Do you use green tea extract/caffeine pills?

RedPill

Since mod decided my previous thread was spam...

New thread. Do you use green tea extract pills or caffeine pills instead of drinking tea or coffee? I use them, and it's been great. You don't waste precious time in the morning brewing coffee or making some tea. You don't waste money on tea or coffee makers(in my case, space too..small kitchen). You don't need to wait for your morning picker-upper to cool before you drink. It's portable. It's clean. You don't stain your teeth if you're a heavy coffee drinker. 

Not to say I NEVER drink coffee or tea, but the pills have certainly replaced the mug. Some people I know use caffeine pills. Thoughts?

A study showed that drinking 2 cups of expresso a day may actually increase long-term memory.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/nn.3623/metrics/news

Thoughts?

I may be in the minority here, but in the morning I mainly drink coffee for the taste. It's just something to drink that tastes good. :) I only really use coffee to wake up during the late afternoon if I've stayed up late or I have a late night ahead. Plus the social aspect of going out for coffee with folks... that's one of my go-to activities. I'd probably be inclined to decline the pills.

You take pre-workout pills? I'm not for pre-workout, but usually you take it in liquid form. 

I'm not sure, I've never taken the caffeine pills. The green tea extract pills definitely make a change. 

The green tea pills I take have 16 mg of caff in one or two pill..don't remember the serving size. I usually take 3 in the morning along with my fish oils and head out the door. 

Eria, true. Whenever I go out for coffee with people I usually get a non-caff drink or something. I like the social aspect too. I like the taste as well, but it's simply easier to take pills over mugs of tea/coffee.

I may be in the minority here, but in the morning I mainly drink coffee for the taste. It's just something to drink that tastes good. :) I only really use coffee to wake up during the late afternoon if I've stayed up late or I have a late night ahead. Plus the social aspect of going out for coffee with folks... that's one of my go-to activities. I'd probably be inclined to decline the pills.

If anything, you're not alone. I just build the brewing time into my daily schedule. I use low cost equipment ($20 small drip brew system, 10 Euro press I bought in Germany, $20 coffee grinder) and buy beans about a pound at a time. That means, in the end, I'm spending about $5 a week on cafe quality coffee. Sure, the boost can be nice, but if that were all I cared about, I wouldn't go out of my way to grind fresh every morning. 

Social coffee drinking is a big plus for me, too. Sure, I like drinking alcohol with friends too, but I find it's much cheaper to go out for coffee, even if you get an expensive latte or something. Chances are, you aren't going to get more than one or two. When I go to a bar, a beer costs about the same and I'm apt to drink more than one. ;)

So I think for me, the pills would kind of ruin my coffee and tea experience, which is my daily meditation. 

Since mod decided my previous thread was spam...

New thread. Do you use green tea extract pills or caffeine pills instead of drinking tea or coffee? I use them, and it's been great. You don't waste precious time in the morning brewing coffee or making some tea. You don't waste money on tea or coffee makers(in my case, space too..small kitchen). You don't need to wait for your morning picker-upper to cool before you drink. It's portable. It's clean. You don't stain your teeth if you're a heavy coffee drinker. 

Not to say I NEVER drink coffee or tea, but the pills have certainly replaced the mug. Some people I know use caffeine pills. Thoughts?

A study showed that drinking 2 cups of expresso a day may actually increase long-term memory.

http://www.nature.com/neuro/journal/vaop/ncurrent/nn.3623/metrics/news

Thoughts?

I try to only take it during week days so I don't become too depend on it. I think coffee and tea are fine, I just hate to have to use restroom every other 15 min...

• 2 weeks later...