Fall 2015 MFA

Kaitipoola

Wait, I'm confused... I don't understand why a lot of people were called for their Iowa acceptances if, according to that post above, they also plan on mailing some of them? I've looked at results from the past years and they all cite phone calls for acceptances. Isn't it fair to assume if we haven't gotten the call we haven't made it in?

To be clear: I believe the woman I spoke with over the phone was probably communicating some pre-drafted 'talking points.' I'm sure she was told to say that to anyone who asked, just to cover the bases. I do actually think everyone who was accepted has been called. 

To be clear: I believe the woman I spoke with over the phone was probably communicating some pre-drafted 'talking points.' I'm sure she was told to say that to anyone who asked, just to cover the bases. I do actually think everyone who was accepted has been called. 

I figured. Thanks in any case for providing us with an update :) 

hey yall, i just got waitlisted at Illinois (yay?) by snail-mail, so to anyone that applied there, be on the lookout (im sure i got my letter this quickly because i live 2.5 hrs away from urbana-champaign, so don't stress if it hasnt arrived yet).

but that goes to say its seems like snail mail is still a thing cause im pretty sure Illinois called everyone they accepted/waitlisted last year and the year before, so maybe Iowa changed it up too.

UIUC didn't call wait listers last year. At least not in poetry. Congrats! I had a great experience talking with UIUC last year (I was waitlisted in poetry). I've heard great things about fiction too.

Edited by samson36

Never assume anything.

Three rejections so far.

Don't get me wrong, it's the pits.

But there's still hope. At least it's not Mid-March yet.

Keep hope.

Best of luck to everyone!

God, I wish they would just send me the rejections already. Waiting for a rejection when you know all the acceptances have gone out is so crappy. Send 'em on out, people, I ain't scared! (But, I would like to get on with my life)

For anyone still looking at the FB page: any word on poetry acceptances to Johns Hopkins? Saw some fiction ones on GradCafe. I am assuming they probably have gone out which is a little depressing. I don't know about other people but seeing my options whittling one-by-one is very upsetting! Especially because judging from past years my last two — Irvine and Indiana — won't be revealed for a good while. 

Interesting comment?

this one specifically:  

• I contacted Brian Evenson about timing and he wrote: "Not all the fiction rejections have been sent out yet. I am hoping acceptances will go out sometime next week, but it may be even a little longer than that. Sorry to keep you and a number of others waiting..."

which made me think: have rejections already been sent out? i feel so in the dark about Brown in general, which may be intentional on their end, so maybe there we some talk on draft?

writeonsteph-

I was also accepted to NAU, so I may be seeing you there. I am also still waiting on notification from ASU, when I check my account online it simply says "In Review." Considering many people have already received rejections, I would guess that we are somewhere on the waitlist, and perhaps they just chose not to inform us of our current standing. 

On 2/28/2015 at 12:37 AM, lagoon91 said:

which made me think: have rejections already been sent out? i feel so in the dark about Brown in general, which may be intentional on their end, so maybe there we some talk on draft?

Has anyone mentioned being rejected from Brown on the Draft?

Edited by Octoberstormxx