2016 Applicants

@Gingiestrong I just saw your comment and YES. UA is taking way longer than is necessary. And I keep hearing a bunch of different things. Someone posted on the results board that UA is sending out results at the end of next week. But two people at the UA with me have said that they'll send out results by tomorrow. So I'm not sure. I just want to know before Spring Break. :(

Has anyone heard from SFSU?  I went to an interview... It was on Monday, so I know it's probably too early... I'm just dying to know!!  I only applied to SFSU and SJSU and SJSU told us they won't tell us until April. The waiting is killing me!

24 minutes ago, eggfish said:

I'm thinking about emailing University of Washington to figure out why I was rejected.  I was really hoping to at least get waitlisted :(

I would not bother emailing, it looks like you got into a few great programs! It can be off putting to email about why you got rejected and may do more harm than good in the long run.

I was accepted to 3 programs and rejected from U of Akron where I thought I'd be wait listed, but if its not meant to be its not meant to be.

1 hour ago, racoomelon said:

@Gingiestrong I just saw your comment and YES. UA is taking way longer than is necessary. And I keep hearing a bunch of different things. Someone posted on the results board that UA is sending out results at the end of next week. But two people at the UA with me have said that they'll send out results by tomorrow. So I'm not sure. I just want to know before Spring Break. :(

Oh god, my anxiety just intensified with the thought of results being sent out tomorrow haha. Maybe they will start sending out decisions tomorrow and continue through the end of next week?? 

Idk but this picture has never been more accurate.

VW9LeaBh.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gingiestrong said:

Oh god, my anxiety just intensified with the thought of results being sent out tomorrow haha. Maybe they will start sending out decisions tomorrow and continue through the end of next week?? 

I honestly don't know at this point anymore. I'm hearing a little bit of everything at this point and I'm not sure what to believe. <_< If you hear anything, let me know. I might email Denise on Friday if we still haven't heard anything, just to make myself feel better.

That picture is exactly how I feel.

I called UW Seattle this week (because patience is clearly not my virtue) and found out that the MedSLP admits might find out about the only possible funding we qualify for - tomorrow.  (recruitment scholarships)

After that, I seriously think I will be taking a break from grad cafe for a while, because I am finding it way too intense.  I had a nightmare that I accidentally hit the "decline acceptance" button for all my schools last night.  ?

6 minutes ago, Jolie717 said:

I called UW Seattle this week (because patience is clearly not my virtue) and found out that the MedSLP admits might find out about the only possible funding we qualify for - tomorrow.  (recruitment scholarships)

After that, I seriously think I will be taking a break from grad cafe for a while, because I am finding it way too intense.  I had a nightmare that I accidentally hit the "decline acceptance" button for all my schools last night.  ?

You too?  I get so scared when I reread my acceptance letter because I'm scared of accidentally deleting it or declining acceptance.

This might be a really stupid question - but to those of you who have gotten acceptance letters in the mail, have they typically been regular one-page letters or a whole packet? I remember applying for undergrad and hearing the whole thing about how rejections are small envelopes and acceptances are big packets, but I only got rejected by one school then and it was done online so I have no idea what to expect!

6 hours ago, chg38 said:

Anyone hear from Emerson today, acceptance or otherwise? Can't figure out if they're doing it alphabetically, in order of the interviews; or only acceptances first...

I have an "S" last name and interviewed at 4 o'clock on Sunday, 2/28. Emerson posted my acceptance on Wednesday and fellowship offer late on Thursday.  However, I wouldn't worry about it yet--it took them a week after they started interview invitations to send me one (believe me, it was a week of panic and despair).  It seems like they tend to do things bit-by-bit...who knows?  It could be that they receive decision lists from different pairs/groups of faculty at slightly different times.

1 hour ago, slptobe92 said:

This might be a really stupid question - but to those of you who have gotten acceptance letters in the mail, have they typically been regular one-page letters or a whole packet? I remember applying for undergrad and hearing the whole thing about how rejections are small envelopes and acceptances are big packets, but I only got rejected by one school then and it was done online so I have no idea what to expect!

My acceptance letters from Dallas (one from the graduate school and one from the department) were both just regular business sized envelopes with a one-page letter 

5 hours ago, slptobe92 said:

Got my BWU and Kent letters which came in a normal envelope with 2 pieces of paper! But my email acceptance came way earlier and was the exact same letter as the one in the mail. 

So don't worry if you see a thin letter!

18 hours ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Just got a second acceptance at Governors State University! I never expected that I would have to make a decision between grad schools. Thankful to be in this position :rolleyes:

WOOOO :) You might even get into some of the others ones!

4 minutes ago, Rorororosy said:

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DECIDE!?

GOOD QUESTION!! I'm going to wait for funding decisions to come, and then I am going to cry a lot and pray a lot and write out the longest pro/con lists in history and it's going to be so stressful. I am so blessed and honored to have multiple choices, but I would have been pleased as punch to just have one and not have to decide.

23 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

GOOD QUESTION!! I'm going to wait for funding decisions to come, and then I am going to cry a lot and pray a lot and write out the longest pro/con lists in history and it's going to be so stressful. I am so blessed and honored to have multiple choices, but I would have been pleased as punch to just have one and not have to decide.

Good luck! I do miss me some alabama, have you not heard back from them yet?

1 minute ago, Rorororosy said:

Good luck! I do miss me some alabama, have you not heard back from them yet?

I have not. I'm not expecting anything until after spring break (next week). Are you from Bama?

4 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

I have not. I'm not expecting anything until after spring break (next week). Are you from Bama?

I lived in Daphne for a year and half, I am from texas but alabama will forever have a place in my heart :) Currently in baltimore.  Still waiting for on a letter from Howard and hopefully get off a waitlist. I hate waitlists!

6 minutes ago, Rorororosy said:

I lived in Daphne for a year and half, I am from texas but alabama will forever have a place in my heart :) Currently in baltimore.  Still waiting for on a letter from Howard and hopefully get off a waitlist. I hate waitlists!

Oh gotcha! I have a few friends from Daphne. I'm leaning pretty heavily toward Texas for grad school. 

Yeah waitlists must be so painful! I would literally pull my hair out haha I'll be praying for you to get in!! When do you think you'll hear from Howard?

Guys, is it rude to email the program director to ask when we can expect to hear back? The program I'm interested in (Arizona) sent out an email last week letting us know that they were running behind, but I'm not sure how behind they are. I'd like a rough date so that I know when to expect the news.

I'm getting so antsy it's not even funny. :wacko:

45 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

Guys, is it rude to email the program director to ask when we can expect to hear back? The program I'm interested in (Arizona) sent out an email last week letting us know that they were running behind, but I'm not sure how behind they are. I'd like a rough date so that I know when to expect the news.

I feel like it's totally acceptable in this situation. Like they initially told us a firm date of March 7th and then didn't stick to it, so they can't be too mad if people start questioning when we'll hear back lol. If you're worried about emailing, you could always justify it by saying that you need to make a decision soon on your other acceptances (idk if this is true or not for you). 

52 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

I emailed the schools that didn't give a specific date in any previous emails and asked. They were all really nice about it :)