FALL 2015 APPLICATONS

JD - (0)

Yes, some are at UCLA, and others live in neighborhoods that I've been told are popular among UCLA students.

If they mentioned that you're getting a specific fellowship, though, it probably means that you're getting one of the better offers... so you have no need to worry!

Oh, I sort of assumed that was a default thing since their website has no information on it, that's encouraging.

I got into UChicago!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I've been doubting myself so hard lately... and I still feel that there are soooo many people way more talented than I am.

I totally identify with the feeling. And the constant thoughts of 'where do I get the confidence even applying'. On the other hand, though there are many people who are more talented, also many less talented, so why not me.

Congrats and good luck!

I'm waiting for a signal from CUNY! Any news?

Sigh, we all are  :D  :wacko:

edit: actually, looking at the result section I just found out someone HAD an Interview with them on Jan. 29...so...

Edited by Garyon

edit: actually, looking at the result section I just found out someone HAD an Interview with them on Jan. 29...so...

I saw this last week and then searched for other interviews in the past years.

Interestingly, this was the first interview at CUNY-Linguistics posted in the results section since 2006! It seems that they don't usually interview applicants, but for some reason they decided to interview this specific person this year...

If I'm not mistaken, CUNY has an unusually bad funding situation, which leads them to only accepting a very small number of students. I believe only two doctoral students were admitted to CUNY's ling program for 2014.

If I'm not mistaken, CUNY has an unusually bad funding situation, which leads them to only accepting a very small number of students. I believe only two doctoral students were admitted to CUNY's ling program for 2014.

Actually I think starting either last year or this year, CUNY is going to start funding its PhD students. I don't know how many students they plan to admit, though. I'm sure it's new for them and there may be some quirks. 

I got into UChicago!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I've been doubting myself so hard lately... and I still feel that there are soooo many people way more talented than I am.

Congrats!! How did they notify you? Email, website, phone call?? 

Can you indicate whether you intended this statement to apply only for the CUNY linguistics program or rather more generally for the whole CUNY Graduate Center?

I totally identify with the feeling. And the constant thoughts of 'where do I get the confidence even applying'. On the other hand, though there are many people who are more talented, also many less talented, so why not me.

Congrats and good luck!

Congratz!!!

Thanks!! :)

Congrats!! How did they notify you? Email, website, phone call?? 

I got an email. :) 

There's also unofficial information on the funding package + invitation to visit April 2-3.

Got an invitation of open house from UC Davis, while the reult page is down.

Anyone have idea about this open house thing from Davis? I guess I'm somehow on the shortlist (hope I am not over-optimistic but I really feel relieved and soooo glad).

Is the results search page down? Now how am I going to obsessively refresh for any U of T results? 

It has also been down for me for a few hours.

Same for me. I can't open it for about 5 hours, it's crazy.

Edited by carmen7077

Can you indicate whether you intended this statement to apply only for the CUNY linguistics program or rather more generally for the whole CUNY Graduate Center?

Hey! This is my third year applying to ling programs. I applied to CUNY ling, along with another friend  who had an interview and said the Prof informed her only a handful of applicants were interviewed and they only accepted 2 students.