2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

5 minutes ago, Infinito said:

Yup. Now to make sure there are no conflicts by waiting until the 30th to respond, LOL.

If you have schools you are still waiting to hear about and they are of higher interest to you, I think it is fair to contact an admin to find out 1. if results will be available prior to the 30th and/or when possible interview dates are since you are very interested in their program and are trying to avoid scheduling another interview but have received offers.  If this is your top pick then say yes.  Schools know 1. who their competition is and 2. when their competition interviews. 

15 minutes ago, peachypie said:

If you have schools you are still waiting to hear about and they are of higher interest to you, I think it is fair to contact an admin to find out 1. if results will be available prior to the 30th and/or when possible interview dates are since you are very interested in their program and are trying to avoid scheduling another interview but have received offers.  If this is your top pick then say yes.  Schools know 1. who their competition is and 2. when their competition interviews. 

Giving you reputation for the smart answer.

But real talk: Can all of us on Grad Cafe sign a petition so that all Council of Graduate Schools institutions do a thing like match day for med students? Like they all tell us when we are admitted on the same day (so they have to figure the apps out by then), and then to bid for dates each year (so that they don't conflict)? 
Arggg.

34 minutes ago, Infinito said:

Giving you reputation for the smart answer.

But real talk: Can all of us on Grad Cafe sign a petition so that all Council of Graduate Schools institutions do a thing like match day for med students? Like they all tell us when we are admitted on the same day (so they have to figure the apps out by then), and then to bid for dates each year (so that they don't conflict)? 
Arggg.

I feel that would just make decisions come out later, although all at the same time. Idk if that's preferable

1 hour ago, Ferroportin said:

Just got an email invite for UCSF BMS!

1 hour ago, Metbio2016 said:

UCSF BMS!!! For those curious about tracks- my number 1 I put down was tissue/organ biology and endocrinology followed by neurobiology. Hope everyone else finds out soon also!

1 hour ago, Earl said:

UCSF BMS!!!

19 minutes ago, apple93 said:

UCSF BMS too!! ^.^

Congrats guys! That's a top tier program too.  I'm here biting my nails over when Tetrad will be coming out :P 

Argggh has anyone who got a UCSF BMS invite had immunology as a top track?  I'm kind of sad now.

EDIT: Someone on the survey did.  Now actually really sad.  Oh well, fingers crossed for Harvard on Sunday! 

Edited by biochemgirl67

5 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Argggh has anyone who got a UCSF BMS invite had immunology as a top track?  I'm kind of sad now.

No I didn't put immunology as a top track. I got the email pretty late today (~7pm PST), so maybe they will continue sending out invites tomorrow!

1 minute ago, apple93 said:

No I didn't put immunology as a top track. I got the email pretty late today (~7pm PST), so maybe they will continue sending out invites tomorrow!

Thanks for the response.  My edit says I found one on the results survey.  I think I just didn't get one this time... and I'm trying to be okay with that.  (It's like 50% working but still)

8 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

Thanks for the response.  My edit says I found one on the results survey.  I think I just didn't get one this time... and I'm trying to be okay with that.  (It's like 50% working but still)

I wouldn't lose all hope. As I posted before, my friend told me his former UCSF PI said BMS invites would come out Dec 18th. The PI is in immuno so maybe, immuno invites are coming out a bit later?

14 minutes ago, biochemgirl67 said:

I applied immuno track here as well, didn't hear from them this evening...feeling a bit down since I thought I would be a good fit in a couple labs :(

anyone have good Netflix recommendations? 

Just now, jaesango said:

I applied immuno track here as well, didn't hear from them this evening...feeling a bit down since I thought I would be a good fit in a couple labs :(

anyone have good Netflix recommendations? 

Master of none! Fresh and funny 

10 minutes ago, mwgskol said:

Master of none! Fresh and funny 

AH i've been meaning to watch that! Someone needs to take this computer away from me so I stop overanalyzing survey results from 4 years ago and twiddling my thumbs over when UW MCB will be sending out invites... lol

58 minutes ago, gyrase said:

AH i've been meaning to watch that! Someone needs to take this computer away from me so I stop overanalyzing survey results from 4 years ago and twiddling my thumbs over when UW MCB will be sending out invites... lol

should be pretty soon ... i heard apps are in final stages of review this week so invites should be coming out soon ... they are also pretty good at sending out rejections along with interviews so you don't have to sit around wondering ... 

7 minutes ago, Farafeelo said:

does anyone know if you are interviewing for 2 programs at the same school ... do you just go visit the school twice or do you they perhaps let you interview with both programs in one weekend? 

I think you'd go twice. Probably don't have time to interview at two programs in the same weekend and they probably have different dates.