2016 Applicants

1 hour ago, rzilby said:

Yup, got the rejection. At least I didn't have anything fun planned tonight. I'd rather be disappointed studying than disappointed while hanging out with friends.

Sorry to hear about your rejection/waitlists :(

Don't write off your other schools yet though!! 

1 hour ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Sorry to hear about your rejection/waitlists :(

Don't write off your other schools yet though!! 

Thanks. I think I'd rather not be too hopeful. At least then I'd be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed :( At least the good news is the wait is over either way in a week or two.

I got rejected from my first choice today. I'm a lot less upset about it than I thought I would be.

Maybe that means it was't really my first choice after all? Either way, now my first choice is just gonna be the better of the 3 schools who haven't given me a definitive answer yet. Assuming I get any acceptances at all...

5 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

gah a rejection i actually cared about -_- MGH 

someone posted as waitlisted with lower stats than mine.. that bugs me

I was waitlisted at a school where I saw people with higher stats get rejected. I guess it's good though that it's not all about the numbers!

Just now, slptobe92 said:

I was waitlisted at a school where I saw people with higher stats get rejected. I guess it's good though that it's not all about the numbers!

lol the numbers were the only thing that could have been wrong with the application.. i think all schools need to do interviews. thats the only way u can get to know the person within 15min span of time.

but thats just me :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, Puffer Fish said:

I got rejected from my first choice today. I'm a lot less upset about it than I thought I would be.

Maybe that means it was't really my first choice after all? Either way, now my first choice is just gonna be the better of the 3 schools who haven't given me a definitive answer yet. Assuming I get any acceptances at all...

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear this, Puffer Fish. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I'm sure something will work out.

1 hour ago, OverCaffeinated said:

lol the numbers were the only thing that could have been wrong with the application.. i think all schools need to do interviews. thats the only way u can get to know the person within 15min span of time.

but thats just me :ph34r:

Nah - even interviews won't do it.  Studies have shown that job interviews do not provide a good indication of how well an applicant does in a position.  Interviews provide very superficial information about people - think about how well an introvert might do in a typical interview setting vs an extrovert.  I think the universities do the best they can (for the most part) with the resources they have.  I wouldn't be upset at someone who gets into a program over me based on stats alone, because there are so many other factors at play.  I read an SOP that literally blew my mind for an applicant that had lower-end stats.  This person also had amazing rapport and in-depth experience working with the faculty writing the letters of rec.  

Usf is giving me such a headache 

they just emailed me asking to upload the gre scores , the toefl exam and the transcript with a bachelors degree to their application. None of which makes sense since thy said that the gre doesn't need to be uploaded since CSDCAS already has a copy. Furthermore I won't get my degree until June cause like about 90% of the people I graduate this semester but the official date is June. And I don't have the toefl exam because my university's primary language is English and I'm not an international student. 

Did eveyone have to do this...? The toefl especially ? 

9 minutes ago, flapjackal said:

I just received an acceptance from Purdue! I'm floored. I really considered this program a reach. ;-;

Congratulations!!

Thank you! 

I'm not sure of exactly what decision to make now because I was already accepted by an in-state program (3 years of grad school is a lot, so in-state tuition and potential aid is a big sell). I'll just have to wait to see if I get any funding from Purdue before making a decision. I expected my application to be tossed too because their portal didn't list my transcript as received. :x 

asdfghjkl; I'm so happy

2 hours ago, OverCaffeinated said:

Usf is giving me such a headache 

they just emailed me asking to upload the gre scores , the toefl exam and the transcript with a bachelors degree to their application. None of which makes sense since thy said that the gre doesn't need to be uploaded since CSDCAS already has a copy. Furthermore I won't get my degree until June cause like about 90% of the people I graduate this semester but the official date is June. And I don't have the toefl exam because my university's primary language is English and I'm not an international student. 

Did eveyone have to do this...? The toefl especially ? 

UTD kept sending me emails asking for my graduate transcript (which I won't have until the end of this semester). I think they need it by the time you enroll in the program / before enrollment starts. The director for UTD said not to worry about, and they tend to confuse a lot of people with those emails. I would email the program director to double check, though. 

How long does it take for Radford to update your application status online?  I got the acceptance letter last Friday, but website still says application is under review. 

3 hours ago, racoomelon said:

UTD kept sending me emails asking for my graduate transcript (which I won't have until the end of this semester). I think they need it by the time you enroll in the program / before enrollment starts. The director for UTD said not to worry about, and they tend to confuse a lot of people with those emails. I would email the program director to double check, though. 

I just got an email saying I'm on wait list so they didn't really need any of those things... Not sure what's going on with them

4 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

Just received my acceptance for Boston university. First choice. Couldn't be happier :wub:

That's awesome! Congrats!!

I just read somewhere that they are making a decision tomorrow, March 9th, and we should be hearing back soon after. I'm sooo nervous. I really want to get into Gallaudet!! 

1 hour ago, OverCaffeinated said:

Just received my acceptance for Boston university. First choice. Couldn't be happier :wub:

Congratulations!!!!!  Doesn't it feel amazing, getting into your first choice school?  I got my acceptance a month ago today, and I still feel like I'm floating!