How many people generally get put on a wait list at each school?

I'm just curious if anyone has any insights as to how many people schools generally put on their wait lists? I've now been wait listed at four different schools, so I'm curious what my odds are of getting accepted off one of them!

All schools are different but If I had to guess I'd say they waitlist about the same amount that they accept.  So if they are looking to get a cohort of 30, they would most likely have at least 30 on the waitlist.  Some schools keep almost everyone on the waitlist because they just don't know how many offers of acceptance are going to be refused.  

Many schools such as UW-Milwaukee have 70 people or more on the waitlist, and their desired class size is 25

70? That is absolutely ridiculous! 

Iona's waitlist this year apparently has 60 people on it, and I'm one of them. According to ASHA Edfind, last year their target class size was 15. I sincerely hope that number has increased because 60 seems like a ridiculously high number and is extremely discouraging, but now that I see other schools with that number or higher for their wait lists i feel a little better.

U of Iowa has their wait list stats on the website. I think it was 40? 

It might be worth it to call your programs and ask about your status. Each department is different.

U of Iowa has their wait list stats on the website. I think it was 40? 

It might be worth it to call your programs and ask about your status. Each department is different.

I second this. I contacted a school to see where I was on the wait list and they were able to at least let me know which "quadrant" I was in. Make sure they didn't specifically tell you to not contact them about where you are on the wait list though...I had one school do that!

I asked Iona if they could give me my ranking, they said

"At this point in time, we are not notifying students of rank position. Should you be accepted, you will be notified immediately via email and mail.  "

sooooo frustrating

I asked Iona if they could give me my ranking, they said

"At this point in time, we are not notifying students of rank position. Should you be accepted, you will be notified immediately via email and mail. "

sooooo frustrating

That's so disheartening to hear, I was going to e-mail and ask as well. Guess we'll just have to keep the faith as best we can.

Do you guys think we'll actually hear back this week, or will it take schools a few days to get situated and notify us? I have such a busy week and I don't want to lose my focus my worrying about wait lists.

I think the soonest we will be hearing back will be Thursday April 16th but I think it will be most probably next week or so. It also depends on where we are on the list! We all have to remember that if it's meant to be it will happen!

Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist! I've been waitlisted into Portland State (2nd tier) and Southern Connecticut State University. Does any know how people are on their waitlists??? I feel like Portland State won't happen because I am not on the top tier and Southern Connecticut won't give out where I am on their list so let's hope for the best.