Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

CS results: 4 Recommendations Letters....What else do they want?!

Maybe they wanted 5?

The one that seems creepily aware of what was about to happen got me the most... "Too many admits this year, don't believe it"

One even said "To be frank, I don't believe it lol. Ready for the correction mail haha."

He knew...

Edited by <ian>

Princeton University Electrical Engineering, PhD (F15) Rejected via E-mail on 18 Feb 2015 I 18 Feb 2015

• report spam
  • Such a dramatic story! I got my rejection while eating pizza! Noooooooooooooo!!!!

The struggle is real, man.

I have seen a couple of these "Such a dramatic story!" posts now. One of them got a rejection while going to class and another one got while going to the toilet.

Is this a reference I didn't get? Or just some trolls?

Rejection from Johns Hopkins Neuroscience: "Fuck this."

Stay classy, neuroscience folks, stay classy.

Eh, well, they are a competitive bunch. 

This one is for University of Kansas, Audiology:  

• "Got accepted via email! Very excited, one of my top two choices! No news about funding yet, hoping to hear with the written letter to follow!"

Very excited to have been accepted via email?

*edit to add:  it does not take much to amuse me.  

Edited by Crucial BBQ

A couple other good ones:

Quite surprised since my fortune teller said to expect otherwise. Now concerned about the "long life" prediction.

Why God WHY!!!

Great use of Adele lyrics:

nevermind, I’ll find someone like yoouuu, I wish nothing but the best for yoouuu tooo

Michigan Ann Arbor

• "you sucking is not limited to football and no wonder detroit becoming an industrial wasteland and i hate yusufcan."
:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:
Wow. I enjoy a good Michigan joke but that was intense hatred. And horrible grammar...

Also lol @ all of the Michigan Econ rejects writing go bucks or go other big 10 teams :P

Edited by ERR_Alpha

Wow. I enjoy a good Michigan joke but that was intense hatred. And horrible grammar...

Also lol @ all of the Michigan Econ rejects writing go bucks or go other big 10 teams :P

Putting the profs name and claiming to hate them is harsh. It's not like they did't let this applicant in based on a personal vendetta. 

Two of my recent faves from Anthropology:

So glad I got accepted to my top choice...lol oh wait, still haven't gotten accepted any where so far. fml nbd yolo

And for the win:

• F*&% you Columbia, and your archaic windswept halls of exotica.

&nbsp;

<p>

Also granted this was for a Gender and Women's Studies program but still...&nbsp; :blink:

• Rejected for having conflicting values with Liberty University. Maybe it was my two abortions I discussed in my personal statement?
&nbsp;

I'm pretty sure that one is a fake. Liberty doesn't have that program!

I love that one!  I should make it my new catchphrase.   :)

It is a Ron Burgundy quote from Anchorman, in case you didn't know.  My favorite is: "milk was a bad idea", although few under the age of garbleglug#4gaa understand the reference. 

By all means, use it!  :)