Best Rejection Reactions - 2015

ERR_Alpha

Interesting one from someone who got rejected from Georgetown:

"My fiancee had been sleeping on the couch when we got our 4 acceptances. He slept in a bed this week and I got 2 rejections!! What are the odds?? I am rethinking our marriage >:("

Interesting one from someone who got rejected from Georgetown:

"My fiancee had been sleeping on the couch when we got our 4 acceptances. He slept in a bed this week and I got 2 rejections!! What are the odds?? I am rethinking our marriage >:("

That is my new favorite!  My husband just started sleeping on the floor (back injury) so maybe I'll hear some good news this week!  HA!

In Sociology, after a Harvard rejection: "Got into all programs more highly ranked, so it fine."

Stroke that ego to soothe the burn, yeah, yeah, I know how it goes...

Well, to be fair, Harvard isn't the best university out there for sociology contrary to many other disciplines. 

from an accepted student...(?!)

"

• Overcrowded, no career post graduate, from brain drain to brain killer: international students have to be enslaved, racism in admission and promotion. Are you international and minority students? Option is slavery! Or choose other venue."

ummm....

And the winner is...

Gudger College Recording Artist, PhD (F15) Accepted via Postal Service on 27 Feb 2015  A 27 Feb 2015
  • Former superstar at the cracker factory. Adcomm loved my SOP, entitled "Can I Borrow A Feeling?"

Oh here's a good one:

Brown University, American Studies, PhD (F15), Rejected via email on 27 Feb 2015 :

• Amazingly, my rambling SOP with its two blatant typos failed to impress them. Sigh. At least my dog still loves me!

Maybe the key is to use a spellcheck if you are too lazy to read through your entire SOP for a final proofreading... 

Edited by FoggyAnhinga

Someone who got rejected from Cornell's philosophy PhD program wrote:

• Ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still love you. 0a/0w/1r (4) GPA Grad 3.965

Possibly the same person also wrote the following comment (also for being rejected from Cornell's Philosophy program):

We are sharing pictures of Ted Sider laughing at us, poor rejected people. Join the Cuddling Society: www.facebook.com/groups/cuddlingsociety

Oh and what do you know, somebody has a really good way of getting his/her rejection into a song (University of Ottawa Clinical Psychology Masters rejection):

• Haters going to hate hate hate hate, baby, I'm just going to shake shake shake shake shake, I shake it off I shake it off
Edited by FoggyAnhinga

And the winner is..

Gudger College Recording Artist, PhD (F15) Accepted via Postal Service on 27 Feb 2015 ♦ A 27 Feb 2015

Former superstar at the cracker factory. Adcomm loved my SOP, entitled "Can I Borrow A Feeling?"

I just bit my tongue trying not to laugh and wake up my son! Rofl Edited by thepinkdragon76

I don't totally get this one, but the confusing language makes it even better:

• After I have applied to this out of prescience, I found out that it was a better match than others. However, I am sequentially dominated by competitors who possessed better qualifications, and the stable strategy was to be rejected (though in a mixed mood).

I don't totally get this one, but the confusing language makes it even better:

• After I have applied to this out of prescience, I found out that it was a better match than others. However, I am sequentially dominated by competitors who possessed better qualifications, and the stable strategy was to be rejected (though in a mixed mood).

If their SOP was written like that, no wonder they didn't get in. Sounds like a drunken rampage through a thesaurus.

If their SOP was written like that, no wonder they didn't get in. Sounds like a drunken rampage through a thesaurus.

Be a little gentle. While I do find it a little perplexing, and I do enjoy a good joke, this person I could honestly see being a foreigner. I used to work overseas, and a lot of the "kids" I worked with would use google translate to help them convey ideas. Not totally here, but it ALMOST sounds like what's going on here. Just a little devil's advocate.~

• I am the Leonardo DiCaprio of grad schools. Year after year never getting recognized by white old dudes for my good work.

and:

• You poked my heart.

Love the Leonardo one!

Quote:

They wrote: "Your application was absolutely excellent, you were the best applicant ever. But, we were not able to go through your mediocre GREs. Try to retake them and apply next year." OMG :P They wrote blahblah, I say: "Fuck that shit..." Hey men, wasted money, wasted time, wasted everything!!!

Email to check website. First kicked out by PhD program about 20 days ago and then kicked out by the master program...Very disgusting as I got in Princeton's PhD program in ORFE, which is way more prestigious then Stanford's MS&E...Anyway I have already had a much better option, so not very upset~

Email to check website. First kicked out by PhD program about 20 days ago and then kicked out by the master program...Very disgusting as I got in Princeton's PhD program in ORFE, which is way more prestigious then Stanford's MS&E...Anyway I have already had a much better option, so not very upset~

Obviously. Not upset at all.

University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Audiology, Other (F15), 3/5/15

"AuD, seriously? 4.0 GPA, 165 for both sections of the GRE and still got rejected from this school?! I have been accepted to every school but this one. What else do they want? ..an arm and leg? my body? I am not trying to bitter but this school is ridiculously hard to get into. CONDESCENDING MUCH?"

Cornell University,  Mechanical And Aerospace Engineering, PhD (F15), Rejected via E-mail on 5 Mar 2015

"Kim jong un does not like it...!!"

Edited by Guest