Fall 2016 Applicants

morlvera

10 minutes ago, Joy418 said:

Is anyone still waiting on Michigan or Chicago? I still haven't heard back.

I received my rejection from Chicago today via the website.  I am not too disappointed because truthfully, it was not the best fit.

Just now, ediblestranger said:

I received my rejection from Chicago today via the website.  I am not too disappointed because truthfully, it was not the best fit.

Aww sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you're feeling ok with it. Originally it was one of my first choices but more and more I'm feeling like it isn't quite right for me.

8 minutes ago, Joy418 said:

Aww sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you're feeling ok with it. Originally it was one of my first choices but more and more I'm feeling like it isn't quite right for me.

Thanks.  Yeah, fit is one of the most important considerations.  It's good to have options, but it is probably possible to have too many.  Anyway, I am much more relaxed about potential rejections now that I have been accepted into two of my top choices.  You've gotten into some really great programs as well!  I hope at least one of them is among your top choices!

2 minutes ago, ediblestranger said:

Thanks.  Yeah, fit is one of the most important considerations.  It's good to have options, but it is probably possible to have too many.  Anyway, I am much more relaxed about potential rejections now that I have been accepted into two of my top choices.  You've gotten into some really great programs as well!  I hope at least one of them is among your top choices!

Thanks! WUSTL is my #1, but I think I'd really enjoy any of the schools :)

31 minutes ago, ediblestranger said:

Wow, two decisions back to back - just receive my acceptance from Pitt!  Although not that exciting with their guaranteed admission and all.

1 minute ago, ediblestranger said:

Wow, two decisions back to back - just receive my acceptance from Pitt!  Although not that exciting with their guaranteed admission and all.

That's exactly how I felt with Pitt! Haha. But they should be sending out scholarship awards in like 2 weeks. So that has the potential to be more exciting.

Does anyone have knowledge of UChicago's waitlist? I've accepted a slot on the list and it's one of my top choices due to the generalist/interdisciplinary focus as well of its generous funding, but I've already received two acceptances and am unsure if I will have to wait until after June or so to hear back (I know some schools like Michigan and UWashington are notorious for their delayed notifications for those on the waitlist and some have waited until August to hear back).

Edited by morningjunky

I inquired about UCLA admissions and this is what they said: 

"Applications are currently under review. Please expect to receive decisions mid-late March.

Kindest Regards,

UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs

Department of Social Welfare

Phone: 310-825-7737

www.luskin.ucla.edu/social-welfare"

Edited by kamber

I figure I'll just add other programs that I inquired about via email:

Cal State University Long Beach:  You can check the status of your CSULB application through the following link: http://www.csulb.edu/depts/enrollment/admissions/applicant.html.  The School of Social Work will not track the status of your CSULB application for you.

San Francisco State University: "Admission decision is not yet finalized. Decisions will be made by end of Spring semester. We do not have a date of when they will be released, but should be done by end of Spring semester."

Boston University:  "Thank you for your interest in our School.  Your application is complete, and we do not require any additional materials from you  We don't have any admissions decisions yet, but you should be hearing from us on or around March 1st." 

Edited by kamber

18 minutes ago, Marley said:

Does anyone know University of Washington's timeline regarding their MSW program? Haven't heard a word on their end since I finished my application in December.

This is listed on their application instruction document:

Application Deadlines:

• December 1, 2015 - Early Consideration Deadline (Students will receive an admission decision at the end of February)
  • January 4, 2016 - Regular Consideration Deadline (Students will receive an admission decision at the end of March)

I applied by the January deadline so I expect a longer wait, but hopefully you'll receive some news in the next 2-3 weeks!

37 minutes ago, Marley said:

Does anyone know University of Washington's timeline regarding their MSW program? Haven't heard a word on their end since I finished my application in December.

I applied for the early consideration as well, haven't heard anything either. It seems that early consideration in the results section shows Feb 26-28 from what I can tell.

I'm more dying... Portland state sent e-mails out saying they've made their decision... but sending it over to the graduate admissions office will take up to 3 weeks to get back (should be by Feb 12th?) I only applied to UW and PSU so I'm definitely an anxious mess.

@LAT Portland is making me incredibly anxious. It sucks knowing they've made the decision yet you have to wait. I called the PSU grad school on Friday and checked on my application and they said they hadn't received the MSW decisions yet. The wait is killing me. 

I am also applying in the fall of 2016 for the 2017-2018 year. I am going to be applying for a Masters in Social Work in all areas. Here are the schools I'm planning on applying to:

Columbia

NYU

Howard

Boston University

WashU

UCLA 

Yale (BIG maybe)

University of Denver

I'm hoping I can gain some summer experience or volunteer work somehow. I live in a small town so it's somewhat hard to keep my options open when there aren't many options available.

Good luck to everyone in this thread! 

Thanks LAT and RCtheSS for your answers!

As a note for people waiting on a reply for UMichigan's MSW program, definitely double check that your Wolverine Access page says that your MSW application is complete even if you know that it is! I called the Office of Admissions to double-check on this and was told that they'd lost a part of my application. I assured the nice person on the phone that I knew for a fact that all of  LOR and essays were uploaded; she was able to locate the missing documents but I imagine this completely delays the processing for an application that I finished on 12/01! Just thought I'd share this so that this doesn't happens to someone else.

Accepted into Berkeley History PhD Program, so excited I could explode. Now I just need to figure out how to stop compulsively rechecking my other applications. Also, has anyone heard back on U of Chicago, I'm seeing a bunch of admissions decisions on the site and I'm freaking out. 

Good luck to everyone else out there and if you're going to Berkeley in the Fall shoot me a message!

12 hours ago, BrendonSW said:

@LAT Portland is making me incredibly anxious. It sucks knowing they've made the decision yet you have to wait. I called the PSU grad school on Friday and checked on my application and they said they hadn't received the MSW decisions yet. The wait is killing me. 

Oh my god you called?! I was thinking about it but *sigh*

12 hours ago, Sallyplant said:

Accepted into Berkeley History PhD Program, so excited I could explode. Now I just need to figure out how to stop compulsively rechecking my other applications. Also, has anyone heard back on U of Chicago, I'm seeing a bunch of admissions decisions on the site and I'm freaking out. 

Good luck to everyone else out there and if you're going to Berkeley in the Fall shoot me a message!

Congrats on Berkeley! Are you looking at programs for history or an MSW?

I still haven't heard back from UChicago and have no idea what that could mean.