clinical and Counselling Psychology'. I was offered admission for UofC in February, and am still waiting on UofT...I gather they mail out their offers by snail mail...one would think that with a $210 non-refundable application fee they could expedite these but I gather they don't. I was told, when I enquired back in January, to expect them to mail out letters in "late March"...I checked the admissions website today and it said something like "evaluation in progress".

I would really like to hear from folks who have applied to this another other programs at OISE which may have a similar process in terms of notification. My application deadline was December 1st. I have received one communication from UofT telling me, oddly enough, that I was rated very highly in my SSHRC-CGS-M application by the central adjudication committee..they actually used the word congratulations...without explicitly stating I won an award. Also, does anyone know when the Ontario Graduate Scholarships notify applicants?

Cheers

I can't believe how long this process it taking! Still in agony waiting to hear about my MA application at UBC for Anthropology. At this point I wonder if no news means implied rejection. Is anyone else in this boat?

Good vibes to everyone else still waiting!! 

I can't believe how long this process it taking! Still in agony waiting to hear about my MA application at UBC for Anthropology. At this point I wonder if no news means implied rejection. Is anyone else in this boat?

I'm still waiting on UBC Counselling Psychology. The FGS is taking its time with the adcom's decisions, and nothing has gone out yet for my program. Perhaps the Anthro program is in the same boat?

I'm still waiting on UBC Counselling Psychology. The FGS is taking its time with the adcom's decisions, and nothing has gone out yet for my program. Perhaps the Anthro program is in the same boat?

Could be! Hope news comes soon for both of us...best of luck!

Just spoke to the music department head at York. Admitted to PhD in Muisicology with funding. Will not hear in writing for two more weeks, because of computer-related delays (!). They called just to let me know my status.....

That's a monkey off my back....

Good luck everyone

I was thinking the same thing a week ago. After following up with schools, it sounds like it's just a slow process. If you haven't been rejected, just keep waiting. Hopefully people reject offers and your name is next (unless you're applying to my schools + programs, in which case I hope your right after me :D )

Edited by milkman2500

Is anyone else waiting on second round at Munk, or have they heard anything about second round going out? I'm really finding it difficult to cope with their silence, I emailed and they can't even estimate a time frame, which is unfortunate because I have to accept a school by Monday with non-refundable deposit.

oh man I'm still waiting to hear back from the SFU Communications dept. I phoned earlier this week and they said they had some sort of delay but that we should hear back by the end of the week and, welp. Still nothing! It's driving me crazy! I shouldn't be this hung up on it but I'm really excited about the program and just want to know what I'll be doing in September...

I have applied to University of Calgary's MSc in Counselling Psychology, and to UofT (OISE)'s program in 'Clinical and Counselling Psychology'. I was offered admission for UofC in February, and am still waiting on UofT...I gather they mail out their offers by snail mail...one would think that with a $210 non-refundable application fee they could expedite these but I gather they don't. I was told, when I enquired back in January, to expect them to mail out letters in "late March"...I checked the admissions website today and it said something like "evaluation in progress".

I would really like to hear from folks who have applied to this another other programs at OISE which may have a similar process in terms of notification. My application deadline was December 1st. I have received one communication from UofT telling me, oddly enough, that I was rated very highly in my SSHRC-CGS-M application by the central adjudication committee..they actually used the word congratulations...without explicitly stating I won an award. Also, does anyone know when the Ontario Graduate Scholarships notify applicants?

Cheers

I also applied to OISE, but to the School and Clinical Child Psychology Program. I received an email earlier in March indicating that my SSHRC application was highly ranked by the School of Graduate Studies in their central adjudication process. As in your notification, it did not indicate whether I have won the award or not, despite the word "congratulations". I have not had any other news from OISE.

I wasn't anxious until about 3 weeks ago. I've never checked my email this much in my life. I have a tight deadline on Monday and I'm praying that I get the decision from the school where I live before I accept an offer out of town. 

Good luck to everyone! No news is good news! At least those waiting weren't outright rejected :)

Thanks for that info. Yea it was a funny email. I gather from an old friend who graduated from OISE (both her MA and PhD in Counselling Psychology (now called Clinical and Counselling Psychology) that the institution is struggling to put together guaranteed minimum funding for programs in their first year...not sure if your program offers guaranteed minimum funding but this email might be a not so subtle way of letting us know we have SSHRCs but they just can't announce it yet...and don't want to loose our interest in their program (due to the fact that their offers are given much later than many other programs). Anyhow, I could be reading too much into it, but it is a very good sign in either case. Best of luck finding out on Tuesday if you get your SSHRC and on getting in to OISE!

Has anyone heard back from Queen's University for the graduate program in Neuroscience (CNS)? I've applied for an MSc admission months ago.. My status on their website is still "application complete". What's taking them so long?

Milarepa, SSHRCs are adjudicated at the departmental, university, and national level. The congratulations you received means that you were highly ranked at the second level of assessment. It's out of their hands after that. It's a big accomplishment, but in no way reveals whether or not you'll get one. I'll keep my fingers crossed of you though! :)

Has anyone heard back from Queen's University for the graduate program in Neuroscience (CNS)? I've applied for an MSc admission months ago.. My status on their website is still "application complete". What's taking them so long?

My MA Economics application says the same thing ("Application Complete"). I asked for an update since I have another offer with a deadline...no reply. Thinking I may need to give them a call.