UCLA MSW 2014

Ardnas058

I got rejected, but I already heard back from another university prior to this saying I was accepted. I'm also ok with the decision.

Sorry. :(

Another email? When was it sent? When did you apply?

ok, well, I'll let the cat out of the bag since its more and more likely I'm going there, but SDSU sent me an acceptance letter about 2 weeks ago. I've been waiting to hear back from CSULA, but I already have seen I got state university grants from them, and most likely heading there if I don't hear back from them. 

I applied to UCLA on January 15th. I'm ok about not going there as I went UCSD for undergrad. I'm also a bit more familiar with the San Diego area, and I don't feel there is as much competition for fieldwork as there is for grad students at the universities in LA. 

May I asked when you applied?

I'm waiting to hear back too. I called the admin assistant and she said we would hear back between now and next week which is different from hearing back by the end of this week like many have posted, hmmm...?

I'm a nervous wreck! I really don't want that kiss of death email but I'd like to know. If it means I will get in but I have to wait until next week to hear back that's fine too. Haha but the wait and anticipation is killing me. Oh gosh, I'm being so dramatic. I can't wait to get some decent sleep!

I'm sorry for the people who got rejections but congrats to those who got in. I'm envious! Good luck to those still waiting...

I applied December 3rd. It was really annoying waiting so long, especially because I applied to SFSU December 16, and found out I was accepted on March 4th, with Title 4E interview and acceptance as well. If the State schools can get to it, ucla shouldn't be lagging so long! I have another interview set up with Berkeley for title 4e, so if I get it, definitely going there. No problem being a Cal student! :)

I got an email today from Lance saying that I was being invited for the Welcome party.

It started like " Dear new admitted student...", but I had not received the letter by then.

So, I emailed him back and asked " Are you Serious?". he said ; Yes!

Got home and received the acceptance letter..

I am in!!!

I got an email today from Lance saying that I was being invited for the Welcome party.

It started like " Dear new admitted student...", but I had not received the letter by then.

I am in!!!

Congrats!!! Can I bug u for his email? I haven't received a thing from UCLA since the email that they received my application ahhh

I am in!!!

Congrats!!!!

Congrats!!! Can I bug u for his email? I haven't received a thing from UCLA since the email that they received my application ahhh

They are still sending out letters so there is still hope! :)

Hi everyone! I am a new member but have been following this forum for a while. congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted! =)  Have all of you also received the welcome e-mail that "mswforlife" got? I have yet to hear back and am getting REALLY discouraged. When I called yesterday, Whitney told me they were done making decisions and now it was a matter of sending letters and e-mails. I dread checking my e-mai in fear of getting a rejection... UCLA is the only school I applied to, so the anxiety is killing me! I applied Dec. 15.

@14'msw, when did you submit your application? I wonder what's taking so long, first they said by the end of this week, now they extended it to next week :/  I agree with @swrker14 that if the state schools are getting to it, UCLA shouldn't be taking so long. I specifically asked if the ppl who submitted their applications by the priority deadline would hear back sooner, and at the diversity fair they said yes. This didn't happen to be the case. It would suck to wait so long only to get the kiss of death e-mail :mellow:

Hi everyone! I am a new member but have been following this forum for a while. congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted! =)  Have all of you also received the welcome e-mail that "mswforlife" got? I have yet to hear back and am getting REALLY discouraged. When I called yesterday, Whitney told me they were done making decisions and now it was a matter of sending letters and e-mails. I dread checking my e-mai in fear of getting a rejection... UCLA is the only school I applied to, so the anxiety is killing me! I applied Dec. 15.

Yes, I also received Welcome Day email... I hope you receive good news soon.

I'm right there with you JessMSW. I also applied on Dec. 15 and haven't received anything at all

Thank you everyone, I'm glad I joined. At least I can vent and share my anxiety with those who are/were on the same boat :)
Fingers crossed so that we hear from them soon

Edited by JessMSW

JessMSW: you are right they did say at the diversity fair those who submitted earlier would get a response earlier!

My friend submitted her application January 14th and she was accepted March 12th!

I submitted my application January 10th.

I did not receive a kiss of death email,

Has anyone who has not been accepted heard anything?

I haven't heard anything and I submitted my application on December 16th!

BUT I am thanking my lucky stars that I didn't wake up to the kiss of death email. 

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :)

This waiting is really stressful. I had a nightmare about the kiss of death email. Lets keep positive. Btw, I submitted 12/24

LOL! I did too!!!!! I woke up and checked my email for a weird reason it felt kinda nice to not be waiting! Ugh! I just want an answer.