Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

"Quite surprised. First class master. Was in touch with the processor who seem to be interested in my proposal."

I don't know, but it might be worrying if a computer science student can't tell the difference between a processor and a professor.

"Quite surprised. First class master. Was in touch with the processor who seem to be interested in my proposal."

I don't know, but it might be worrying if a computer science student can't tell the difference between a processor and a professor.

All that time, and you realized that you weren't talking with a professor.  Instead, you were talking with a processor.

Yeah, that's worrisome indeed.

Oh man, why the hell would anyone EVER put anything like that in their SOP.

Well, they said personal statement, not SOP, so I can totally see someone mentioning something like that. Especially in the context of "a challenge overcome" or the like.

All of these responses from CMU who got their admission revoked are so cringeworthy!

I have not even read them, but it cannot be anywhere as cringeworthy as the fact that CMU has revoked dozens of acceptances.

I am so happy this has returned! I have to admit though, this year's rejecties have not been nearly as creative as last year's :(.

Eh, give it a month or so. 

I really, really hope that I won't have to use it this year, but I would like "CASUALTY".

Not a fan of Mortal Kombat, I take it?

Also granted this was for a Gender and Women's Studies program but still...  :blink:

• Rejected for having conflicting values with Liberty University. Maybe it was my two abortions I discussed in my personal statement?

Gallows humor is the best. 

I've heard that similar things have happened in the past with MIT. You'd think the preeminent tech schools would be better at emailing people.

I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster of getting into your top choice and then having it revoked...

Well, they let one of them in and he went on to complete the program and then write a book about it called The Idea Factory. 

All of these responses from CMU who got their admission revoked are so cringeworthy!

Honestly, I find the pre-revocation acceptance responses more cringey and sad. "I can't believe I got into my top choice with only 140 Quant and a 2.5 GPA! Wow!" (Not a direct quote cos I just feel too bad.)

My heart is hurting for all of them. I can't even imagine having to go through that.

Also granted this was for a Gender and Women's Studies program but still...  :blink:

• Rejected for having conflicting values with Liberty University. Maybe it was my two abortions I discussed in my personal statement?

Guys, I just realized that this might be House of Card's Claire Underwood talking about her Season 2 interview......

claire.jpg

(not from said interview, but this is what came up on Google and it fit, folks)

Edited by TXInstrument11

Honestly, I find the pre-revocation acceptance responses more cringey and sad. "I can't believe I got into my top choice with only 140 Quant and a 2.5 GPA! Wow!" (Not a direct quote cos I just feel too bad.)

My heart is hurting for all of them. I can't even imagine having to go through that.

The one that seems creepily aware of what was about to happen got me the most... "Too many admits this year, don't believe it"

Technically an acceptance, but I really enjoyed:

"No word on funding yet. Not sure if I'll accept as the name of the school is so difficult to spell." -Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

HAHA this is great! I grew up in Rensselaer county... most of the RPI students also say it wrong.  :lol:

3 years research experience, 4 projects, excellent LORS, novel ideas to be employed in synthetic biology, and yet rejected from Oxford, what the heck are they looking for ? 

But after contemplating , i thank GOD that i was rejected, maybe if i got admitted, i would suffer from a stone age prof.  :blink:

The infamous catch phrase used in most internet memes: 

Princeton, Electrical Engineering PhD: "I don't always get rejections but when I do, I get it from Princeton. Worth a try!"

Edited by Guest