Fall 2015 Applicants

dr. t

Well, I just turned in my paperwork to take comps in a month. Hopefully the panic from that will take my mind off of waiting for applications. (Silver lining?) I haven't noticed but is anyone else applying to Boston University? I've seen Boston College a few times, but not BU. I guess I'll go back to grading discussion boards and procrastinating on my thesis. :P

It's 65 today in NC. Surreal.

Yes, yes rub it in when I literally can't even get out of my driveway :P

Actually I don't much mind because it gives me an excuse to be a hermit. My dog, on the other hand, is not happy about the situation. (That is, there being snow higher than her- she's enjoying her mommy being home for the day!)

Edited by kateosee

Yes, yes rub it in when I literally can't even get out of my driveway :P

Actually I don't much mind because it gives me an excuse to be a hermit. My dog, on the other hand, is not happy about the situation. (That is, there being snow higher than her- she's enjoying her mommy being home for the day!)

I'm from NY, so to be honest something just feels wrong about it. Also we had three inches here last year (grand total) and UNC shut down for a week. I can only imagine what would happen if people couldn't get out of their driveways.

There may be snow, but after last night's game, I'm walking on sunshine.

Me, every time I see there's a letter in my inbox and its not an acceptance:

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/IqKRiMBEwT4BwDYncbLdNg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTUwMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-02-02/f8ce2a20-aa94-11e4-be83-fd12399ac8bb_shermanreaction.gif

Edited by IvanBezdomnii

Looks like a lot of those snowy states have been notifying other disciplines so I don't know if the weather explains why there's radio silence on the history side.

I haven't heard anything from Indiana, I think those notifications will come later this week.

I just got my first email from a professor (who indicated interest in my proposed research topic) letting me know I was recommended for admission by the history department. I didn't email any professors before applying, so haven't talked to him one before -- what's the typical etiquette in responding to these unofficial pre-admit emails? Any advice?