FALL 2015 APPLICATONS

JD - (0)

As for NYU, if you haven't been interviewed by now that means you haven't made it to the shortlist. The subfields have made their decisions about shortlisted candidates, and the general department meeting is going to happen soon.

As for UMass, last year I only got my interview request on Feb 5 and learnt about being waitlisted on Feb 25. From what I know, UMass people don't necessarily interview all the candidates they might be interested in. 

My UCLA waitlist notification came in pretty late in the game (April 3), but one would suspect that they notify admitted students much earlier.

So I was expecting McGill to send me a rejection email or to change my application status from "submitted" to "rejected" but guess what, the status was changed to "in review" today. Do they do this even though they have already made a decision? Like to show that they do review applications? It seems rather odd to me.  

So I was expecting McGill to send me a rejection email or to change my application status from "submitted" to "rejected" but guess what, the status was changed to "in review" today. Do they do this even though they have already made a decision? Like to show that they do review applications? It seems rather odd to me.  

Same here.

They started reviewing all applications way before. I sent them questions through that question window in the left side besides the checklist in December. And the person in charge told me they started reviewing all materials once you had submitted your application (regardless of the completeness of your checklist). So I am assuming they are just holding the final acknowledgement of rejection to all other applicants. The status, just ignore it (my opinion).

I am counting McGill as lost (even I wish it's not the case...  :mellow:

Edited by carmen7077

Mine says "in review" too.

But the email I got last week said "We have now completed the review of applications for our graduate program." 

Same here.

They started reviewing all applications way before. I sent them questions through that question window in the left side besides the checklist in December. And the person in charge told me they started reviewing all materials once you had submitted your application (regardless of the completeness of your checklist). So I am assuming they are just holding the final acknowledgement of rejection to all other applicants. The status, just ignore it (my opinion).

I am counting McGill as lost (even I wish it's not the case...  :mellow:

This just makes the whole thing more disappointing  :(

But the email I got last week said "We have now completed the review of applications for our graduate program." 

Apparently, they don't know there is this forum  :D

So I was expecting McGill to send me a rejection email or to change my application status from "submitted" to "rejected" but guess what, the status was changed to "in review" today.

Same here.

And mine says so, as well.

Rejection letter arrived from McGill.... as I assumed.

The e-mail said there are 148 people competing for 6 places in the program.

Congrats to those who got into the shortlist/interview/admission! 

Congrats!!!!!!!!

I wrote something like "thank you, i'm really honored, i'll let you know as soon as i make a final decision"

Thank you so much!

UIUC is not my top choice, but I'm so grateful to actually have an option (especially after having unsuccessfully applied last year). 

The email also notified me of the open house on March 16-17 and hoped that I can attend, but didn't specify as to if that will be compensated or what. But I guess I don't have to mention it just yet. 

Thank you so much!

UIUC is not my top choice, but I'm so grateful to actually have an option (especially after having unsuccessfully applied last year). 

The email also notified me of the open house on March 16-17 and hoped that I can attend, but didn't specify as to if that will be compensated or what. But I guess I don't have to mention it just yet. 

Congrats! My e-mail specifically said the offer included funding and if I remember correctly, they fully fund everyone. She said that the official offer letter will ahve more details about funding. :)

For those of you who heard from Stanford so far, what dates did you hear? Just trying to see if everyone was invited on the same day and I should rule them out or not :/

Congrats to both of you! I've been admitted as well, but I don't think I'll be able to make the open house  :unsure:

Yay! Congrats to you, too! :)

I don't think I'll make it, either. I have plans to go on a trip with my family that weekend. I've already visited the campus, which is fortunate, but I wish I could meet some of the other admitted students!

JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!

How should I respond to the email?!

Thank you! And good luck! Their Cog Sci program seems awesome. :)

Congratulations!!

Now I'm a bit anxious about UIUC since I haven't heard anything from them, but I think my research interests really fit with just one professor so my "fit" factor might not be that strong.

Congratulations!!

Now I'm a bit anxious about UIUC since I haven't heard anything from them, but I think my research interests really fit with just one professor so my "fit" factor might not be that strong.

I wouldn't necessarily be nervous, they seem to stagger admissions a bit... I heard back from them nearly a month ago!

On UCLA (for those of you who didn't care to frequently check their For Prospective Graduate Students page, like me):

For current applicants for our 2015-16 entering class:

We are currently reviewing over 180 applications, with the goal of a class of about 7. We do not conduct preliminary interviews in order to make our decisions. Emails to those who are definitely accepted should come from the Director of Graduate Studies over the weekend of Feb. 7-8. We offer full financial support to all our accepted applicants, but details of this support will not be sent until later in the week of of Feb. 9. All admitted students will be invited to visit the department in late Feb. or early March.

Other applicants may be on a waitlist; information about that will come a bit after the first round of acceptances.

(directly copied & pasted from here)

So, there!

Edited by Omnium

On UCLA (for those of you who didn't care to frequently check their For Prospective Graduate Students page, like me):

(directly copied & pasted from here)

So, there!

Thanks for posting this!!! ... And holy crap. Now I'm just going to be a nervous wreck. 7 out of 180?!?