Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

4 hours ago, Determinedandnervous said:

Has anyone else been totally psyching themselves out over the process? I haven't even gotten one admissions decision back yet and I am already thinking about the weaknesses of my file/SOP and what I have to do to strengthen it by next cycle.

Let's worry less and finish the last semester strong! 

Edited by shane94

21 hours ago, shane94 said:

What school? If you indicated that you want to work with some professors in your SoP, read their papers again.

Sorry shane. Didnt reply earlier. It was for Harry S Truman School of Public affairs. I got the interview. Went well. Generally positive review. Favorable decision expected. Why PhD? Why this particular discipline? Statistical background? Willing to prepare further for statistical training on your own time before joining. Etc. Modern political developments. Price discovery for government services and questions like these. 

10 hours ago, needavacation said:

Ditto. Some programs have gone in the last week of January before, so next week will be particularly difficult to get through.

In particular, Duke, WashU, Chicago, and Berkeley are likely to release their results during that week. 

Edited by shane94

I'm a bit late to this party, just wanted to mention for completeness' sake that I also had an interview with an OSU POI last week (though sadly not the candidate who received an informal admissions offer according to the results search ...).

My coping mechanism for getting through this agonizing waiting period is to check the results search several times a day and do lots of yoga.

I just got accepted to the London School of Economic's Masters Program in EU Politics! It feels so good to know that I have not been shut out of the admissions process! Congrats to all other admits to political science thus far and here's to hoping everyone here gets into a school they love!

On January 17, 2016 at 7:24 AM, NinaNinotshka said:

I'm a bit late to this party, just wanted to mention for completeness' sake that I also had an interview with an OSU POI last week (though sadly not the candidate who received an informal admissions offer according to the results search ...).

My coping mechanism for getting through this agonizing waiting period is to check the results search several times a day and do lots of yoga.

Pretty sure that person is trolling because the department doesn't even make funding decisions; they recommend accepted students for funding, and then the graduate school makes the final decision on it; that's why OSU funding comes several weeks after their acceptances. But anyway...

4 hours ago, Determinedandnervous said:

I just got accepted to the London School of Economic's Masters Program in EU Politics! It feels so good to know that I have not been shut out of the admissions process! Congrats to all other admits to political science thus far and here's to hoping everyone here gets into a school they love!

Súper Congrats! When did you submit your app/ have papers processed by the school?

Ive  applied to EU Politics but PhD as I'm already in an EU politics MA programme. Pretty sure I'll need an interview 1st though. 

Congrats again mate.

3 hours ago, studugarte said:

Súper Congrats! When did you submit your app/ have papers processed by the school?

Ive  applied to EU Politics but PhD as I'm already in an EU politics MA programme. Pretty sure I'll need an interview 1st though. 

Congrats again mate.

Thanks! I submitted my application in late November, and it was processed in early December. If anyone else applied later than that or even at the same time, odds are they haven't even gotten close to everyone else's yet. Out of curiosity, what is your research interest within EU politics?

14 hours ago, Determinedandnervous said:

Ok, it seems that they're pretty true to their 8 week turnaround times then. 

My proposal is about the Europeanisation of public policy and the affect it has on the emergence of the (debated!) EU identity. 

8 minutes ago, cgfren08 said:

Seems GWU released their preliminary results today. 

Yup. I have noticed too at results search. No one from the admits has posted his/her results and those who have posted are either from rejects or waitlisted. But my online status remains unchanged, nor have I got email so far. Does the GWU release admissions in phases?

1 minute ago, gradphil said:

Yup. I have noticed too at results search. No one from the admits has posted his/her results and those who have posted are either from rejects or waitlisted. But my online status remains unchanged, nor have I got email so far. Does the GWU release admissions in phases?

They are inviting 45 applicants to an open house, after which they will accept 30 and waitlist the remaining 15. I am among this 45. 

1 minute ago, PizzaCat93 said:

They are inviting 45 applicants to an open house, after which they will accept 30 and waitlist the remaining 15. I am among this 45. 

Thank you for the updates. Does that mean those who have not heard or whose status indicates no changes, will get rejects?

14 minutes ago, gradphil said:

Thank you for the updates. Does that mean those who have not heard or whose status indicates no changes, will get rejects?

Thank you! 

And, I would assume so? Some people have already gotten rejections, I think. And it seems they are only accepting from this shortlisted pool, so...

7 minutes ago, PizzaCat93 said:

Thank you! 

And, I would assume so? Some people have already gotten rejections, I think. And it seems they are only accepting from this shortlisted pool, so...

Thank you. It reasonably makes sense.