Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

6 minutes ago, ItsStumpy said:

Hmm, so apparently my school's adviser mentioned (a few weeks ago) that we'll hear about finalist selection in late January. That may have been old news though, as people here have reported otherwise. 

Either way, I hope decisions come out soon and that we all get recommended!

I think it depends how it's done in the country your applying in. In the UK they've said when the interviews will be (given a 2 week timeframe) and that's the end of January so it wouldn't make sense to notify you so close to when the interviews might actually be, especially if you have to make plans to travel a long way or similar.

Lurkers unite indeed, good luck to everyone I hope everyone gets through :)

1 minute ago, the_imposter said:

I think it depends how it's done in the country your applying in. In the UK they've said when the interviews will be (given a 2 week timeframe) and that's the end of January so it wouldn't make sense to notify you so close to when the interviews might actually be, especially if you have to make plans to travel a long way or similar.

Lurkers unite indeed, good luck to everyone I hope everyone gets through :)

U.K. Interviews are done via phone. No need to travel. 

34 minutes ago, the_imposter said:

I had no idea... Why do they request interview locations in the application form then?

Perhaps they changed it then? My year it was just phone interviews. Maybe for time difference issues?

Just now, Horb said:

Perhaps they changed it then? My year it was just phone interviews. Maybe for time difference issues?

Ah wait a minute, were you in the UK applying to the US or the other way around?

8 minutes ago, lyonessrampant said:

Also just heard I was recommended for research Italy.  Congratulations to everyone else getting good news and condolences to everyone who didn't get good news.

Italy here too (research)! Whoohooo! Hope we both get picked in the next round!

19 minutes ago, gtakaoka said:

Just got my rejection. I was kind of expecting it, so I am not feeling too horrible!

Same! *sigh*