MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

In person on the 9th. Flying out tomorrow morning, almost finished "packing" aka pacing around my apartment

I don't blame you! I interviewed on the 2nd, but it was over skype, I definitely would have preferred in person though. Good luck with your interview!

Hi =) Has anyone heard back from University of Connecticut, University of Oregon , University of Notre Dame, MCAD or VCU? Freaking out lol :(

I was accepted to MCAD last month without an interview, but have until May 1st to accept/reject. It might be worth contacting them to check in about a waitlist? I don't know.

Good luck with your other applications too!

Have any non-international students heard anything from Notre Dame?

Also, has anybody gotten word from UWA's 3d4m program?

I heard back from UW 3d4m today and was accepted via phone. 

ugh got my rejection email from rutgers today. did you hear anything? 

Sorry to hear that! No, I heard nothing yet.. maybe they have so many rejection e-mails to send out that they haven't got to my name yet... :)

Edited by Lila Adams

Hello everyone!  I've been lurking for a while and freaking out quietly...  I was wondering if anyone here has heard from SVA's MFA Illustration as Visual Essay?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far!

For those of you who had an interview with RISD on the 25th how did it go? 

So is RISD doing interviews in batches then? Was this is regards to the painting program specifically, because I know they are also doing interviews on the 9th and 10th of this next week as well. 

I haven't heard a single thing from RISD, should I just assume rejection at this point? :( why can't they just send an email if they know? is anyone else in the same boat?

I haven't heard a single thing from RISD, should I just assume rejection at this point? :( why can't they just send an email if they know? is anyone else in the same boat?

ayhtea - I'm in the same position, haven't heard anything at all from RISD (graphic design). Read online somewhere that if you're rejected you find out way later than accepted - so I'm assuming rejection. Frustrating that they don't just let us know :(

ayhtea - I'm in the same position, haven't heard anything at all from RISD (graphic design). Read online somewhere that if you're rejected you find out way later than accepted - so I'm assuming rejection. Frustrating that they don't just let us know :(

I think if you haven't at least been waitlisted by now, then yea. I got waitlisted two weeks ago without an interview.

I hope we can all begin to discuss the financial offers we receive from schools and how we go about the process of making our choices.

I have not heard back from the schools that have accepted me about financial aid :\ I'm so curious to know about my funding opportunities

I have not heard back from the schools that have accepted me about financial aid :\ I'm so curious to know about my funding opportunities

I have also not been sent the all the "fun facts of my financial offers". I have one in hand and it's disappointing in the lack of $$$. I've already decided not to consider it. It was about a 35% offer of tution reimbursement. I think the discussion should be out in the open, so schools can see the effect of good funding and vice versa. We should help the next group of students understand what they can expect.

Does anyone know how long (approx.) after the interview Columbia starts making offers?

I heard different things from various people: that it can happen in the interview, or that they will respond a week-to two weeks after the interview. Before April 1st though.

Is anyone interviewing at Columbia on March 12th?