2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Argandoc - would you mind saying if you applied to the CoreSLP or MedSLP program? I saw people posting UW results, but I haven't heard anything yet. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest when I saw those results come up! Good luck with the other schools. :)

(Also, congratulations to everyone who's heard good news so far!)

Edited by Papaya91

Thanks so much everyone for the congratulations! And thanks for believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself, that means a lot.

I tried to up vote everyone's congrats, but it told me I've 'reached my limit of positive votes for the day' so I couldn't. But either way, just know that I think you all are super awesome, I'm still going to stay involved on this board because I feel like we're a team (or even, dare I say it, a family) here and I've gotten to know you guys and I'm rooting for every single one of you to succeed!

I'm sooooooo happy for you!!!  What a great accomplishment and a great feeling to get accepted into your dream school.

Celebrate.  Read your acceptance letter 45 times.  Print 3 copies and read those 45 times.  Have a drink (or 4).  Smile until your face hurts.  Call everyone you know and let them scream for joy with you.  This is def one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments you'll always remember.  Enjoy this!!! 

I'm sooooooo happy for you!!!  What a great accomplishment and a great feeling to get accepted into your dream school.

Celebrate.  Read your acceptance letter 45 times.  Print 3 copies and read those 45 times.  Have a drink (or 4).  Smile until your face hurts.  Call everyone you know and let them scream for joy with you.  This is def one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments you'll always remember.  Enjoy this!!! 

Haha - I may have beaten you on the calling everyone I know and screaming for joy and smiling fronts, lol. But printing the acceptance letter...that sounds like a remarkably good idea, actually. It keeps not feeling real! I keep double checking it - to see that yes, it does say accepted, and no, there aren't any caveats, and yes, it is for the right school, and yes, it is for Fall (as you can see I've already quadruple checked it).

I feel happy, but in a weird way because I keep expecting to wake up and have this not be real. (There is precedent for this - I had a dream that I got accepted to a school once and was very disappointed to wake up and find it wasn't real.) I think it's going to slowly sink in...

I feel happy, but in a weird way because I keep expecting to wake up and have this not be real. (There is precedent for this - I had a dream that I got accepted to a school once and was very disappointed to wake up and find it wasn't real.) I think it's going to slowly sink in...

lol I totally understand. It's going to feel unreal for quite some time, which makes it extra awesome. 

It's no dream...YOU DID IT!!!  :)

Autismadvocate - will you post on here whenever you hear from Marshall? I have a feeling you'll definitely hear before me because your stats are amazing!

Of course I will! I have a feeling it will be a while before any of us here from them, though - they didn't explicitly state, but I get the impression that letters will be sent via snail mail.

Congrats autismadvocate!!! I can't say I'm surprised with your amazing stats!!!

To all those who were waitlisted or accepted today.... Congrats!!! I'm at the point where I'm so OVER this process, I just want to know all of the decisions so that I can move on and figure out where I'm going to go! I'm sure you all can relate!

Of course I will! I have a feeling it will be a while before any of us here from them, though - they didn't explicitly state, but I get the impression that letters will be sent via snail mail.

Yeah, unfortunately I feel the same way... Thank you though!

Once again, congratulations!

Congrats autismadvocate. I've been lurking around here since January and you've been so supportive of everyone. That and your clear dedication to a cause speak even louder than your great stats. You deserve it. Enjoy!

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS, I GOT INTO FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I think I can reveal that it was my top choice school and I am definitely accepting (so anyone who applied to any of my other schools, know that you have one less competitor). They have the BEST autism program - which I also have to apply for, so expect me to continue posting with more application worries - and I'm SO excited about this!

I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I find myself checking and rechecking the letter they emailed (yes, it was email). This doesn't feel like real life.

I'll probably post again more when this has sunken in. But in the meanwhile OMG I GOT IN!!!!!!!

Congrats!

Gah! You guys, I just made the mistake of reading up again about one of the programs on the school's website and now I want to get into it even more! (It's my first choice school.) But I'm stuck waiting on the decision! This waiting game is just the worst...

yay!!! So happy for you! Is this your first choice!

yay!!! So happy for you! Is this your first choice!

Yes it is! Just sent in my email acceptance!

...does anyone know what the protocol is for other schools? Do I just email to tell them? Or do I wait until I get letters from them?

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS, I GOT INTO FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I think I can reveal that it was my top choice school and I am definitely accepting (so anyone who applied to any of my other schools, know that you have one less competitor). They have the BEST autism program - which I also have to apply for, so expect me to continue posting with more application worries - and I'm SO excited about this!

I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I find myself checking and rechecking the letter they emailed (yes, it was email). This doesn't feel like real life.

I'll probably post again more when this has sunken in. But in the meanwhile OMG I GOT IN!!!!!!!

congratulations autismadvocate!!!! :)

Yes it is! Just sent in my email acceptance!

...does anyone know what the protocol is for other schools? Do I just email to tell them? Or do I wait until I get letters from them?

You should definitely withdraw your applications rather than waiting. It saves time for the admissions committee, and it also gives another applicant a better chance of getting in. This is especially important because you are a very strong candidate & there's a chance you're being considered for a scholarship offer(s) too. Some schools don't re-distribute scholarship offers to other applicant(s) if it's declined by the applicant that the school originally offered it to. If you already know you are not going to accept other offers, you should let them know ASAP so other applicants can get a spot and possibly even scholarship.

Congratulations again :) I'm really happy for you!

Edited by shuca

Congrats, autismadvocate! You seem like such a sweetheart and an intelligent person. You will be an asset to the profession :)

Today was an eventful day, y'all. I was rejected from UT and got an interview for Our Lady of the Lake. I was already accepted into my top choice (Texas Christian), but I still wanna keep my options open a bit longer. If I get into University of Houston, I will be declining (they don't have a bilingual program). We'll see how my interview goes with OLLU and hopefully Texas State will get back to me soon (not counting on it..I heard they take a while). :)

Congrats to everybody that's getting notices. I've been away for the last few days and it's encouraging to log on and see so much positivity! It's a great feeling to have such a supportive environment during this process.

While I didn't have a top school decided when I started applying, I'm leaning toward one school over the others. It's an unreal feeling since I'm starting to imagine myself in each of the programs. I definitely applied to too many schools because I was afraid I wouldn't get in any and didn't want to take a year off.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts for the day. I figured I would share them here where you all understand. Have a great weekend everybody and hopefully next week will bring some good news!

You should definitely withdraw your applications rather than waiting. It saves time for the admissions committee, and it also gives another applicant a better chance of getting in. This is especially important because you are a very strong candidate & there's a chance you're being considered for a scholarship offer(s) too. Some schools don't re-distribute scholarship offers to other applicant(s) if it's declined by the applicant that the school originally offered it to. If you already know you are not going to accept other offers, you should let them know ASAP so other applicants can get a spot and possibly even scholarship.

Congratulations again :) I'm really happy for you!

You've got a good point with the scholarships. I'll wait until the school acknowledges my acceptance of the offer (is it bad I still feel like this offer might go away?), and then email everyone to withdraw. _fairydust, that does mean I won't be able to give you a heads up on Marshall...but I'm guessing you'll still be happy because of the whole greater chance for scholarships thing. (We all love funding!)

Thanks again everyone! It's so great to be part of such a supportive and awesome community. You guys made my heart happy. And MaxSLP, thanks for your kind words. :D