Application Anxiety Thread

Application Anxiety  

155 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate your anxiety about applications?

• 1 - What anxiety?
    • 2 - Maybe a little nervous, but nothing much.
    • 3 - Yeah, I'm pretty anxious about this.
    • 4 - I'm really anxious!!!
    • 5 - I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummmmmm grrrrrrrrl... I'm pretty positive that you said that McGill is your dream school and that it will most definitely be better on your locks!!

Hahaha! Girl yesssssss!

UofA offered me an insanely generous funding package and I plan to make my decision as soon as I receive McGill's funding package next week, but my awesome locks have already voted for some moist east coast air.

It's so nice to talk with people who understand.. I was so optimistic in the beginning, but it's becoming so much more real now and I am hoping for just ONE too. One would think with 6+ more to go we should get in! I thought Clarion was a safety, but it seems like they only accept their undergrads... 

Has anyone applied to Monmouth University?

I heard that too! I really wanted to apply there, but didn't bother to do so after hearing that. Everyone should get a fair shot!

Has anyone applied to Monmouth University?

I did! Won't be hearing back til earliest the 15th, but could be as late as the 30th :(

I second that one. This anxiety is driving me crazy! This is my second time applying and I feel the pressure even worse this round. I can't even watch the voice anymore, it's too analogous to my life. I just need one chair to turn around!! One !! Praying for not only myself but for all of you! Congrats to those of you that have been accepted! quote name="PsycD" post="1058099466" timestamp="1394119835"]

Just think...in about 3 weeks, this will all be over...and thank God for that! My nerves cant take much more of this.

I think we should all "meet" here on April 1st and have a drink "together."

I did! Won't be hearing back til earliest the 15th, but could be as late as the 30th :(

The 15th is close, but the 30th! I've been waiting since last year lol last year they only received 129 applicants and only 50% made GRE requirement and 89%(I think) made GPA requirement. I'm hoping the pool is still small, that would be great for us!

I'm so jealous of everyone hearing back from schools.  I've yet to hear from any of my schools and everyday I wake up thinking "Today could be the day."  But it never is...  

I SAY THIS EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP. and I, like you, have yet to hear back!

I'm pretty sure I've developed a drinking problem, a nervous twitch, and an ulcer from this process.  

I tried to up vote this but I am banned from up voting for the day.

Just received an e-mail from William Paterson about a graduate school open house in April... not the e-mail I was anticipating  <_<

I'm pretty sure I've developed a drinking problem, a nervous twitch, and an ulcer from this process.

Amen. My eye has been twitching for the past week. No joke.

That awkward moment when you actually did develop an ulcer during this process...

That awkward moment when you actually did develop an ulcer during this process...

I was JUST telling my friend that I think I'm getting an ulcer! The anxiety is extremely visceral. I hope you feel better soon!!

@sammehh how was your interview??

I think it went well! It was super casual and the professors were all really nice. I will hear back by the end of next week :) thanks for asking!

I was JUST telling my friend that I think I'm getting an ulcer! The anxiety is extremely visceral. I hope you feel better soon!!

Haha thank you! It happened at the beginning of my application process but I'm glad I went to the doctor before it got bad. Note to you all... if you feel like you're actually getting sick, go get it checked out!

I'm so jealous of everyone hearing back from schools.  I've yet to hear from any of my schools and everyday I wake up thinking "Today could be the day."  But it never is...  

I SAY THIS EVERYDAY WHEN I WAKE UP. and I, like you, have yet to hear back!

I know how you feel! But one of my professors always used to say that no reply is still good; means you're still in the running! Good luck to you guys, I'm sure you'll hear back soon and hopefully with good news!

Ahhhh Portland State results being posted. :( It's the most unaffordable school my husband applied to (I think it would be something like $23k for the first year, out of state) but we loved living there and I've already got job offers waiting if he gets in. Gonna be a nervous weekend.  :unsure:

Edited by caterpillar