Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

1 minute ago, LP3 said:

Whatever people say, Windsor is a beautiful city and there's a nice bike/jogging path beside the river! 

@andwewaitThe Social work building is next to the river so you'll definitely enjoy it. Plus the social work community is really small and super close so your placement supervisor will really try to help you get a job. A lot of the professors like Dr.Grant or Dr.Calderwood have connections to jobs in Toronto or London so talk to your professors about where you want to work!

1 hour ago, CalendarGirl said:

amazzzing!!! NEXT WEEK IT IS. My heart just jumped!

I think your background is wonderful and interesting. I think that is benefit for two year programs, they will get students from diverse backgrounds which means that they will get different types of social workers.

I am so excited to stop speculating and just know my fate haha! Did you e-mail them?

Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm sure you have incredible experience too and a great shot of getting in.

Yes, I had to email them for something else so I threw this in too haha. She said "within a week". I can't wait!!! Although I just discovered a silly formatting error in my application and it's driving me a little nuts lol. 

19 minutes ago, Sam.E said:

Anyone hear back from u of t????

is it in waves or just random? Will we not hear for another ten days?? That could be good so as to not obsess. It seems those who were accepted had a lot of research experience so far... Gawww so painful

For those who were accepted in previous years, did you have a lot of research experience?

the only research experience I've had was based on my 6 credit field research class...which was self directed but nothing formal or published. 

Other than that no research so I'm a bit worried that will be my demise.

As for experience I was an outreach worker in Montreal and did social circus with youth living involved in street related activities. And am really interested in circus arts based research but maybe that's too out there for u of t.

i was going a bit crazy so figured I'd post. Good luck!! April is almost here.. Bitter sweet

1 hour ago, andwewait said:

Ryerson just called me, I was accepted but turned down their offer. I am going to Windsor for my MSW 

That was so generous of you to release the offer right away so that they are able to provide someone else with the spot :) instead of stringing them along

15 minutes ago, aidyl said:

is it in waves or just random? Will we not hear for another ten days?? That could be good so as to not obsess. It seems those who were accepted had a lot of research experience so far... Gawww so painful

It is in waves. From my understanding there should be one more wave of acceptances then the waitlist/ rejection go out a week or so after. 

11 minutes ago, aidyl said:

For those who were accepted in previous years, did you have a lot of research experience?

the only research experience I've had was based on my 6 credit field research class...which was self directed but nothing formal or published. 

As for experience I was an outreach worker in Montreal and did social circus with youth living involved in street related activities. And am really interested in circus arts based research but maybe that's too out there for u of t.

i was going a bit crazy so figured I'd post. Good luck!! April is almost here.. Bitter sweet

The only research experience I have is my undergrad thesis. And an A in research methods. We're in a similar boat!
I have to bank on my experience outside of research as well as my GPA/statements. 
However not hearing from them after the first 2 rounds is certainly discouraging. 

I also contacted Laurier today, I spoke to Meghan and she told me the same response "within a week" they should have offers made. 

Has anyone heard anything for York's two year program? 

1 minute ago, rachberks said:

The only research experience I have is my undergrad thesis. And an A in research methods. We're in a similar boat!
I have to bank on my experience outside of research as well as my GPA/statements. 
However not hearing from them after the first 2 rounds is certainly discouraging. 

Yes I agree, but then there is one more round! Which hopefully is soon...good luck let us know if you hear back. 

If I don't get in I might go for the hsbw next year so finding out about that gave me hope about my future. Any idea when the last wave will be? I know this is all speculation but it's fun to set goals  not to check until a certain day, gets a little less obssessive.

2 minutes ago, aidyl said:

Yes I agree, but then there is one more round! Which hopefully is soon...good luck let us know if you hear back. 

If I don't get in I might go for the hsbw next year so finding out about that gave me hope about my future. Any idea when the last wave will be? I know this is all speculation but it's fun to set goals  not to check until a certain day, gets a little less obssessive.

The last round should be next week hopefully! i'll definitely post on here when I find out anything. Its so hard to study for my finals with this whole uncertainty going on right now. 

28 minutes ago, msw0913 said:

I also contacted Laurier today, I spoke to Meghan and she told me the same response "within a week" they should have offers made. 

Has anyone heard anything for York's two year program? 

haha.. ugh... I still don't know what this means... so by next monday all offers should be made? Jeeeze, this is such a guessing game. IF ANYONE GETS ACCEPTED POST HERE ASAP....ugh. all of this waiting is driving me nutso haha

53 minutes ago, aidyl said:

I had some research experience. They were both from my undergrad thesis and ind. study. I did two research studies for a hospital, and presented the results from one at a conference. I mentioned this a lot in my letter of intent, and spoke about the importance of research as well.

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have applied only to u of t for the MSW 2 year program and I am still waiting to hear. I was accepted to this program in 2009 and completed the first term but left to have a baby. Now almost 7 years later I hope to complete the degree, but I had to re-apply again of course. It seems like the program has become even more popular and competitive. I didn't have extensive research exp with my first application...just a good GPA, good reference letters and a well formulated statement. Also, once you are in the program a strong understanding of feminist theory is super helpful. I have a degree in women studies so that helped me a lot. Best of luck to everyone!

2 hours ago, aidyl said:

It is in waves. From my understanding there should be one more wave of acceptances then the waitlist/ rejection go out a week or so after. 

18 hours ago, sosocialworker said:

@andwewaitThe Social work building is next to the river so you'll definitely enjoy it. Plus the social work community is really small and super close so your placement supervisor will really try to help you get a job. A lot of the professors like Dr.Grant or Dr.Calderwood have connections to jobs in Toronto or London so talk to your professors about where you want to work!

thank you and amazing job getting into Ryerson :) 

11 minutes ago, RRizwan said:

Hi Everyone,

So I just checked ROSI and I have been accepted into UofT (2 year)!!! Check your ROSI!

Wow congrats! Mine still doesn't show anything. Hoping that maybe they update throughout the day. Good luck everyone! 

Has anyone heard back from Memorial? I remember someone posting on here that decisions would be send out on March 23rd. I know the mail is slow, but that seems like a long time to hear nothing... Ugh. My status still says "application complete", but no "decision made" yet. I just called, but I got a voice mail and was too chicken to leave a message lol!

14 minutes ago, RRizwan said:

Hi Everyone,

So I just checked ROSI and I have been accepted into UofT (2 year)!!! Check your ROSI!

CONGRATS! :) Still nothing for me from any of the 3- U of T, York, or Laurier. Will keep on waiting I guess-- good luck to everyone!