A week to go for April. 15

hopehopehope

Yes, I am on the wait list as well, but at San Diego State University. I received an e-mail last week noting that notifications are still being sent out to students on the waitlist as accepted applicants decline their acceptance. The applicants have until the 15th but, after receiving that e-mail, I have my e-mail account open from morning til work. Really hope I get in, but I doubt it. There are, or were, 15 applicants on the wait list. However, I was told there is no numerical order. Applicants wait listed are slotted in to openings for the subfield they applied to. So, I have no idea how I am ranked in relation to other applicants and can only wait it out. Academic purgatory indeed.

Did anyone ever get accepted off an "unofficial waitlist"?

I applied to UConn and never heard from them. There were already admission, rejection, and waitlisters a long time ago. So I finally e-mailed them, and they replied that they are still pending some applications. So I guess I am on some sort of "unofficial" waitlist. Is there any hope?

I only got a self-funded offer, which I cannot afford. So UConn is my last hope. I hope that miracles do happen...

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Thank you for your reply!

I applied to the PhD program in English. I didn't get an interview and wasn't on the waitlist. So I guess I don't have much chance. I can only hope that the accepted applicants and wailisters all turn down their offers this year.

Good luck with the waiting! If you're placed high on the waitlist, I think you have a good chance : )

Thank you for your reply!

I applied to the PhD program in English. I didn't get an interview and wasn't on the waitlist. So I guess I don't have much chance. I can only hope that the accepted applicants and wailisters all turn down their offers this year.

Good luck with the waiting! If you're placed high on the waitlist, I think you have a good chance : )

:( That sucks. Hope you still get accepted.

Thank you, Mr. Scarf in the Wind.

I guess folks like me would have to wait after April 15. And maybe if there are still few spots left, I will have a chance.

I don't want to keep my hopes too high, but I really do hope I can get an admission.

It will be a lovely story that "unofficial waitlisters" still have chance, won't it?

I am still waiting for  UCI. A day to go!

Will people find out tomorrow? I was under the impression that tomorrow is the final day for accepted applicants to indicate their preferred school. Given that, I thought people find out there fate the week of April 15th, not on April 15th.

There is a chance you could be accepted after today if they have not filled all of their spots yet. A friend of mine got accepted after april 15 last year.

Makes sense. I just emailed to staff asking my status. I hope it is not finalized yet!

I'm waiting too. I'm on an unranked waitlist at the University of Northern Colorado, which is definitely my first choice. Waiting is the worst!I just wish I knew a little bit more about the likelihood of being accepted. I emailed to ask how big the waitlist was and how many they have accepted in years past and they emailed back saying they couldn't say. Now that April 15th is actually here I feel like my head is going to explode. 

Congrats! Scarf in the Wind.

I haven't got rejected yet, so I guess there are still few spots in flux.

Wish me luck! :)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

I contacted to UCI and heard that one person has not received/rejected the offer yet. OMG

I have to wait one more day but I almost give up... :(

Thanks to the both of you.

Me either. No news=good or bad news?

It could mean that wait-listed applicants have yet to indicate whether they accept admissions to the school you're wait listed on. It could also mean that they are taking their time in determining which wait-listed applicants to take in. You're not out until they tell you. You still have hope.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use