Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Audiology, Other (F15), 3/5/15

"AuD, seriously? 4.0 GPA, 165 for both sections of the GRE and still got rejected from this school?! I have been accepted to every school but this one. What else do they want? ..an arm and leg? my body? I am not trying to bitter but this school is ridiculously hard to get into. CONDESCENDING MUCH?"

I loved this one. The mix of indignant frustration was just perfect.

And another gem.

West Virginia University Clinical Psychology, PhD (F15)

F**ck you, Honey Boo Boo University.

Hahahahah omg this one may be my favorite

Iowa Creative Writing (fiction), MFA (F15) Rejected via Postal Service on 9 Mar 2015 A 9 Mar 2015

Iowa rejection = badge of honor. Proud token on my female hero's journey. Also, shocked no one has tried to use this thread as a dating forum...there is a lot of ambition/loneliness here

This whole thing confuses me....

^ERR_Alpha I love your signature. Very apropos in the tumult of the application season.

Thank you! I find it summed up my experience well. I am also obsessed with Steinbeck.

I have just seen the notification on their website. It feels being broken up via text message. I thought we hit it off UIC!!

Pretty much exactly how I feel about hearing rejection status through a portal as well...

Edited by zadigblue

Stanford Statistics, Masters (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 10 Mar 2015 U 10 Mar 2015
Overqualified I assumed. They admitted too many weak applicants last year so they have to reject a lot of good applicants who even deserve PhD...

Haha the Stanford ones are pretty good sometimes. I'm sure Stanford rejected you because you were overqualified....

Memorial University Of Newfoundland English, Masters (F15) Rejected via Website on 10 Mar 2015 ♦ I 10 Mar 2015

Expected. The most racist place in Canada. Never mind. Taking a fantastic program in UC-Irvine.

Well, okay! Glad you didn't get into a university in the most racist place in Canada, especially after applying (I assume, in earnest).

Civil Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via Website on 10 Mar 2015
I could not find any professors. This was an unreasonable choice and I knew that I will be rejected three months ago. Anyway, success is not defined within this university. Not important.

Edited by Perhaps Later

Haha the Stanford ones are pretty good sometimes. I'm sure Stanford rejected you because you were overqualified....

If you are too good for Stanford what are you supposed to do? I guess you would have to start your own university at that point.

I think people take rejections way too personally (though I guess they are judging your personal accomplishments and future goals so it is personal). Sometimes a school just doesn't have room for you for whatever reason. Being sassy about it isn't going to change things.

Edited by <ian>

"Those accepted but not intending to attend please decline your offers"

Everyone is making decisions as best and as quickly as they can. The entitlement in this kind of post annoys me.

I saw one of these that actually said "those of you admitted but not planning to attend -- please stop collecting admissions and not declining for the sake of stroking your own egos."

"Those accepted but not intending to attend please decline your offers"

Everyone is making decisions as best and as quickly as they can. The entitlement in this kind of post annoys me.

I saw one of these that actually said "those of you admitted but not planning to attend -- please stop collecting admissions and not declining for the sake of stroking your own egos."

I'm sitting on my three because I haven't decided yet (and haven't heard from everyone). I don't think people declining will automatically get the wait listed people asking accepted.

I seriously doubt anyone is thinking of you (angry wait listed poster) when making a decision that impacts their entire life. The schools give us until April 15th for a reason.

Edited by <ian>