The I applied to Masters programs 2014 thread.

ucdguy88

Woot! Right there with you. Have you heard back from any of your programs about interviews yet? Or, are they even doing interviews?  I have two interviews coming up...so hopefully I'll have some luck with one of them. :)

Edited by LaurenM22

Hey, just checking in to say that I received an informal offer of acceptance to wake forest via phone (formal offer will be received via mail soon). There are plenty of spots left though, because I was apparently at the top of their list. So keep checking your inboxes. 

Edited by Variki

Hey, just checking in to say that I received an informal offer of acceptance to wake forest via phone (formal offer will be received via mail soon). There are plenty of spots left though, because I was apparently at the top of their list. So keep checking your inboxes.

Congratulations, Variki! That's a wonderful news! Was it the POI or someone else who called you? Also, did they share any info about funding? Edited by psych111

I've only heard back from Georgia Southern (accepted) but waiting on Masters Psy Programs at NC State, Appalachian, and Western Carolina. I interviewed last week for ECU (Clinical Sub Abuse) but no word yet. Anybody heard from any of the above schools mentioned? They haven't really been listed on results page yet. This process is brutal! I'm a nervous wreck waiting around. It's my first season of applying to grad schools as I just graduated a semester early in Dec.

I've only heard back from Georgia Southern (accepted) but waiting on Masters Psy Programs at NC State, Appalachian, and Western Carolina. I interviewed last week for ECU (Clinical Sub Abuse) but no word yet. Anybody heard from any of the above schools mentioned? They haven't really been listed on results page yet. This process is brutal! I'm a nervous wreck waiting around. It's my first season of applying to grad schools as I just graduated a semester early in Dec.

I didn't apply to any of those, however I don't plan to hear from anyone til March and even JUNE for one of the programs ahhh! So don't worry :)

Congratulations, Variki! That's a wonderful news! Was it the POI or someone else who called you? Also, did they share any info about funding?

From what I can tell admission to the program is not to specific POI's, though they will attempt to match you with POI's you mention in your statement.

I received funding information via email the day after I was called. I was called by the program's recruitment co-chair who was very friendly and informed me I was one of their two top applicants. If you're interested in my GRE scores, GPA etc.. send me a PM. 

Edited by Variki

I know the experimental Psychology program at App State hasn't started their formal review process yet. They will next week though. 

Edited by Variki

Did anyone apply to any Cal States?

I have!

Thank you so much for creating this topic!!

I have applied to CSU - Long Beach, Fullerton, San Bernardino. I have also applied to SDSU and San Fransisco state university.

Did you hear back from any of the schools? I am waiting desperately to hear back from SDSU. I really want to join the program.

I haven't heard anything yet =(

I'm waiting to hear back from San Marcos and Humboldt.

I know LB and SB are super competitive. I'll let you know!

hey guys i just talked to albany's school psych division for masters.

Turns out they are still reviewing files but the secretary said they will contact you today or tomorrow to set up an interview.

Kinda late in the cycle for my personal timeline but I really like their program so I might just go anyway.  I hope their offer comes quite quickly after the interview since I've already heard back from everywhere else.

Accepted to University of Hartfords MS in Neuroscience. Probably going to go

Congrats on the acceptance! Are you excited about the offer?? I just accepted an offer at my top choice masters program, and I'm stoked.

Me too! Accepted by my top choice. Now waiting to hear back from SJSU and SFSU. Its too hard waiting now that I have offer from my top choice. Do you have any idea about San Francisco and San Jose state university? Are they good?