Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

I want to know the story behind this one that just popped up:

North Carolina State University Mathematics, PhD (F15) Rejected via Website on 8 Apr 2015 U 9 Apr 2015

Highly suspected that my application got mixed up with another applicant from my school who actually applied for the master's but "accidentally" got in the Ph.D. program.

North Carolina State University Mathematics, PhD (F15) Rejected via Website on 8 Apr 2015 U 9 Apr 2015

Highly suspected that my application got mixed up with another applicant from my school who actually applied for the master's but "accidentally" got in the Ph.D. program.

NCSU has some funny ones in CS, lots of people going "you can't get in with less than a 165 Q score"... 

<- guess who got in with something much less than a 165 Q...

Omg that would drive me INSANE if I really thought it was a possibility....!

I also want to know what's going on here.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope is the most powerful emotion. Hope for the future and success to every student here who has perseverance all the time!!!!!!

A late rejection and a philosophical outlook. 

Good luck to everyone who got admitted. Follow your heart, it will never fail even with several huge disappointing rejections from your dream schools. Get up and move on with inner courage!!!

Another philosopher

I cannot understand why they have a 25 cutoff line for TOEFL speaking but just require 20 to apply? I scored 24 and was told my English speaking score is too low. And they also told me that GPA is not crucial. Is this a Linguistic program?

A young person who was rejected from a statistics program

I would like to curse this university for making me and many others like me wait for so long before giving a decision! Hell with UCI!

Emotions sometimes run high

Watch out, this underdog is going to back with full revenge.

I'm a bit afraid.

This school lost my application too! After checking in from not hearing from them, they told me I had never applied.. I had to contact CSDCAS only to then receive a rude email from the department claiming I hadn't been accepted. She checked for my name 3 times, so I'm skeptical that she actually ever found it, and instead just told me I got rejected to cover it up. I also warn future applicants to not apply here! You don't want to be a part of a program like this!!

This one kind of made me sad for the applicant.

• Generic rejection mail... My journey for graduate studies never really took off.. halted at the start. Rejected from all schools. Many congratulations to all those accepted and to those in this forum.. Would miss this place and the feeling of hope everytime I read the threads.. Would feel terrible when I see this site and the schools status page in the most visited sites on my browser..will be clearing them off... Thank you all... what a failure I have been

Another sad one

PLEASE someone explain: Decision on my application has been made by ECE department graduate, but when I have contacted the AIS they have told me the decision has not been made yet. More than 10 days has passed since this incident had happened. Can someone tell me what is happening. If they have made the decision already, what is the point of lingering?? Please someone explain who knows the reason.....

Someone looking for answers

Edited by sackofcrap

Purdue University Electrical Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 15 Mar 2015 I 15 Mar 2015

• Got acceptance from MIT. Don't know what shit Purdue looks for. F**k it.

Welp. :'D

Purdue University Electrical And Computer Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 13 Mar 2015 I 13 Mar 2015

• Guys, they did not even have room for new students this year!! If I knew, then surely I would not apply there, waste of money and my time that was!

A lot of people got accepted, so...

University Of Western Ontario Counselling Psychology, Masters (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Apr 2015   27 Apr 2015

• Two (because one wasn't enough) emails giving a generic rejection. My heart hurts.

:(

Akron Polymer Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Apr 2015 I 27 Apr 2015

• Prof. Heinz is sun of a Beach!!! 100%

He must very hot then.

Iowa State University ECONOMICS, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Apr 2015 A 27 Apr 2015

• I would have made a great forecasting economist. I predicted I would be rejected and I was! Aside from the despondent humor, I feel like I want to puke.

I'm sorry, but congrats on the correct prediction.

University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor Screen Arts And Cultures, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 27 Apr 2015 U 27 Apr 2015

• Hope is the most powerful emotion. Hope for the future and success to every student here who has perseverance all the time!!!!!!

The top dude quoted this, too. Priceless one.

Texas A & M University Electrical And Computer Engineering, Masters (F15) Rejected via Website on 24 Apr 2015 I 26 Apr 2015

• Oh well life moves on !

Indeed it does.

Notre Dame Civil Engineering, Masters (F15) Rejected via Website on 24 Apr 2015  A 26 Apr 2015

• Application deadline was approximately three months ago. With no response to my e-mails and taking so long just to figure out rejections, I'm somewhat glad I wasn't accepted here. A lack of professionalism like that must run deep for the department. Good luck to all who were accepted!

Not uncommon for them to not reply.

Edited by shinigamiasuka

Mechanical Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via Website on 15 Apr 2015 I 15 Apr 2015

• 15 April deadline followed nicely by UCB giving mass rejects. Some people just want to watch the whole world burn...

The dark knight... see what you did there...