MPH CANADA FALL 2015 APPLICANTS

mphcan2015

As a followup to my last post, are we allowed to reject an offer after accepting?

I have 2 days to accept my last offer and have not heard from UofT yet, so I really don't know what to do. I want to accept it as a backup, but UofT is my top choice and I don't want to miss out on it if I get in/

As a followup to my last post, are we allowed to reject an offer after accepting?

I have 2 days to accept my last offer and have not heard from UofT yet, so I really don't know what to do. I want to accept it as a backup, but UofT is my top choice and I don't want to miss out on it if I get in/

Hi mphcan2015. As long as you have not put in a deposit it is alright. If you did then worst case you will lose your money but I think you can easily withdraw an accepted offer. It's funny because I just did this a few min ago! I had to withdraw from Waterloo's accepted offer, I called the school and then I was told to send them an email with some info. Universities are understanding as it happens and because all the acceptance timings vary so much ! 

Good luck! 

I only applied U of SAS distance program, and today, i saw my information changed to decision made "Please contact Admissions Office" do you know what it means?

Does that mean I got waitlisted or they need more info before reviewing again??

so anxious. I only applied to them.

kenamet,

what programs did you apply to at UofA? I've heard back from them for both Global health and Epi (both MPH, no idea what the timeline is like for MSc)

kenamet,

what programs did you apply to at UofA? I've heard back from them for both Global health and Epi (both MPH, no idea what the timeline is like for MSc)

Hi dmonsta,

I applied for Health Policy and Management (an MPH program). I can't seem to find anyone else who applied for that stream.

I only applied U of SAS distance program, and today, i saw my information changed to decision made "Please contact Admissions Office" do you know what it means?

Does that mean I got waitlisted or they need more info before reviewing again??

so anxious. I only applied to them.

I received an acceptance email from the USask Distance Program today.  I also applied to UofT Epi, Guelph MPH, and Queen's MSc in Healthcare Quality.

I already accepted my Queen's offer because the deadline was in late February.

Surprised USask even accepted me.

I received an acceptance email from the USask Distance Program today.  I also applied to UofT Epi, Guelph MPH, and Queen's MSc in Healthcare Quality.

I already accepted my Queen's offer because the deadline was in late February.

Surprised USask even accepted me.

Congrats ! Why surprised? Can I ask what your GPA & experiences were?

Congrats ! Why surprised? Can I ask what your GPA & experiences were?

GPA: ~2.71

~5 Years experience in a Clinical Research Setting (2 years as a student, worked in clinical trials the next three years)

2 Publications (maybe 7 conference abstracts)

2 Small Grants as the primary applicant

Mainly my GPA has been a hindrance since I graduated from school in 2010.  Pretty much knew it would kill whatever odds I had at getting into any Master's. I guess the requirements for acceptance might be slightly different for distance program.

GPA: ~2.71

~5 Years experience in a Clinical Research Setting (2 years as a student, worked in clinical trials the next three years)

2 Publications (maybe 7 conference abstracts)

2 Small Grants as the primary applicant

Mainly my GPA has been a hindrance since I graduated from school in 2010.  Pretty much knew it would kill whatever odds I had at getting into any Master's. I guess the requirements for acceptance might be slightly different for distance program.

Programs actually place a lot of emphasis on volunteer/work experience so that is a great bonus for someone who has a lower GPA. :) Your experiences sound great!

Sorry to hear that! 

How were you contacted? Im still waiting to hear back from them.

I received an e-mail stating that the result of my application had been decided and to check my status online.

Hi all, 

I got accepted by SFU, UBC and McMaster. I have not heard from Queens, Guelph, Alberta. 

Considering that I am an international student, I prefer SFU's Population Health Science Concentration with CEPH accreditation . But I am not sure how I will fund my studies. Can anyone tell me what options will I have to work or get scholarship? If I don't find funding for SFU then I will go for UBC which is offering partial entrance scholarship. 

Any advise will be welcome...

Helloo,

Good news for those who applied to U of T. I think they have begun sending out their "recommendations for admissions" to the SGS. 

I just got an email for U of T (health promotion) that "I have been recommended for admission...At this stage this is a recommendation for admission, as a formal offer can only be made by the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies."

So does this mean I am pretty much in? Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected by the SGS?

Good luck folks!

Helloo,

Good news for those who applied to U of T. I think they have begun sending out their "recommendations for admissions" to the SGS. 

I just got an email for U of T (health promotion) that "I have been recommended for admission...At this stage this is a recommendation for admission, as a formal offer can only be made by the University of Toronto School of Graduate Studies."

So does this mean I am pretty much in? Has anyone heard of anyone getting rejected by the SGS?

Good luck folks!

"recommendation for admission" means you are in. Congrats!

Helloo,

Good luck folks!

Congrats on your acceptance e092! If you don't mind, can you post your stats? I'm thinking about applying for the same program next year.

Helloo,

Good luck folks!

Hey congrats! I got my "recommended for admission" e-mail two weeks before I received an official acceptance from U of T SGS. Don't worry, this means you're in (unless you fail your courses and don't get your undergraduate degree).

Hello! 

I have been accepted into the MPH programs at both UVic and Waterloo (looking to do a distance program while continuing to work full-time). Does anyone have any input or feedback on these programs? UVic offers a thesis option, which is appealing, but Waterloo's courses seem to be more relevant to my interests (health promotion, communications, literacy) compared to UVic's Social Policy emphasis. UVic is also closer to home and seems like the more logical choice logistically, but I'm not sure if Waterloo's program is more prestigious and therefore worth the journey out to Ontario?

UBC was my first choice but I did not get in, so I'm now struggling with this decision.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Congrats to everyone on the acceptances! 

Is anyone else dying to hear from U of T - Epi?  I can't wait any longer!

Same here except for Health Promotion! I don't think results are coming out till early to mid May though. 

I accepted my U Guelph MPH offer of admission yesterday!! Any one who did the same? Waitlisted for MacU. But I'll go with Guelph program. You think I made a good decision?

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when was the deadline to accept for you? 

I accepted my U Guelph MPH offer of admission yesterday!! Any one who did the same? Waitlisted for MacU. But I'll go with Guelph program. You think I made a good decision?

i live in Guelph and i always hear positive feedback about the program.the university has a nice laid back atmosphere and Guelph is absolutely beautiful,i think you made a great decision.i will apply for the program by next fall.

if you need any help about Guelph, feel free to contact me.