What's your poison?

While waiting it out, what are you folks drinking/eating through all the stress and anxiety?

Personally, I've been drinking a lot of smoked stout and eating more than my usual share of pupusas. I'm surprised I haven't gained any weight yet.

I went to the store to buy mascara and came out with two bags each of Dove white chocolate and Starburst jelly beans and a family size bag of Twizzlers...I have a problem lol

As for alcohol, I've been sticking with Blue Moon because it's delicious.

Mostly ice cream, though unfortunately I don't seem to have any in my apartment right now. I plan to buy a few pints in preparation for Monday's bloodbath.

Also: whatever liquor is in the house (at the moment red wine or angry orchard) and lots of fried food or pizza.

Coffee when I'm working. I've been ill, so I've taken it easy on the alcoholic beverages lately, but I'm slowly easing back into my evening wine habit. As far as eating, I am not big on sweets, very big on flavor. Anything with chipotle tabasco will do. Lately I've been into the caramelized veg flavor; I've been roasting cauliflower "popcorn" in the oven. Many nights (like tonight), I just roast an entire head and call it dinner. Kale chips, too. And I finally learned how to make mjedra, one of my favorite dishes at a local Lebanese restaurant that I can't really afford anymore, so we've had that fairly often lately. You basically cook sliced onions until they are so caramelized that they look like melty chocolate, stir them into lentils, add stock, and cook. The caramelized onion flavor pervades the entire dish; it's amazing.

Oh, and we have tons of leftover Nyakers pepperkakor gingerbread cookies from the holidays. I make tea (always PG tips) and have a couple of those when I need comfort food. Basically I believe that the AM/PM system should be abolished and the hours of the day broken up instead into "coffee," "wine," and "tea."

On 2/22/2014 at 11:20 PM, mmorrison said:

Coffee when I'm working. I've been ill, so I've taken it easy on the alcoholic beverages lately, but I'm slowly easing back into my evening wine habit. As far as eating, I am not big on sweets, very big on flavor. Anything with chipotle tabasco will do. Lately I've been into the caramelized veg flavor; I've been roasting cauliflower "popcorn" in the oven. Many nights (like tonight), I just roast an entire head and call it dinner. Kale chips, too. And I finally learned how to make mjedra, one of my favorite dishes at a local Lebanese restaurant that I can't really afford anymore, so we've had that fairly often lately. You basically cook sliced onions until they are so caramelized that they look like melty chocolate, stir them into lentils, add stock, and cook. The caramelized onion flavor pervades the entire dish; it's amazing.

Oh, and we have tons of leftover Nyakers pepperkakor gingerbread cookies from the holidays. I make tea (always PG tips) and have a couple of those when I need comfort food. Basically I believe that the AM/PM system should be abolished and the hours of the day broken up instead into "coffee," "wine," and "tea."

WOW You are making me SO HUNGRY right now. Those kale chips and carmelized veggies sound amazing.

While waiting it out, what are you folks drinking/eating through all the stress and anxiety?

Personally, I've been drinking a lot of smoked stout and eating more than my usual share of pupusas. I'm surprised I haven't gained any weight yet.

mmm, pupusas...i actually have lost weight because i've been too nervous to eat or sleep...at least that was until today when the news from stanford came out. since then pizza (hello little ceasar's crazy bread), double stuf oreos (literal poison), i have donuts waiting for me, and vodka. making up for lost time I guess.