MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

HEY EVERYONE! I've been following this forum since about September and it has been extremely helpful. Figured it was about time I stopped stalking and joined the conversation. I am a year out from my BFA. Took the time to build my portfolio, had an artist in residence, and currently I am having my first solo show. I'm an interdisciplinary artist.

I applied to NYU Steinhardt, Pafa, and SVA for MFA fine arts/studio programs. I have yet to hear anything from Pafa or SVA. 

http://www.tiffanierdevos.com

Edited by tdevo412

Just received an interview request from Slade via email. Their policy is to interview all candidates in person. No skype no phone calls. Definitely can't afford to pay $1500 for the flight. Hope this means I will still be considered.

Anyone else in the same position? 

Also, great to see all of the interview requests and acceptances coming it! Good luck to all!

Just received an interview request from Slade via email. Their policy is to interview all candidates in person. No skype no phone calls. Definitely can't afford to pay $1500 for the flight. Hope this means I will still be considered.

Anyone else in the same position? 

Also, great to see all of the interview requests and acceptances coming it! Good luck to all!

That's asking quite a bit from a U.S. student...especially since funding for international is not as robust. I would definitely call or email and see if they can make an exception.

I've been avoiding posting this question, but the suspense is killing me!

I don't know how many times a day I can keep checking my email, and my postman probably thinks I'm close to stalking him.

Has anybody heard anything from Alfred, Cornell or U Washington?

There's so few data points in the main results search, and I can't find any other real resources for a decent timeline of interviews/acceptances/rejections.

I've been avoiding posting this question, but the suspense is killing me!

I don't know how many times a day I can keep checking my email, and my postman probably thinks I'm close to stalking him.

Has anybody heard anything from Alfred, Cornell or U Washington?

There's so few data points in the main results search, and I can't find any other real resources for a decent timeline of interviews/acceptances/rejections.

I also applied to Cornell for painting, and emailed Carl Ostendarp about interview status. Basically he told me that they are still in the process of listing people they want to interview, so no rush. And based on last year's forum, it seem like they won't let you know until April  :mellow:

I also applied to Cornell for painting, and emailed Carl Ostendarp about interview status. Basically he told me that they are still in the process of listing people they want to interview, so no rush. And based on last year's forum, it seem like they won't let you know until April  :mellow:

Yeah, I guess my thing is I'm wondering as much about the interviews. Like everybody else I'm sure, it's driving me batty!

If anyone hears anything please post results, interview or otherwise.

Thanks everyone for the discussions and the posts, it's nice to know there are others going through the same internal dramas.

Yeah, I guess my thing is I'm wondering as much about the interviews. Like everybody else I'm sure, it's driving me batty!

If anyone hears anything please post results, interview or otherwise.

Thanks everyone for the discussions and the posts, it's nice to know there are others going through the same internal dramas.

Bigtime. I feel like I'm a little spastic right now. On a positive note, I did land my first solo show yesterday! May 29th...Pretty pumped...and I'm having a different gallery owner/curator come to my studio tomorrow to do a formal visit and look at some work she's interested in including in an upcoming show. Deep cleaned my studio last night and now it's in appropriate shape to have a visitor. What's everyone working on?

I called SAIC to ask and I guess the Low Res program doesn't require interviews, they are sometimes given informally though. It is the painting program that asks for interviews, and we should receive an invitation to interview by mid Feb. 

Anyone else anxiously waiting to hear something from SAIC?

LOL I am. 

Bigtime. I feel like I'm a little spastic right now. On a positive note, I did land my first solo show yesterday! May 29th...Pretty pumped...and I'm having a different gallery owner/curator come to my studio tomorrow to do a formal visit and look at some work she's interested in including in an upcoming show. Deep cleaned my studio last night and now it's in appropriate shape to have a visitor. What's everyone working on?

Congrats on the solo show! I'm constantly cleaning and rearranging the studio, wondering why bother if I'm gonna end up packing it up?

I've got an installation coming up on Saturday, and can't wait to see how it's received (showing an iteration of a larger work in progress to see if it produces the desired effect).

Calmed down a little, only checked my email 6 times this hour.....

Made the short list for Ohio State and was invited to their "Visitation Day" on Feb. 20th but after talking to them, decided it's not necessary to fly all the way from Los Angeles. Not attending has no bearing on their admissions decision. 

That's asking quite a bit from a U.S. student...especially since funding for international is not as robust. I would definitely call or email and see if they can make an exception.

I sent them an email to see what options they will provide.

Maybe I will just send in a Legally Blonde style video, no chance of forgetting me that way! (kidding)

I have succumb to this habit. I've accepted my defeat, must check email.

I'm totally hating my office job (although totally cushy) right now since I have email up all day. Has anyone listened to any good art podcasts/read any particularly intriguing articles lately? I think I've listening to all the MoMA conversations series, haha.

Hey Y'all

Heard back from a couple schools and gearing up for some interviews

UT Austin-interview 2/6

SFAI - interview 2/20

Tyler - fly out interview 2/21

Still waiting to hear from Berkeley, UCLA, Columbia, Hunter, and VCU anyone have any idea when they send out emails?

Hey Y'all

Heard back from a couple schools and gearing up for some interviews

UT Austin-interview 2/6

SFAI - interview 2/20

Tyler - fly out interview 2/21

Still waiting to hear from Berkeley, UCLA, Columbia, Hunter, and VCU anyone have any idea when they send out emails?

Congrats on all the interviews! Did you apply for painting or sculpture? I'm still waiting to hear from tyler...

I'm totally hating my office job (although totally cushy) right now since I have email up all day. Has anyone listened to any good art podcasts/read any particularly intriguing articles lately? I think I've listening to all the MoMA conversations series, haha.

If you havent already, check out these Grayson Perry / BBC talks. I think there are 4-5 talks in total. Really good stuff. http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/reith