What's your poison?

mmm, pupusas...i actually have lost weight because i've been too nervous to eat or sleep...at least that was until today when the news from stanford came out. since then pizza (hello little ceasar's crazy bread), double stuf oreos (literal poison), i have donuts waiting for me, and vodka. making up for lost time I guess.

I'm sorry about Stanford! Hopefully good things are coming for you soon.

And yes, omg. Pupusas are the very best. I've learned how to make an approximation of them with Masa Repa meal and beans and cheese. The topping is just cabbage and red onion in vinegar with spices, so that's easy too. Now that I've figured out how to make them, I'm eating them a few times a week. Probably not the healthiest.

Oooh Great Divide!! I love Yeti. :D Have you had their chocolate stout?

Yeah, I've tried everything that the grocery stores around me carry. The Chocolate Yeti is great too. Also a fan of the Hiberation Ale, which probably gave me the extra layer of fat I needed to survive this craptastic winter.

Oooh Great Divide!! I love Yeti. :D Have you had their chocolate stout?

I detect Coloradans. I see your Great Divides and your meads, and I raise you an Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's and a Renegade Redacted Rye IPA (...by raising you one, I don't actually mean that I'm one-upping anyone. I'm just trying for a rhetorical flourish there - I love me some Great Divide and mead as well). Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My best paper ever, I wrote in 3 nights with my dad in town and we drank tequila non-stop.

Holla to the pupusa love! Coming to DC from California, I was initially devastated by the lack of good Mexican food. Then, I discovered pupusas. Omgsogood. Salvadorian food is my new love. (But burritos will always be my first.)

Hello from DC native! Salvadorian food is indeed sublime--at some point, make the trek up to Pollo Rico in Wheaton... it is so, so worth it. Grab a papusa to go from Los Chorros while you're there.

Hello from DC native! Salvadorian food is indeed sublime--at some point, make the trek up to Pollo Rico in Wheaton... it is so, so worth it. Grab a papusa to go from Los Chorros while you're there.

I'm from DC too!! Check out El Charitos in Arlington. It's my favorite pupusa place.

Holla to the pupusa love! Coming to DC from California, I was initially devastated by the lack of good Mexican food. Then, I discovered pupusas. Omgsogood. Salvadorian food is my new love. (But burritos will always be my first.)

I went to California twice last year, and the good Mexican food was probably my top (or very near top) reason for loving it there. On one of the trips, I was in San Diego for about five days and I ate almost literally nothing but Mexican food. It was delightful :D

I'm sorry about Stanford! Hopefully good things are coming for you soon.

And yes, omg. Pupusas are the very best. I've learned how to make an approximation of them with Masa Repa meal and beans and cheese. The topping is just cabbage and red onion in vinegar with spices, so that's easy too. Now that I've figured out how to make them, I'm eating them a few times a week. Probably not the healthiest.

thank you. i have no right to complain b/c i have other options but that was the one i was kind of in love with. but oh well, food makes everything better. :) that is one thing i'm worried about with regards to moving. i'm from california, in california and i need my mexican food. i am mexican, so i know how to make most of the things i like but it's so much easier to just stop at one of the many mom and pop shops whenever i'm craving it. i don't even know if i'll be able to find the things i'd need to make mole, chile verde, or enchiladas, or whatever if i'm in upstate new york. does anyone have info on that? i've been warned by east coaster friends that the "ethnic food" and produce sections at the grocery store will make me cry when i first move but i'm not sure how truthful that is.

• 3 weeks later...

my "poison" has switched from food to procrastination. i know i need to work on my thesis and i know i need to make a decision about a program. so i pull up everything needed to make progress on either of these tasks and then pull up an even bigger internet window and proceed to spend hours reading about the history of california, articles from buzzfeed and zergnet, browsing etsy, looking at maps of random locations among other things. But I excuse it because I'm always "just about to get off the internet and start working".  :wacko: I need help.

my "poison" has switched from food to procrastination. i know i need to work on my thesis and i know i need to make a decision about a program. so i pull up everything needed to make progress on either of these tasks and then pull up an even bigger internet window and proceed to spend hours reading about the history of california, articles from buzzfeed and zergnet, browsing etsy, looking at maps of random locations among other things. But I excuse it because I'm always "just about to get off the internet and start working".  :wacko: I need help.

Yeah, this. My thesis is suffering pretty badly, although I think it's mostly because I'm excited to get started at my program rather than using procrastination as a poison to get through the season at this point.

Buzzfeed was my biggest enemy while writing my MA thesis. :|