Out of curiosity, how old is everyone who plans to pursue a Masters?

I took about two years off post-undergrad and so I'll be 23 when I start my program this fall and turning 24 in October. I'll be 28 when I finish thanks to the Peace Corps portion of my grad studies. Not ready to face my late 20s! Am I supposed to be functional by then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be 24 at the end of this month and am starting my first year of grad school straight out of undergrad.  Although I was class of 2009 for high school, just took two years off before starting college.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be 32 when I start the application process.  I did almost 10 years in the Marine Corps, and I'm glad that I did; I was not mature enough for college when I came out of high school.  That's to say nothing of my grades, which were not impressive.  Now that I'm a little older, I really enjoy school on my terms and don't see it as a chore.

• 4 weeks later...

So I was straight out of undergrad when I attended grad school in NY for the first time, so I was 22. There were only maybe 2 of us in that program who were right out of undergrad, the rest of them were 25 and older with most of them being in their late 20s/early 30s. 

For me, that program didn't end up being the right fit, so I didn't complete it. Then when I was 24 I started a different program in CA and most everybody in this program is around their mid 20s, with only a few sprinkled in there being younger or older. It's definitely heavily 24-26 year olds.

Once I graduate from this program I'll hopefully be doing another program Fall 2016 :) So it'll be interesting to see the age range in MN or NC.

• 2 weeks later...