MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hi elinik, I applied to NYU ITP, UCLA DMA other than SFAI A&T and Parsons D&T. Still no news from Parsons and I guess ITP doesn't interview too. Good luck on your applications!

I've also an interview with UCLA at March 6th, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Actually, I just got one interview for painting. It was pretty informal and they asked usual questions such as why do you want to study this program and who is your favorite artist...etc. However, It was at Texas Tech University and they are not hard on their applicants.

Crossed fingers for your upcoming interviews! Good luck:)

Anyone else hear anything from SVA? According to this time last year they started to send out emails for interviews. I know someone got an interview, but that may have been only due to visitation and scheduling for travels. 

But, then later that day you got an email for an interview! What crazy luck! :) CONGRATS!

Do you think that person you talked to was just confused or do you think they are sending out interview requests in batches? Can you tell I am still hopeful! RISD was my top pick! Trying to visualize an email from them in my inbox tomorrow. :)

I too am hoping that is the case but outlook is grim at this point :(

But, then later that day you got an email for an interview! What crazy luck! :) CONGRATS! 

Do you think that person you talked to was just confused or do you think they are sending out interview requests in batches? Can you tell I am still hopeful! RISD was my top pick! Trying to visualize an email from them in my inbox tomorrow. :)

I thought it was strange too. Maybe, I tipped the scales and annoyed them, causing a chain reaction for them to the tell the professors to make their decisions already, and them eventually sending out the interview emails? Idk... Maybe it was a coincidence? I assume they sent them out in batches that are medium specific. I know some people had said they had interview for RISD sculpture before the interviews for painting came out. Maybe there's still hope? 

After soaking in the Blue Lagoon all day (southwest Iceland), I get back to an acceptance email from Oregon.

Best. Day. Ever.

Congratulations! So glad to hear. I did as well : )

Congrats! That's so amazing, thepictureisstill  and laaru -- and likely points to an assumed rejection for me, I suppose. Sigh. 

Has either of your gradweb status changed? Mine still just says: Department Recommendation: Pending 

But maybe they notify rejection later than acceptances? 

Edited by kxxx

I just called the UO department phone number listed to ask if I should assume rejection at this point as I did not have an interview but all the person said "Well, I wouldn't assume anything" ??? So that's helpful?? 

Sorry, I will stop taking up space on this thread with my tiny Oregon tantrum -- it's just my first choice for many reasons so I want to be very, very certain of my rejection before I drown in a puddle of my own tears...

Mine has "pending" still. You could be on a wait list or something...never know until you get a decision with your name on it.

Congrats! That's so amazing, thepictureisstill and laaru -- and likely points to an assumed rejection for me, I suppose. Sigh.

Has either of your gradweb status changed? Mine still just says: Department Recommendation: Pending

But maybe they notify rejection later than acceptances?

Edited by thepictureisstill

I've noticed that some people are in communication with faculty at the schools they have applied to. Should I be doing this? Is it appropriate at this point in the game to start letting them know how interested I am in their program? I haven't received any interviews yet and I'm just curious if there is more I could be doing...

Im pretty sure this has little impact on your acceptance/invitation to interview. the fact that you applied is expressing interest, and they will ultimately chose applicants based on their portfolio. 

This is also coming from someone who hasnt communicated at all with any members of faculty or anything. 

Im pretty sure this has little impact on your acceptance/invitation to interview. the fact that you applied is expressing interest, and they will ultimately chose applicants based on their portfolio.

This is also coming from someone who hasnt communicated at all with any members of faculty or anything.

That's what I was thinking. All of these insecurities are getting to me I guess, thanks!!!

accepted to the FVNMA department at SAIC by mail. in case anyone else applied to that and is wondering.

Congrats! Just got a letter accepted to art and technology, but I also applied to fvnma and still waiting from them. did your letter says a word about financial?

Congrats! Just got a letter accepted to art and technology, but I also applied to fvnma and still waiting from them. did your letter says a word about financial?

No, it said absolutely nothing about financial aid. so I don't know if that means I didn't get any, or if they notify you of that separately.

did anyone get a final decision from UCLA this week? I interviewed last weekend and thought we might get calls this week -- so wondering if the fact that I haven't heard means I'm out! Thanks to anyone who can shed any light!