Fall 2015 Applicants!

I had written U of Vermont off because they sent out acceptance emails about a month ago, but they just called me to ask me a few questions about my application. Most of it was about the difference between my undergrad GPA (3.2) and post-bacc GPA (4.0). I think I was on some waitlist and didn't even know it. Has anyone experienced something like this? 

CSUN is driving me insane. It's the last school I'm waiting on. Haven't heard back from Chapman but I've lost all hope for that one. I'm hoping CSUN's decision to wait until absolute last minute to give notifications will increase some our chances, since others have already accepted elsewhere haha. 

It is making me crazy as well. I am a second year applicant and last year I heard on April 11th via email that I wasn't accepted. So it should be soon.

Okay guys, one week until the April 15 deadline! As a waitlist floater, I feel like the date will never get here! I am just hoping for some closure from other programs ASAP! The whole unknown factor of the waitlists make it more anxiety provoking than it was before there were any decisions. It's such a toss up. Almost to the April 15th deadline!  B)

Okay guys, one week until the April 15 deadline! As a waitlist floater, I feel like the date will never get here! I am just hoping for some closure from other programs ASAP! The whole unknown factor of the waitlists make it more anxiety provoking than it was before there were any decisions. It's such a toss up. Almost to the April 15th deadline!  B)

I'm also super anxious...all I have are waitlists! I just want to get through April and not have to worry anymore

Guys, you are more experienced... If I haven't heard yet from SJSU and CSUEB, is that a bad or a good sign? I see people accepted and being interviewed.

First timer here... :)

To the previous poster, 4 waitlists are not bad. You have more chances. Did they say your position?

Guys, you are more experienced... If I haven't heard yet from SJSU and CSUEB, is that a bad or a good sign? I see people accepted and being interviewed.

To the previous poster, 4 waitlists are not bad. You have more chances. Did they say your position?

CSUEB sent an email last week that they're aware of the April 15th deadline and will send decisions no sooner than April 10th. They sent it out to undisclosed recipients, probably due to the high volume of inquiries regarding their application status. Also, if you look back at previous results, it looks like CSUEB tend to send their decisions around April 10/11. 

Hope this helps! I'm waiting on them too :)

Does anyone know if Chapman University has already finished selecting their students? I know a few people have already been accepted, but I never heard back from them. Thanks!

I haven't heard back either! I interviewed early March. I'm guessing it's a rejection.

Edited by Missa25

From what I've heard from others, all of their acceptances have gone out and all that's left now are wait-list and rejections. I don't understand why it takes so long for schools to notify applicants...especially ones they've interviewed. Kinda tacky if you ask me!

True, I am grateful to have four rather than just one. Unfortunately I know nothing about where I stand!

Thanks, guys!

Congrats, Katha!

Holly, don't lose hope. Last year they were accepting/adding people to waiting list on April 14. You never know. :)

I still haven't heard back from them either so I'm going to assume mine is a rejection.  

Stay positive! I got rejected from SDSU in the beginning of February, so basically before people even got acceptance notifications. haha. So maybe it's a good sign and they're actually taking longer to accept people. I try not to read into things like that too much since we have no idea of what their admission process really looks like. And if SJSU is your top choice you can always consider appealing the decision if you get rejected. I wrote Sac State an email after my rejection letter and someone from the department actually got back to me and wanted to set up an appointment to meet with me next week. Not sure what this is all about but there may still be hope so hang in there! 

I had an interview with the University of Montevallo last Monday April 6th. I still haven't heard anything back. Is anyone else in this situation? I'm just confused as to where I stand. It's hard just waiting when you haven't been accepted, rejected, or wait listed yet!!

I just wanted to thank all of you like-minded, neurotic, grad school obsessed students for your help and support throughout the graduate admissions process. I can tell from reading your posts that you are all extremely dedicated, well-rounded people that will make great SLPs. I was just accepted into my top choice program off the waitlist and I could not be happier! For those of you on waitlists, don't give up hope! I didn't expect to be taken off the waitlist at all. Likewise, do not let graduate committee decisions define your worth. This field is insanely competitive and it is such an unpredictable process. Think positive, happy thoughts! There's my little blurp for the day! 

I just wanted to thank all of you like-minded, neurotic, grad school obsessed students for your help and support throughout the graduate admissions process. I can tell from reading your posts that you are all extremely dedicated, well-rounded people that will make great SLPs. I was just accepted into my top choice program off the waitlist and I could not be happier! For those of you on waitlists, don't give up hope! I didn't expect to be taken off the waitlist at all. Likewise, do not let graduate committee decisions define your worth. This field is insanely competitive and it is such an unpredictable process. Think positive, happy thoughts! There's my little blurp for the day! 

Brought a tear to my when I read "do not let graduate committee decisions define your worth." As a second year applicant I have second guessed myself many times in this process.

I wish you nothing but the best. I am so happy that you got into your dream school. I am waitlisted at my first choice. You have brought me new hope!!!!

:) :) :)

Congrats!! What school are you going to?! :)

St. Cloud State! I didn't have any expectations for getting in off the waitlist. I knew how crazy qualified the applicants were from doing group interviews so I didn't think they would pick me over some of the other really great people. I also didn't answer the phone call I got with my admission because I thought it was a junk call. Twas the best unexpected "junk call" I have received!