2014 SLP Admissions Thread

I've been super anxious since I haven't heard any word yet, but I just wanted to post this little quote:

“Teach me the art of everyday stillness, in which I can absorb the beauty of everyday things: clouds, trees a snatch of music…”

Marion Stroud

I know that it's easier said than done, but let's try to be still and think about the beautiful things in our lives throughout the day tomorrow and be joyful to replace a little bit of our anxiety :)

I've been super anxious since I haven't heard any word yet, but I just wanted to post this little quote:

“Teach me the art of everyday stillness, in which I can absorb the beauty of everyday things: clouds, trees a snatch of music…”

Marion Stroud

I know that it's easier said than done, but let's try to be still and think about the beautiful things in our lives throughout the day tomorrow and be joyful to replace a little bit of our anxiety :)

That's a beautiful quote! I'll try to follow it as of now....let's see how this goes :)

The University of Virginia has posted decisions on the application portal, but I didn't receive an email...so go check online if you applied to UVA!

Hi MNIJ! I started having heart palpitations when I saw that you posted this. Do you think we will receive an email before they post a decision on the portal?

Waiting to hear from UGA- saw that one person heard Monday via email.

I only applied to UGA...I have a Ph.D. in French Lit and have been teaching high school for 8 years, cannot move for a program due to my husband's position. Really hope I hear in the next few days, must give my school an answer as to whether I am returning. Ack!

It's nice to be able to vent to people who know what you're going through...

Hey there! I did not receive any email about it but the decision was available when I checked yesterday. I did, however, get an email from the Student Information System that UVA uses for class sign ups etc. telling me to create an account but "Note: Receipt of this email is not an offer of admission"

Congratulations on your UVA acceptance! Do you know which school you're leaning to yet or are you holding out for somewhere else?

I only applied to UGA...I have a Ph.D. in French Lit and have been teaching high school for 8 years, cannot move for a program due to my husband's position. Really hope I hear in the next few days, must give my school an answer as to whether I am returning. Ack!

I'm also anxiously awaiting news from UGA.  I'm confused by the person who posted they heard by email from UGA...I thought they were doing snail mail notifications only?  Fingers crossed that we hear something this week!

Good luck! I'm really hoping the best for you!

Side note to everyone: I'm doing a horrible job staying off grad cafe today...

I'm also anxiously awaiting news from UGA.  I'm confused by the person who posted they heard by email from UGA...I thought they were doing snail mail notifications only?  Fingers crossed that we hear something this week!

Yes, I am confused by that as well! Mrs. Leverette said they will be "sending letters" in March. Fingers crossed!

Hi MNIJ! I started having heart palpitations when I saw that you posted this. Do you think we will receive an email before they post a decision on the portal?

The same thing just happened to me! I'm also applying there. There was no decision posted on mine yet and I have not received an email. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

The same thing just happened to me! I'm also applying there. There was no decision posted on mine yet and I have not received an email. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

Ahhhhh, yes...fingers crossed for good news! Good luck to you! :)

Yes, I am confused by that as well! Mrs. Leverette said they will be "sending letters" in March. Fingers crossed!

Well, I just logged in to the GradStatus portal and it said "Departmental Decline".  Big bummer :(  This was my #1 choice.

Well, I just logged in to the GradStatus portal and it said "Departmental Decline".  Big bummer :(  This was my #1 choice.

No! I'm so sorry to hear this. That is a big bummer. Ugh. I hope that something else comes through for you, and maybe it will be a better fit for you. 

Someone just posted an acceptance to my top school (University of New Hampshire). And I thought I was nervous earlier today...

@Sammehh, that was me lol, sorry to make you more nervous! I felt the same way when someone else posted an acceptance like a week ago... I don't get why they're sending them so sporadically, but I hope you hear back (with good news!) soon!

Oh man, reading all your qualifications is really discouraging! ;) But at the same time I am so thrilled to see so many qualified, intelligent individuals going into such a wonderful field! I can't wait to be able to call many of you my professional peers. I only applied to one program, University of Oregon. I am pretty limited to just this location due to my husband business. My GPA and LoR are AWESOME but my GRE really isnt very good. Wish me LUCK!

Oh man, reading all your qualifications is really discouraging! ;) But at the same time I am so thrilled to see so many qualified, intelligent individuals going into such a wonderful field! I can't wait to be able to call many of you my professional peers. I only applied to one program, University of Oregon. I am pretty limited to just this location due to my husband business. My GPA and LoR are AWESOME but my GRE really isnt very good. Wish me LUCK!

I also put all my academic eggs in one basket! No point applying around if you're not going to move anywhere, right? Good luck!!! We are all on tenterhooks...

I just logged into UGA's grad status site and it says "departmental approval." They said they would notify only via snail mail so I'm not quite sure if it's an acceptance, but I'm hoping it is!

I just logged into UGA's grad status site and it says "departmental approval." They said they would notify only via snail mail so I'm not quite sure if it's an acceptance, but I'm hoping it is!

YAY! Congrats! 

I'm guessing UVA is sending out in waves as well - my status is still just "submitted" on the website. This is just through logging into the same way we applied, correct? I won't end up there but I'm still curious if I got in :)

YAY! Congrats! 

Oh, yay!! It sounds like the results are rolling in. Waiting, waiting...would you mind sharing your stats?

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance! I never could find the link to check status, can you send me the link??