Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

2 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

has anyone heard from laurier? something tells me we will hear between friday and monday!

I haven't heard anything yet. I've literally not been able to concentrate on anything because I'm waiting for the decisions! 

5 minutes ago, msw0913 said:

I haven't heard anything yet. I've literally not been able to concentrate on anything because I'm waiting for the decisions! 

Me neither. Where are you checking for Laurier? The online viewing system seems to have no indication of what the decision status is. 

19 minutes ago, rachberks said:

Did only one person on here see a ROSI update today? Hoping the 3rd wave isn't over with. 

My ROSI still says no registration history. What is the "3rd wave"? Does it mean that they are reviewing in batches or that we're like...3rd choice? 

1 minute ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Me neither. Where are you checking for Laurier? The online viewing system seems to have no indication of what the decision status is. 

Laurier sends an email. I've been refreshing my email a million times a day! 

2 minutes ago, 2016_MSW_UoT said:

My ROSI still says no registration history. What is the "3rd wave"? Does it mean that they are reviewing in batches or that we're like...3rd choice? 

Not necessarily, just that we're not their first choice I guess. They send it out in 3 waves, the first one are their first picks and then they send out a second wave of admissions, and figure out how many spaces they have. Then they send out the 3rd offer to fill in those last spaces. Then there's the waitlist too. It's not ranked as far as I know, and it's rather long. So it all depends on how many people are placed in the program, who accepts/declines, which fields need more people. 

3 minutes ago, 2016_MSW_UoT said:

Not sure what to make of it but from what I understand they have three waves of acceptances. What determines which wave you're accepted in is what I'm not sure about. 1st choice or 3rd choice how beer doesn't matter much once you're accepted! 

Just now, rachberks said:

Not sure what to make of it but from what I understand they have three waves of acceptances. What determines which wave you're accepted in is what I'm not sure about. 1st choice or 3rd choice how beer doesn't matter much once you're accepted! 

1 minute ago, phd2msw said:

Not necessarily, just that we're not their first choice I guess. They send it out in 3 waves, the first one are their first picks and then they send out a second wave of admissions, and figure out how many spaces they have. Then they send out the 3rd offer to fill in those last spaces. Then there's the waitlist too. It's not ranked as far as I know, and it's rather long. So it all depends on how many people are placed in the program, who accepts/declines, which fields need more people. 

Ok, yeah. I guess I was just trying to figure out my odds. Seems like if you're 3rd wave your odds are lower. :(

1 minute ago, 2016_MSW_UoT said:

Ok, yeah. I guess I was just trying to figure out my odds. Seems like if you're 3rd wave your odds are lower. :(

Try not to lose hope. Someone in the program right now told me that most of the people in the program find out in the 2nd and 3rd waves. If you haven't received a rejection, you're probably still in the running. This is at least how I am choosing to look at it haha

1 minute ago, phd2msw said:

Try not to lose hope. Someone in the program right now told me that most of the people in the program find out in the 2nd and 3rd waves. If you haven't received a rejection, you're probably still in the running. This is at least how I am choosing to look at it haha

Super helpful!

Have they sent out rejections at all? 

1 minute ago, 2016_MSW_UoT said:

Super helpful!

Have they sent out rejections at all? 

Someone upthread said they received a rejection letter on feb 29 for the 2 year program. So I am going to assume that if we haven't been rejected yet, there's still a chance. 

43 minutes ago, msw0913 said:

I feel for you, I have so much work to be done still haha! UGH. honestly i'm not very confident in my chances of getting into laurier so although it would suck to get rejected im kinda expecting it :(

1 hour ago, Applicant#1000 said:

Congratulations!!! Did your ROSI update today?

Yes it did! I didnt check it over the long weekend since it was a holiday so I am assuming it got updated today!

1 hour ago, phd2msw said:

Wow congrats! Mine still doesn't show anything. Hoping that maybe they update throughout the day. Good luck everyone! 

1 hour ago, WaitingWaiting4 said:

Congrats!

1 hour ago, SamSat said:

CONGRATS! :) Still nothing for me from any of the 3- U of T, York, or Laurier. Will keep on waiting I guess-- good luck to everyone!

Thanks you guys!! Keep your hopes up! Goodluck!

45 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

I feel for you, I have so much work to be done still haha! UGH. honestly i'm not very confident in my chances of getting into laurier so although it would suck to get rejected im kinda expecting it :(

Think positive! They haven't sent anything out yet we still have a chance! GOOD LUCK! 

41 minutes ago, chelsealion said:

It was for the two year program. I received an offer of admission by e-mail, and MyFile was also updated. Good luck to all who applied!

OMG CONGRATS!!! If you don't mind can you share your experience? 

1 minute ago, chelsealion said:

Sure, I can share some experience! It might help me if I had some more specific questions, though.  

Sorry i should have been more specific. What kind of work or volunteer experience did you have? Also, what was your GPA? Sorry if its personal, you don't need to answer. I just want to know if I still have a chance. I kind of lost hope of getting into York.