Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

Hey y'all.

I've been creeping this forum for a while and wanted to peek my head in!

A bit about my MSW application experience..... I applied two years ago and got waitlisted to UofT and didn't hear anything and applied to Laurier and got turned down for missing 300 hours of work (despite the fact that I was already working full time in my field and could get those hours in no time at all). I applied last year and got waitlisted to UofT but never heard anything and got accepted to UVic but then didn't go just because I changed my mind about relocating so far since I'm from Kitchener. 

This year, I just applied to Laurier and just heard back with some great news! So it looks like the waves of acceptances are FINALLY beginning. It's been quite the journey.

Bonne chance to everybody! 

1 minute ago, CalendarGirl said:

have you heard anything? apparently some acceptances went out and i'm really hoping for another round!!!

No! I haven't heard anything yet! I've just lost all hope! :(

Hey guys,

So I applied to UofT and in the application when it said collaborative programs I wrote down my choice. I thought that for the MSW 2 year you got to choose to do that/specialize after the first year. But now I feel so silly because I think you were supposed to apply separely to the other faculty as well. Can anyone confirm this? I feel so worried about this :(
Do you think it will effect my chances of getting accepted?

4 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

From what I see, not everyone has heard back!! Last year they sent out acceptances two days in a row. Lets hope for tomorrow...I really have lost hope as well... plan b I guess

I really hope we get accepted! Fingers crossed. What is your plan b? 

3 minutes ago, msw0913 said:

I really hope we get accepted! Fingers crossed. What is your plan b? 

I have been  accepted to the university of waterloo bsw program it is 1.5 years!! ( i live in waterloo, so this is okay for me...not ideal but I think I still have things to learn and experience to gain.)

Edited by CalendarGirl

14 minutes ago, ChristopherMcG said:

Mun says decision made if anyone else has applied there! Have to wait for it to come by mail--dying 

Ahh! My friend just told me his says decision made too. Mine still says "Application Complete" Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I guess time will tell :) Good luck!

HELP! 

I receive this message when I click on my MSW link on LORIS. Today I accepted another program at Laurier, I was wondering did they rule me out because I accepted the other offer?

Each year Wilfrid Laurier University receives a large number of applications for a limited number of openings in our graduate programs. The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is unable to accept you as a candidate for the Master of Social Work (MSW 2 Yr) program. On behalf of the program, thank you for submitting an application to Wilfrid Laurier University. 

Admission Decision Application unsuccessful

@msw0913 I am also seeing the same message on LORIS, I guess Laurier decided we were rejected :(

I've still heard nothing from UoT and York. 

Edited by msw.ang

2 minutes ago, msw.ang said:

@msw0913 I am also seeing the same message, I guess we were rejected :(

Sorry guys <3 mine says nothing yet.... I don't know what is going on.... I wish you both the best!! You will be social workers, we just need to persistent! look at all of the people who apply multiple years!

39 minutes ago, WaitingWaiting4 said:

Ahh! My friend just told me his says decision made too. Mine still says "Application Complete" Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I guess time will tell :) Good luck!

Good luck to you too!

51 minutes ago, msw.ang said:

@msw0913 I am also seeing the same message on LORIS, I guess Laurier decided we were rejected :(

I'm so sorry. I just checked mine and it says the same, so I understand the heartbreak. 

Fingers crossed we still get good news from one of the other schools! 

3 minutes ago, CG_MSW said:

I'm so sorry. I just checked mine and it says the same, so I understand the heartbreak. 

Fingers crossed we still get good news from one of the other schools! 

Hey guys,

when did your loris change?!! I have been checking my excessively and I see references and thats it...

24 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey guys,

when did your loris change?!! I have been checking my excessively and I see references and thats it...

I assume it changed earlier in the day when the acceptances went out. I just didn't think to check until I saw the posts on here because I was thinking they'd email you either the good news or bad.

2 hours ago, WaitingWaiting4 said:

Ahhhh!!!  Now I get to stalk my mailman instead of the MUN site!   Good luck you guys! :)

Hey! Just want to chime in! I am a current MSW student at Laurier and last year they sent out acceptances in a few waves. So don't lose hope yet! I also know there were a few people accepted off the wait list! 

42 minutes ago, dexy77 said:

Hey! Just want to chime in! I am a current MSW student at Laurier and last year they sent out acceptances in a few waves. So don't lose hope yet! I also know there were a few people accepted off the wait list! 

Thank you for this!!! I'm hoping! How many waves did they have last year 

2 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

Thank you for this!!! I'm hoping! How many waves did they have last year 

Three (max. four) to my recollection. But in quite rapid succession.

Edited by dexy77

4 minutes ago, dexy77 said:

Three (max. four) to my recollection. But in quite rapid succession.

That is really good to know!! I am so so hopeful, laurier is my dream school. I saw that others were showing rejections on their loris, mine just has references, not sure what this means :/