2014 SLP Admissions Thread

Anyone heard from UNC-CH yet? I was looking at the result posts from last year and it seemed people started hearing about acceptaces around now.

The wait is killing me! It seems like last year people started hearing around this time, but I haven't heard anything yet. I have the "it could be today" feeling every day. Hopefully, all the snow this year hasn't delayed everything and we'll hear soon!

Yeah I am anxious to hear back from UNC-Chapel Hill also. UGH the wait. I feel like it will be this week, but...I don't know. Last year they notified by phone call so now I keep my phone with my constantly and have it on my desk on silent in all classes just in case they call....

I emailed UNC:CH today and they replied saying decisions will be going out the first week in March. I don't know if I can wait another week!

Well, at least I can stop looking at my phone for a week! It'll be nice to hear back from both programs at the same time. Maybe I'll even wait to open emails on the same day, just to keep it balanced!

:huh:

Congrats LaAud and everyone else who's gotten inverview invites and acceptances!

Edited by NCAR823

Getting through classes... waiting to hear where I'm going to end up so I can finalize a spring schedule.

I was hired onto the research team for which I have been volunteering; I now put in 5 days/week up at OHSU ! At least it's making the time pass more quickly

:)

Edited by NCAR823

Getting through classes... waiting to hear where I'm going to end up so I can finalize a spring schedule.

I was hired onto the research team for which I have been volunteering; I now put in 5 days/week up at OHSU ! At least it's making the time pass more quickly

:)

Saw that you have been a Montessori teacher; would love to talk to you about the Montessori method offline sometime! I'm very interested in certain aspects for it (for my future little bebe's one day) but have a lot of reservations, as well! I have worked in a traditional daycare/pre-school setting of learn through play (creative curriculum) so not very structured itself.

Oh yah, Montessori all the way  :)  Feel free to PM me if you wanna chat about it... Or maybe we'll both end up at UNC and can talk about it in person! Good luck!

Edited by NCAR823

Saw that you have been a Montessori teacher; would love to talk to you about the Montessori method offline sometime! I'm very interested in certain aspects for it (for my future little bebe's one day) but have a lot of reservations, as well! I have worked in a traditional daycare/pre-school setting of learn through play (creative curriculum) so not very structured itself.

I thought I'd jump in here to mention that I have some experience with the Montessori method and you can feel free to PM me with questions as well. My daughter has attended Montessori school for 3 years now and I have 2 years of volunteer experience working in a Montessori school. This is my daughter's last year in Montessori as our area only offers the program up to kindergarten.

I wish they had to tell us reasonings why we got rejected just so we know. haha at least then I would understand why!

I so agree!! I know a lot has to do with applicant pool, but at least to see where your strengths and weaknesses are and how to improve for next time.

Edited by NCAR823

Hello all!

Just want to first say you are all wonderful! I’ve been reading a lot of your posts and it’s been nice knowing people are in the same boat as me and you guys are all so supportive. I've also learned a ton from your posts too.

Today I received an email from University of Nebraska - Ohama saying that I have been waitlisted. I'm probably happier than I should be but it's so nice to finally hear back from a school and it is one of the more competitive schools I am applying too.

So if I hope this means some people here got accepted there and best of luck to the rest of you!

I was just offered an interview at SUNY Plattsburgh! While it's not my top choice (as of now), I'm thrilled that I wasn't flat out rejected. Now, hopefully the weather will hold up so I can make the trip!

My cousin went to SUNY Plattsburgh! She didn't want to go there originally but turned out loving it and has been happily working as a SLP for 13 years since!

My cousin went to SUNY Plattsburgh! She didn't want to go there originally but turned out loving it and has been happily working as a SLP for 13 years since!

That's great to hear! I'm looking forward to checking out the town and facilities. I'm hoping I'll like it as much as your cousin!

Hello all!

Just want to first say you are all wonderful! I’ve been reading a lot of your posts and it’s been nice knowing people are in the same boat as me and you guys are all so supportive. I've also learned a ton from your posts too.

Today I received an email from University of Nebraska - Ohama saying that I have been waitlisted. I'm probably happier than I should be but it's so nice to finally hear back from a school and it is one of the more competitive schools I am applying too.

So if I hope this means some people here got accepted there and best of luck to the rest of you!

Glad you like the forum! If you're happy, we're happy. :) And if that's one of the more competitive schools you applied for, that bodes well for the rest of your schools. :) :) :)

Edited by autismadvocate

I just realized something about SLP/CSDers...

Because of my research interests, my grad school apps have spanned 3 different areas, so I've gotten to observe how people interact with each other in all 3.  I have to say that the SLP/CSD bunch are def the nicest!

Awwww....thanks! Yeah, I agree, people here are awesome, I wish I could meet all of you! (Hopefully I'll meet at least some in grad school!) May I ask what the other three areas are?

The 3 areas are CSD, Psychology, and Communication (Interpersonal).