Fall 2016 Applicants

missmend

1 minute ago, Neist said:

Maybe. I'm suspicious of the posting, but even if it is legitimate, we should begin to hear rejections this week.

I have my finger's crossed!

11 minutes ago, RamyaS said:

I believe Cornell is going to speak this week?! Saw something on the results board. 

Good luck to all!

I got a call from my POI on Friday and she said the official letter would be coming this week, though I don't know if they'll do them in waves or not. Good luck to everyone!

I wrote to the graduate field co-ordinator and she said she should have answers by the end of the week. :) 

I honestly do not know what to expect from Cornell. :)

Edited by RamyaS

14 minutes ago, LaurenM said:

I got a call from my POI on Friday and she said the official letter would be coming this week, though I don't know if they'll do them in waves or not. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! 

I guess I was rejected by the program :) 

3 hours ago, HinH said:

Is UC Davis done? I've not heard anything from them - no waitlist, rejection, nothing. It'd be nice to know one way or the other. 

Davis acceptances went out and recruitment is in about 2 weeks, but I know there was a silent wait list last year. Not sure about this year.

Just now, RamyaS said:

Congratulations! 

I guess I was rejected by the program :) 

Thanks! Did you hear officially? When I talked to my POI she said they had just made their decisions in a meeting late on Friday afternoon, so I would think it's likely most people haven't heard yet :) 

@LaurenM No, just the graduate co-ordinator saying that decisions will be out this week. 

But I did not hear from my POI. In fact, when I wrote to my POI before applying she said that the decision rests with the committee blah blah. So I am assuming I have been rejected. :)

On 2/21/2016 at 9:59 PM, prosopographer said:

Hi! I'm a Republican China person. I got the acceptance last week and an email from my POI today. From what I know they're taking up to 4 people for China/Japan/Korea.

That's great ! Who is your POI if you don't mind me asking 

Congrats to everyone who's been admitted, and our fingers are crossed for those of you waiting to hear back from programs! 

I am relieved to know that this season is probably done for me, with a mix of a few acceptances at programs that are a good fit, a few rejections, and a waitlist. I've really appreciated being able to check in with other people during this process to know what's going on out there. Now it's time to make some decisions and get back into the habit of reading all day everyday... 

1 hour ago, RamyaS said:

@LaurenM No, just the graduate co-ordinator saying that decisions will be out this week. 

But I did not hear from my POI. In fact, when I wrote to my POI before applying she said that the decision rests with the committee blah blah. So I am assuming I have been rejected. :)

Yeah, I've been told by my POI that Cornell only made (makes?) 10 offers, and that the DGS is waiting for the respective POIs to contact the admitted students before sending out the official decisions, and that there is a wait-list.

4 minutes ago, emmabear said:

Still haven't heard anything from UCSD even though seems like the acceptances been sent out last week. So annoyed! Does anybody have an insight?

I think they're waiting on approval from the graduate school before updating the online portal. I'd say that if you haven't heard directly from UCSD, chances aren't great. Info has already gone out about admitted students day, etc. 

Just now, nevermind said:

I think they're waiting on approval from the graduate school before updating the online portal. I'd say that if you haven't heard directly from UCSD, chances aren't great. Info has already gone out about admitted students day, etc. 

Sounds reasonable about the online portal. I just want to get my rejection letter to be done with them. Thanks

4 minutes ago, nevermind said:

2 minutes ago, emmabear said:

Sounds reasonable about the online portal. I just want to get my rejection letter to be done with them. Thanks

That's what I was thinking. I just wonder if they've notified all waitlisted candidates already. 

31 minutes ago, stillalivetui said:

That's what I was thinking. I just wonder if they've notified all waitlisted candidates already. 

Received an email from Graduate Admissions: Thank you for applying to UC San Diego.  I can confirm that your application was successfully submitted and is now under review.  You will receive your admissions decision via email.  Please be aware that applications will be reviewed and decisions released throughout winter and spring of 2016.

2 minutes ago, emmabear said:

Received an email from Graduate Admissions: Thank you for applying to UC San Diego.  I can confirm that your application was successfully submitted and is now under review.  You will receive your admissions decision via email.  Please be aware that applications will be reviewed and decisions released throughout winter and spring of 2016.

They really pinned down those timetables, didn't they? :P 

34 minutes ago, emmabear said:

Sounds like nonsense to me. Did you email them inquiring about your application?

3 minutes ago, archersline said:

What is the word with William and Mary? I know a few people have been waitlisted and one acceptance. I assume if you have not heard, it is a no go. 

I am turning down my acceptance this week, so if there is an unofficial waitlist, maybe you will hear good news soon! 

1 minute ago, anxietygirl said:

I am turning down my acceptance this week, so if there is an unofficial waitlist, maybe you will hear good news soon! 

I believe there is an official waitlist (of which I am not a part). However, for those on this board who are that is great news! Congrats to you btw! 

17 minutes ago, archersline said:

I believe there is an official waitlist (of which I am not a part). However, for those on this board who are that is great news! Congrats to you btw! 

Thank you! I was really fortunate to have some options. Hopefully the waitlisters will hear some good news soon! 

8 minutes ago, anxietygirl said:

Thank you! I was really fortunate to have some options. Hopefully the waitlisters will hear some good news soon! 

If I recall correctly, you were waiting from an offer from UCLA, did you get good news from them?

3 hours ago, RamyaS said:

@LaurenM and @bibliomancer are you guys talking about Cornell History or Cornell STS? I was talking about Cornell STS. I am a little confused. Too many application anxieties. :-P

Whoops, sorry! I meant History. Good luck! :)