Welcome to the 2015-2016 Cycle!

1 hour ago, IRtheorist said:

Just received a rejection from Korbel School in Denver via email. It was my best fit. This all just keeps getting worse. 

Sorry, IRtheorist. It's a pretty rough process, and one that folks sometimes go through multiple times. There's a steep learning curve involved, and a healthy dose of random error. Keep your head up and---better than staying positive---keep fighting. Those who really want to make this work eventually figure it out.

3 hours ago, PizzaCat93 said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very ready for this application season to be over. So tired of waiting!!

Same. Just reject me already so I can move on with my life. I'm hesitant to start sending out resumes until I know for sure, but I'm quite done with being stuck in limbo.

On 12 Şubat 2016 at 4:00 AM, Frank Knight said:

Whoever got the UCR acceptance, did you get any word on financial assistance? 

I got accepted to UCR in late January myself, but I was told that financial packages were still being discussed and would be emailed later. 

I also applied to UCR but i haven't got any response. Do you know whether they released the rejections?

16 minutes ago, fbeyza said:

I also applied to UCR but i haven't got any response. Do you know whether they released the rejections?

My POI said that their decision making process is drawn out from mid-February to late April. So we may have to wait for UCR

Just waiting on Cornell at this point AKA my dream school...the fit is great...let's just hope they send acceptances/rejections this week (although most likely we will get them next week). And the worst part is that after march I'll be waiting for news regarding other fellowships I applied for. Gah, patience...gotta have patience.. 

635520961476244888798720642_tumblr_inlin

What @finalsenator said. I doubt they'll send rejection letters until late March/April. Out of curiosity finalsenator, am I right to assume UCR is what you're aiming for as well? 

Also any word on Merced? They seem to have sent out some unofficial acceptances, but otherwise Riverside and Merced are the last UCs to send out official acceptances. 

Edited by Frank Knight

15 minutes ago, Frank Knight said:

What @finalsenator said. I doubt they'll send rejection letters until late March/April. Out of curiosity finalsenator, am I right to assume UCR is what you're aiming for as well? 

Also any word on Merced? They seem to have sent out some unofficial acceptances, but otherwise Riverside and Merced are the last UCs to send out official acceptances. 

You are right. Really hoping for some good news from them! I have not heard anything on Merced though.

7 hours ago, meteora said:

Did anyone receive official rejections from UIUC, Duke, Colorado, North Carolina, and Georgetown? It looks many schools send out acceptances earlier than rejections. 

I'm still waiting to hear ANYTHING from Georgetown. I've seen a few people claim acceptance calls but none in American so I'm wondering what the holdup was when the deadline was two months ago lol.

On 9 Şubat 2016 at 6:35 PM, s1994 said:

A quiet Tuesday so far

Got rejection from ufl today. Vandy, uuic, cgu, maryland, ucr and urbana champaign are left. As there are several acceptances from vandy urbana champaign and ucr, i think i am rejected from those too.

26 minutes ago, fbeyza said:

Got rejection from ufl today. Vandy, uuic, cgu, maryland, ucr and urbana champaign are left. As there are several acceptances from vandy urbana champaign and ucr, i think i am rejected from those too.

Maryland should be this week, although weather may be slowing them down. They were closed yesterday and the website says they have a late opening today at 11. 

18 minutes ago, wb3060 said:

Maryland should be this week, although weather may be slowing them down. They were closed yesterday and the website says they have a late opening today at 11. 

What makes you think it will be this week? Have you heard from the department?

16 minutes ago, Hopeful57 said:

Did anyone get an exact date for visit weekend in their Vandy emails? Hoping it doesn't conflict with UNC 

Really close call. UNC's is March 31st-April 2nd and Vandy's (according to phone interview, not acceptance email), is April 3rd-5th.

Does anyone here in Comparative claim a Vandy acceptance, yet? I was informed in the interview that a considerable number of spots were going to American, while comparative only had 4 or so, and I only see American and unspecified on the results page.

Just got an acceptance from UCR. Worst notification ever, dry, standardized email by graduate school with official funding offer attached (worst offer too, only 3 years), without anyone from the department reaching out first.

19 minutes ago, Hopeful57 said:

@HardPromises thank you so much! Did they say if it was confirmed on tentative?

Not sure, to be honest. I can't recall the exact language used, and this was before my UNC letter, so I didn't think much of it at the time. Just jotted down the dates.

Did anybody who received word from to Vanderbilt find the acceptance email a bit odd? Also, did anybody get an acceptance email without receiving an interview?

My email said something along the lines of I'm on a short list of admits and they would appreciate if I told them if I was still interested in Vanderbilt or my interests were elsewhere. It said positive things about my application, but seemed really unclear. No funding info or anything. Anybody receive similar?

Edited by Straightoutta

I got the same kind of email, I spoke to one of the faculty and it seems like they had significantly more applicants than in the past / very qualified applicants. I think they want to offer very few admissions to have a more boutique-y graduate program rathern than a large program like some other schools. 

The feeling I got was: we really like you but let us focus on winning someone else over if there's no chance you're coming here. 

4 minutes ago, Hopeful57 said:

I got the same kind of email, I spoke to one of the faculty and it seems like they had significantly more applicants than in the past / very qualified applicants. I think they want to offer very few admissions to have a more boutique-y graduate program rathern than a large program like some other schools. 

The feeling I got was: we really like you but let us focus on winning someone else over if there's no chance you're coming here. 

Yeah, that is the feeling I got as well. I'm just confused as to whether or not that means we are accepted. Does this go into my acceptance column? I'm definitely still interested in Vanderbilt, but I am leaning towards Duke. I'd like to hear what Vanderbilt has to say though before I make any decisions.