2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Does anyone know when Stanford Biology home program will send out notifications? It's my last school of the season and I'm ready to be done with the graduate school application process  :)

I'm also waiting as well. Hopefully, we'll know by tomorrow since the survey for the interview visit is due today? Good luck!  :)

I interviewed for the Biology home program. I got a phone call from a professor a few hours ago. She said I will get an official email in a couple of days. I'm not sure if they have contacted everyone that got in yet. Good luck!

Have any other international students had their interviews via skype?
Did they run them during the week?

What did people think of Stanford in general? And of Biology if that was your home program?

I really enjoyed everything they had to offer. I interviewed for Immunology and I think they really had a strong showing. I got a lot of opportunities to meet with faculty members and students across all years (one of the few schools where I met 6th years). Faculty there are really great, there seems to be alot of collaboration across the department and across Stanford as well. Most people I asked only had good things to say about it and when I asked what the worst thing about it was, someone said that it's sometimes pretty difficult to get ahold of PI's because they're often quite busy giving talks

That moment when you find out that you rank in 3rd on the amount of comments made on this thread.... 

Shoutout to Vene and expandyourmind for being 1st and 2nd on the list

and thanks to everyone for making this chat such an awesome part of the application season

That moment when you find out that you rank in 3rd on the amount of comments made on this thread.... 

Shoutout to Vene and expandyourmind for being 1st and 2nd on the list

and thanks to everyone for making this chat such an awesome part of the application season

oh god shows what a life i have.

i've been addicted to this thread! haha

also, anyone looking at Stanford- my PI went there way back when and said its the best place in the world to study!

Even though I haven't been a huge part of this thread (I created it, though...), I wanted to say thanks for the laughs while I lurk on here.

I've gotten two offers of admission today. I'm leaning more towards one than the other simply because I'm more familiar with the program, but I'm going to give the other program a fair shot and am asking questions to the POI there.

I didn't interview, but I just got an email from a program that I was on a "short" waitlist. I then did a phone interview that lasted 8 min with a program coordinator. Is that too short of a phone interview to get my hopes up. I had no prep time, it was a couple of minutes after I emailed back that I was interested.

oh god shows what a life i have.

i've been addicted to this thread! haha

also, anyone looking at Stanford- my PI went there way back when and said its the best place in the world to study!

I've been addicted to this thread. At one point during the application season, I would check the thread before brushing my teeth in the morning. 

Is anyone here still waiting to hear a final yes/ no from Columbia Medical Integrated Program? Through this thread, I came to learn that people who have already been offered a place have to notify their decision by March 15. Since I didn't hear back yet, the safest assumption that I can make is that I have been waitlisted. But honestly I am kind of giving up. It's just been way too long.

Congratulations to the successful applicants btw. I hope you all made/ will make the right decision and excel in your research and career. All the best.

I've been addicted to this thread. At one point during the application season, I would check the thread before brushing my teeth in the morning. 

Wow you have an impressive list of acceptances, do you know where you are leaning towards?

Wow you have an impressive list of acceptances, do you know where you are leaning towards?

Thanks! I feel like I'm coming down to either UChicago, Stanford, Cornell and UW. I would love to make my decision by next week but let's see how realistic of a goal that is. It's really strange because 3/4 are outside NYC which I thought I didn't want to leave but it's funny how life works I guess

Thanks! I feel like I'm coming down to either UChicago, Stanford, Cornell and UW. I would love to make my decision by next week but let's see how realistic of a goal that is. It's really strange because 3/4 are outside NYC which I thought I didn't want to leave but it's funny how life works I guess

That same thing happened to me. I'm from the bay and Stanford was my dream school, but I'm taking the plunge and going to the opposite coast. Looks like you've got a tough choice to make. It'll be interesting to see what you choose with those options. Do you have favorites?

Is anyone here still waiting to hear a final yes/ no from Columbia Medical Integrated Program? Through this thread, I came to learn that people who have already been offered a place have to notify their decision by March 15. Since I didn't hear back yet, the safest assumption that I can make is that I have been waitlisted. But honestly I am kind of giving up. It's just been way too long.

Actually everybody in every single program has until April 15th to notify, although most programs ask people to kindly tell them as soon as possible. I rejected my offer to Columbia's integrated program today, so maybe that spot will be for you! Good luck!

Actually everybody in every single program has until April 15th to notify, although most programs ask people to kindly tell them as soon as possible. I rejected my offer to Columbia's integrated program today, so maybe that spot will be for you! Good luck!

Sorry, this is unfortunately untrue. Only schools that are part of the CGS have the April 15th deadline. Most schools are indeed part of the CGS, but one of mine wasn't (OHSU).