MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

28 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Where did you apply JW? Working on your website is certainly a productive means of distraction! 

Hi, hypoart.

I applied 

CalArts

Yale 

SMFA boston

Pratt

SVA

Cranbrook

RISD

SAIC

8 schools.

14 minutes ago, nikcav said:

As am I. I work with duel monitors, so it's really easy to have this forum and my email pulled up on one side and my work on the other.

same

11 minutes ago, JW said:

Yeahh I don't have a job now

It also bothers me

Solidarity, JW.  I understand :) 

Nice list of schools--I hope that you get accepted to your top choice/best fit school! 

5 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Solidarity, JW.  I understand :) 

Nice list of schools--I hope that you get accepted to your top choice/best fit school! 

Thank you, hypoart.

I hope you get accepted to best fit school too! :-P

Am I the only one having problems with all that bureaucracy stuff? Ugrrrrhh that makes me so nervous. At UMass Dartmouth my transcript considered as missed document, however I know for sure that it has been delivered three weks ago! I can't reach the university both by phone or mail. :( So silly to get a rejection because of one stupid sheet of paper.

Well, just had a mini heart-attack thanks to UT Austin. Got home and found a letter in the mail from their admissions office. I assumed immediate rejection, only to open it and find that it was just them saying my application was received with a link to check on the status of my application. And the site still says my application is in review. 

@hypoart I expect you should be on the lookout for that letter too.

Edited by nikcav

1 minute ago, le.xenia said:

Am I the only one having problems with all that bureaucracy stuff? Ugrrrrhh that makes me so nervous. At UMass Dartmouth my transcript considered as missed document, however I know for sure that it has been delivered three weks ago! I can't reach the university both by phone or mail. :( So silly to get a rejection because of one stupid sheet of paper.

I think you'll likely just have to follow up again.  If you have a confirmation email from your undergrad registrar's office (or third party service), perhaps it would be a good idea to include it in a follow up email.  I had a similar thing happen to me a day after I submitted one of my apps.  The confirmation email seemed to solve the issue/they found the transcripts.  Hope everything works out in your favor! 

5 minutes ago, nikcav said:

Well, just had a mini heart-attack thanks to UT Austin. Got home and found a letter in the mail from their admissions office. I assumed immediate rejection, only to open it and find that it was just them saying my application was received with a link to check on the status of my application. And the site still says my application is in review. 

@hypoart I expect you should be on the lookout for that letter too.

I freaked out just reading your post, haha.  That's interesting that they would send something by post and not just an email (good sign, I hope!).  I'm going for a walk to my mailbox! 

4 minutes ago, hypoart said:

I think you'll likely just have to follow up again.  If you have a confirmation email from your undergrad registrar's office (or third party service), perhaps it would be a good idea to include it in a follow up email.  I had a similar thing happen to me a day after I submitted one of my apps.  The confirmation email seemed to solve the issue/they found the transcripts.  Hope everything works out in your favor! 

Thanks for the advice! However, I have already sent them confirmation, but haven't recieve any answer. Maybe they're still evaluating a transcript, because I'm an international student, but it is weird though that they don't respond. In other schools everything is okay. Maybe it is just an apocalypse that has started from Umass. Or they found my portfolio so bad, that they don't want to process my application haha.

17 hours ago, le.xenia said:

Email Anthony Fisher about it, I met with him when I was touring the school, he is fantastic and just an all around amazing gentleman. He should be able to figure it out for you, his email is

afisher@umassd.edu

Evidence I will not make it to March:

1. I'm having the worst bought of insomnia lately....and drinking chamomile is making me have weird dreams about professors at the schools I've applied to..

2. One of the profs from UChicago was literally just at an opening in Houston on Friday and, instead of saying something to him, I sat there glancing at him...chanting in my head "you will be one of my professors next year--see me!"

3. This morning I got a phone call from Pennsylvania (I did not apply to any schools there) that rang once and hung up. Obviously spam, but for a second there I was really excited/nervous and then painfully disappointed. 

I am losing my mind. It's official. 

Oh hellfire. Woke up this morning to an email from UPenn reminding me to send a second set of transcripts. Now fumbling through multiple transcript-ordering processes during morning coffee, using an internet connection that has decided not to load properly unless I stare at each browser window, concentrating furiously.

Currently obsessing over external video embed load/play stats over here. Big mistake to open that can of worms. (I can see they're being loaded via SlideRoom embeds, but don't have specific geographical info. Which is probably for the best.)

2 hours ago, Tenbu said:

Email Anthony Fisher about it, I met with him when I was touring the school, he is fantastic and just an all around amazing gentleman. He should be able to figure it out for you, his email is

afisher@umassd.edu

Thank you so much! Did you like the school, by the way?

Actually, yesterday I sent an email to the Director of Design graduate program and attached an unofficial copy, and today he replied that he will consider my application even without an official one. Still, I can't imagine where it could get lost.

5 minutes ago, tincanevening said:

I just received an email of acceptance of UW-Madison! They're quick. 

Wow, awesome!! When was their deadline? Are they your top choice? Where else did you apply? 

That's fabulous news, seriously congrats!!

3 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Wow, awesome!! When was their deadline? Are they your top choice? Where else did you apply? 

That's fabulous news, seriously congrats!!

Thanks cpw0021! Congrats on your interview for Chicago:) How exciting!

Madison's deadline was 1/5, with TAship interviews still to come. Funding will play a huge part in who my top choice ends up being. I just updated my signature with my list of schools. Fingers crossed for more good news for us all! 

1 hour ago, tincanevening said:

I just received an email of acceptance of UW-Madison! They're quick. 

You've been blessed with the first acceptance of the forum, congratulations!  Hope the TAship interview goes well.

2 hours ago, tincanevening said:

Thanks cpw0021! Congrats on your interview for Chicago:) How exciting!

Madison's deadline was 1/5, with TAship interviews still to come. Funding will play a huge part in who my top choice ends up being. I just updated my signature with my list of schools. Fingers crossed for more good news for us all! 

Thanks and I hope your interview goes well! 

23 hours ago, le.xenia said:

Thank you so much! Did you like the school, by the way?

Actually, yesterday I sent an email to the Director of Design graduate program and attached an unofficial copy, and today he replied that he will consider my application even without an official one. Still, I can't imagine where it could get lost.

The school was extremely nice, they just recently bought a new art building, so the studios were clean and the work space was fresh! there are studios in the area that are super cheap and right across from the art school, I had lunch with some of the students and they all raved about how great the program was and how nice the funding was. I am applying to U Mass Dartmouth as well for painting because of how great the program felt.