MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hi All,

In case anyone is concerned for their future, and looking to send out another application :) Just wanted to let you know that IUP's deadline for assistantship eligibility is February 15th. It's a great and really small program (depending on specific discipline), a bit remote, but just an hour or so from Pittsburgh. I definitely recommend applying - I applied on a whim, expected it to be a sad, distant safety school, but it was great when I visited, and I've been really happy here. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and good luck!

Are you guys looking at ApplyWeb or SVA's portal?

We were talking about just the PAFA site. It's at https://community.pafa.org/apply

It says:

Application type: Regular Decision Year apply: 2015 Fall Application status: Accept Status date: 2/5/2015 Application Checklist   Item Status Completion date Comments Application Fee Complete 9/24/2014 Website - Online Application Statement of Purpose Complete 1/15/2015   Letter of Recommendation #1 Complete 1/15/2015   Letter of Recommendation #2 Complete 1/15/2015   Transcripts Complete 1/21/2015   Portfolio Complete 1/15/2015   TOEFL or IELTS Scores Waived 1/15/2015   Image Inventory Complete 1/15/2015   Resume Complete 1/15/2015   Decision Letter Sent Pending     Candidate Reply Form Pending     New Student Information Form Pending

I was referring to what it meant at the top when it says Application Status: Accept

Also waiting... I haven't had any rejections.. but also no good news.

I feel like checking in here is like a moment of weakness... a bit like staring at a car crash lol

I have continued my work and feel much better during the wait while I am busy with it.

I do not plan to change anything about my work based on rejections, but would likely search for schools that might be a better fit next go round, or re-evaluate the context of the work and writing.  

I feel you, Jonsuit. That's really good you're still making work. I'm still exhausted from applying to so many schools. 

The Columbia need assessment form is stressing me out a little bit. It's so detailed and confusing, to at least me, anyway. I'm curresntly entirely dependent on parents and I have no spouse, so I'm having a hard time filling it out, since it asks what I spent money on, when technically I didn't spend money on anything.

(also super self conscious about this post, since I'm showing how terribly young I am...)

The Columbia need assessment form is stressing me out a little bit. It's so detailed and confusing, to at least me, anyway. I'm curresntly entirely dependent on parents and I have no spouse, so I'm having a hard time filling it out, since it asks what I spent money on, when technically I didn't spend money on anything.

(also super self conscious about this post, since I'm showing how terribly young I am...)

DEO just an FYI I love your work. It's fantastic. 

I know someone heard and had an interview with Irvine.

do you know how long ago this was? 

I was accepted at PSU my first round of applying and my interview had 1 professor and two grad students asking questions, just FYI :)

thanks for the info! 

Second this sentiment. I really appreciate the narratives as someone who also has the travel bug ;)

Thanks! :) I'm very fortunate to have had those opportunities, and I adore my fellow globe-trotters!