turned down offers thread

Tough, tough decision, but I just turned down a fully funded offer & fellowship at Florida State University (FSU).  Also turned down partially funded offer at University of Hawaii and removed myself from University of Denver waitlist.  Hope this helps someone out.

Turned down my offer from Penn State today. It was a very hard decision. It's a fantastic program and the people with whom I interacted were fantastic. I hope someone out there will benefit from the open space I've made. Best of luck to all those wait-listers! (the only programs I got into where from the wait-list, including PSU). 

I just turned down an unfunded offer at University of Washington, and I will almost certainly be taking myself off the waitlist at University of Minnesota tomorrow!

I turned down funded offers from Bowling Green State University and the University of Cincinnati yesterday. I enjoyed my campus visits to both places-hope this helps the C/R people!

I think I may have gotten in to BGSU because of this, so yes it did help! 

I think I may have gotten in to BGSU because of this, so yes it did help! 

Good! I really enjoyed my visit there and the program is great! I wish I could have let them know earlier so that you would have heard earlier. It was a difficult decision.

I have turned down offers from URI and Loyola Chicago and removed my name from the waitlist at the University of Minnesota. Good luck all! 

Good! I really enjoyed my visit there and the program is great! I wish I could have let them know earlier so that you would have heard earlier. It was a difficult decision.

I've heard such good things, but I'm having a really tough time deciding--ISU's program is so pedagogy-focused with the benefit of having specific phd-level literary theory and literature courses in addition to my rhetoric speciality that BGSU doesn't, BUT the program is so much bigger so I might get lost in the crowd, BUT they're offering more money and health insurance than BGSU is... 

I've heard such good things, but I'm having a really tough time deciding--ISU's program is so pedagogy-focused with the benefit of having specific phd-level literary theory and literature courses in addition to my rhetoric speciality that BGSU doesn't, BUT the program is so much bigger so I might get lost in the crowd, BUT they're offering more money and health insurance than BGSU is... 

If it helps any, I lived in Bloomington/Normal for several years and I would gladly move back. It is a great little town. Perfect size and statistically the most restaurants and bars per ca pita in the United States. Loads of stuff to do, super low crime rate, low cost of living. 

Princeton!! Dang, who did you end up choosing?

LOL!! I went with Cornell. Princeton was a complete out of the blue, totally unexpected thing that happened over the weekend. :) We'll have to have a "meet-in-the-middle" lunch for everyone off the impostor thread next year. :)